Self Updating Maps

• Thread starter DeletedUser5474
  • Start date

DeletedUser5474

Here are the self updating maps, made by Nickjer. You can find them, along with other world maps, at http://map.k-io.com/index.php.

Tribal Dominance Map:
topktribes.png

Top Tribes Map:
toptribes.png

Top Nobling Tribes Map:
topnoblers.png

Average Points/Player Map:
topavgtribes.png

Player Dominance Map:
topkplayers.png

Top Players Map:
topplayers.png

Fastest Noblers Map:
fastnoblers.png

Top ODA Players Map:
topkaplayers.png

Dominance Map Rules:
A top player or tribe in a continent must have 300 or 5000 points respectively
on a single continent to be displayed.

Nobling Map Rules:
This map updates every 24 hours with the noblings that occured in
last day. If the same village is nobled multiple times, only the
most recent nobling right before the map update will count. The
top 15 tribes are displayed in the background with the villages
nobled in the past 24 hours showing as big squares in the foreground.

Fastest Noblers:
(# villages conquered since first nobled village)/(time since first
nobled village). Basically it shows the rate of ennoblements in
units of villages per day for the fastest players since their first
nobled village.

DeletedUser

Could somebody sticky this? Or is there no moderator on this forum? :S

DeletedUser

Thank you! I didn't intend to come off as a rude person. I was just wondering cuz it's been so quiet here.
I'm noob to using forums :/

Deleted User - 419875

No worries it was not taken as rude, sometimes we need reminding.

DeletedUser

Hello, mod.
Could you unsticky this? The maps no longer work after tw swithced to https protocol.

DeletedUser3272

Seems to me a strategic split of MIT when world maps are down, shame, guess i go to TW stats now to make my own maps to see the impact of change, lol

DeletedUser3272

TW stats dont work, the maps wont show tags, maps dont work, TW tats wont update all around this protocol change and yet MIT members, 5 to be exact, left to make HUGZ, then disbanded 12 hours laters and rejoins MIT 4 days before BAD splits off when the change happens, coincidence, i think now. conspiracy theorists numero uno!!

look here
[1:41:12 AM] Sixpointer EXP: https://forum.tribalwars.us/showthread.php?7382-Self-Updating-Maps
[1:41:35 AM] Sixpointer EXP: i am telling you something is off and if you go to TWstats and try to map tribes by tag or anything it will not auto populate and i have ben trying this since yesterday
[1:42:15 AM] Sixpointer EXP: tyrionblue went inactive when kevdawg left MIT and no action or growth on his account since the date that guy elft except for VHQ building which stopped a couple days ago
[1:42:43 AM] Sixpointer EXP: and yet he is in WHL
[1:42:53 AM] Sixpointer EXP: not likely that MIT has SIT or they would have used his account
[1:43:07 AM] Sixpointer EXP: more proof that MIT is same tribe as WHL

DeletedUser2950

I hope someone is working to make self updating maps that work with the new update. Sure do miss them. They were a great tool. :(

DeletedUser3272

can we get a response from our forum moderator on when this is being fixed, thank you

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
The maps will not be fixed. Nickjer, the creator of the self updating maps has retired. He left this message on his page:

So a problem has occurred. TribalWars has gone to encryption, they use https:// instead of http://.

Unfortunately, this will involve a rewrite of my very old code to include SSL. As I am working two jobs, I just don't have the time anymore to modify my code. I am surprised that old sloppy code has lasted this long. So this is a good time to retire :)

I have already been doing it for far too long anyways. And there are others who want to take over my job. So now is a good time to call it quits while people still play TribalWars and haven't all moved on.

I'd also give out my current code, but it is sooo old and sloppy, it would be easier for people to just rewrite it in a newer language.

I had a blast with the TribalWars community. Thanks for the fun.

-nickjer

Nauzhror

Reaction score
can we get a response from our forum moderator on when this is being fixed, thank you

They were independently made by a player, they were never an official feature of the game, nor had anything to do with this version or any TW versions moderators.

Note: I'm only referring to Nickjer's auto-updating maps, not to the maps on twstats. TWStats is ran by Morthy, an Innogames Developer and the Community Manager of tribalwars.net. The maps on twstats also appear to be properly functioning at this moment in time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5034

Wow the US server players sure were slow to notice this :D... Y'all need to use the forums more often. :)

DeletedUser

Nauz a forum mod??????

I'm surprised he stayed past start up :eek:

DeletedUser3272

Thanks sweeney for the update and the TWstats is working ok now as well.

Hopefuly someone wil want to do this