Scouts dying?

DeletedUser

Is anyone else having problems with the farm assistant having scouts die? As you know, the "C" button in the farm assistant is supposed to send the number of troops needed in order to fully plunder a barbarian village. My problem is the scout that this "C" button sends ALWAYS dies, meaning my farm assistant doesn't get updated info on remaining resources.

To top it off, WHENEVER I send 1, 2, or 3 scouts, I always lose 1. So if I'm only sending 1, that sucks, obviously.

As if that's not bad enough, the simulator shows that you must send at least 4 scouts to not lose any. You can send 1000 axes 1000 light cavalry and 1 scout at an empty village with no troops, no scouts, no wall, and your scout will die. Is that right?! I'm positive that I have never seen such a thing on another world.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem, because surely someone else out there noticed that their "C" button on the farming assistant is practically useless...

Anyone else seen this? Anyone able to explain why this would be happening?

DeletedUser

OK so the C button does send 4 scouts if you have 4 in village... that solves that problem, but why do you have to have 4, when you could (in other worlds) just send 1? As long as there are no scouts in the village you're attacking...?

DeletedUser2600

yeah thats right.
FA send s 4 minimum when you have enough home anyways.

DeletedUser

The game requires at least 4 scouts to be sent. I don't know what else to tell you. That is the way most of the newer worlds seem to have been.

DeletedUser329

These are the general settings found on worlds with simple tech and paladin without weapons.
On worlds with weapons you need an additional item in order to view troops outside of village. On 15 tech worlds what you are able to view with your scouts is dependent on level of research. On world 5 scouts are able to do all without additional research or a weapon, therefore you need to send more. You need to send a minimum of 4 , which you have already discovered.
I think the FA sending less scouts isn't ideal. Although the C option will hopefully be improved with future updates.
Hope this helps.

Aliyah.
<3

DeletedUser

You can use TWFR for the current time although. It takes a lot more time then FA, although has a similar is not better reflect on your gameplay.

DeletedUser1093

TWFR is a much better option. The Farm Assistant can only be used on Barbarian villages which is potentially a huge blow to your farming, especially in the early game. You also have control over what troops to use based on distance or time since it was last scouted. Optionally it can calculate how many rams are needed to destroy the wall and send them automatically.

It really is a much better alternative and you don't have to pay for it.

I might take another look if they update it, but I am fairly certain they will never allow 1 button attacks against players so I don't think I will be switching.

DeletedUser

I agree, Aliyah, that it's not ideal to send less than 4 scouts. I think if you have less than 4 available, it should pop up when you hit C that you don't have enough troops available, or give you a pop-up that says something like "are you sure want to farm with no scouts?" I think it's harder to keep track of your scouts as you're scrolling down and just hitting C C C C C C C - if that makes sense. Hope you guys can do something about that! And I am certainly happy that you can see all troops outside village without item and without additional research in smithy. Quicker, just wished I knew about the 4 scout minimum before... This should be added in the help pages, instead of saying "the only way to kill attacking scouts is with defending scouts," it should say something like "usually, ...., but that is dependent on world settings."

DeletedUser2600

TWFR is a much better option. The Farm Assistant can only be used on Barbarian villages which is potentially a huge blow to your farming, especially in the early game. You also have control over what troops to use based on distance or time since it was last scouted. Optionally it can calculate how many rams are needed to destroy the wall and send them automatically.

It really is a much better alternative and you don't have to pay for it.

I might take another look if they update it, but I am fairly certain they will never allow 1 button attacks against players so I don't think I will be switching.

umm, this world has this:

Maximum relation of attacker and defender: 20 : 1 for the first 60 days

so you cant farm small players yet.

DeletedUser1093

umm, this world has this:

Maximum relation of attacker and defender: 20 : 1 for the first 60 days

so you cant farm small players yet.

depends what you consider small. at 1000 points I can farm everybody over 50 points. I'd consider that small, and also a good portion of my farms.

DeletedUser2600

well im 7k points and no need to farm players. i farm a big enough range to keep production going.

also any big enough for me to farm are a waste of troops clearing when i can farm for nobles or just noble.

DeletedUser

i'm 18k points. soon this will affect nobling. i hate this. c'mon people, grow my villages for me faster!