Server language rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Okay first of all I'm English and from the United Kingdom, thus this rule doesn't effect me.

However I want to know what the issue is with not being allowed to speak a foreign language in the "tribal forums" Profiles, mails etc, I totally understand, however not being able to say in the forum is a little over the top or at least from my point of view. If your banning and disbanding tribes for this and they are calling it racist (which they very well are, and seen on the forum) then maybe I and some others agree, we out side the tribe can't see it, it doesn't effect us in any way shape or form and the only way for someone to know this is for the ingame admin/mod to stalk their tribe, wait for someone to speak Brazilian or Polish or whatever language they choose to speak in and disband their tribe and ban them - This I agree or to a state that is wrong and understand why they are calling it racist and slightly uncomfortable with it.

And for jesseiam2 who clearly doesn't know anything past this server,

This rule is the same on all servers. On the French server, speak French. On the Brazilian server, speak Portuguese. On the German server, speak German. Here you speak English.

This is a utter rubbish. You shouldn't really post false trash what you know nothing about. Many foreign tribal wars servers allow English and some other languages in mail and in their forum. In fact, .se/.fi/,dk allow English posts in their forums, and on another note, .no/.lt/.dk/.com.hr/plemena.net/asia all have a section on the external forums for foreign languages.

So please explain to me why you post false information (Which doesn't look good with the whole "admin/mod" thing under your name and why this rule is in place when you can clearly see, it's hardly on any other server so please don't give me the trash that it's one of InnoGames's rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay first of all I'm English and from the United Kingdom, thus this rule doesn't effect me.

However I want to know what the issue is with not being allowed to speak a foreign language in the "tribal forums" Profiles, mails etc, I totally understand, however not being able to say in the forum is a little over the top or at least from my point of view. If your banning and disbanding tribes for this and they are calling it racist (which they very well are, and seen on the forum) then maybe I and some others agree, we out side the tribe can't see it, it doesn't effect us in any way shape or form and the only way for someone to know this is for the ingame admin/mod to stalk their tribe, wait for someone to speak Brazilian or Polish or whatever language they choose to speak in and disband their tribe and ban them - This I agree or to a state that is wrong and understand why they are calling it racist and slightly uncomfortable with it.

And for jesseiam2 who clearly doesn't know anything past this server,

This is a utter rubbish. You shouldn't really post false trash what you know nothing about. Many foreign tribal wars servers allow English and some other languages in mail and in their forum. In fact, .se/.fi/,dk allow English posts in their forums, and on another note, .no/.lt/.dk/.com.hr/plemena.net/asia all have a section on the external forums for foreign languages.

So please explain to me why you post false information (Which doesn't look good with the whole "admin/mod" thing under your name and why this rule is in place when you can clearly see, it's hardly on any other server so please don't give me the trash that it's one of InnoGames's rules.

+1 This is completely true. :/ I think that posting in their forums SHOULD be allowed in whatever language they want, since it's not interrupting us in any way. :/ I hope you guys think about this racist rule a bit more, with it being against your own tribalwars rules. -_-

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Not commenting on whether I think the rule should be here, but One Hit KO is most definitely correct when stating that:

jesseiam2 said:
This rule is the same on all servers. On the French server, speak French. On the Brazilian server, speak Portuguese. On the German server, speak German. Here you speak English.

Is false.

Please don't state that rules exist on other versions without actually having a clue whether they do or not.

You know what they say about assumption being the mother of all screwups*, right?

I have played the German server, they allow English and/or German everywhere except on the external forums. I have also played on the Thaiwanese server and they allow English or Thaiwanese everywhere ingame, and even have a special English-Only forum on their external forums. The only two servers I have played in fact that will ban you for English usage ingame are the Dutch and Swedish servers. Mind you, there's also a difference. English is the most popular language in the world, and is the secondary language in most of the countries that have versions that allow English. As such a large percentage of the players on every version speak English whereas the same can't be said for any other language.

*The actual terminology is less forum friendly.

DeletedUser

Well! Thanks for support us by this topic, and re-create new one since some moderator closed my for unknow reason again.

Well, imaginaze that when some of you, your team wants to enjoy on our Polish Tribal Wars, and you have to speak in Polish. What would you do? Try as fast to learn it, to stay on server and dont "break [wtf?] some rules" by speaking in English?

Its not to accept, we would not have any problems with that you speak in english or in other language on PRIVATE TRIBE FORUM. I understand when we could speak in official TW.us forum in Polish, it could confusing you all when you read it, but our forum is only for us. FOR OUR COMMUNITY. We want to have same rules like other players (I mean Grece, German, Spain etc). Its normal when you came from other country you speak by your native language. So I think its anyoing when WE HAVE TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH. Ofc we speak by those language. One better, one not so.

But... For what TW Team need to speak us in English in our private tribe forum?

WE DIDNT GET ANSWER YET.

DeletedUser

You have to understand that Mods have to be able to read everything in the forums. English is slowly becoming a world language and because of this it is allowed on other servers. You can't call it racism because of the fact that a tribe breaks the rules so it gets disbanded; that is "utter rubbish".

Also, I'm sure jesse knows more than just this server. Would it seem logical to hire someone that doesn't even know how to play to game to be an IG Mod? In the case of the tribe in W1 that got disbanded(sorry I can't remember the name) they were in the Top 20 and thus had the spotlight on them.

On the .net on W50 Morthy ran scripts on the top 100 players to check for rule breaking. Quite a few players were caught, but only those that the scripts were ran on had any chance of being caught. This relates to the Top 20 having the spotlight because an IG Mod is not going to go through and check every single tribe in the world for foreign forums; thats just not possible.

If you have an issue with the rules on a server then don't play it. Rules are established to be followed, not broken.

DeletedUser

But for what they have to read our messages? I dont understand it, since its not for they usage. If they want to know something, there's many translators which they can use easy and translate words.

DeletedUser

You have to understand that Mods have to be able to read everything in the forums. English is slowly becoming a world language and because of this it is allowed on other servers. You can't call it racism because of the fact that a tribe breaks the rules so it gets disbanded; that is "utter rubbish".

Also, I'm sure jesse knows more than just this server. Would it seem logical to hire someone that doesn't even know how to play to game to be an IG Mod? In the case of the tribe in W1 that got disbanded(sorry I can't remember the name) they were in the Top 20 and thus had the spotlight on them.

On the .net on W50 Morthy ran scripts on the top 100 players to check for rule breaking. Quite a few players were caught, but only those that the scripts were ran on had any chance of being caught. This relates to the Top 20 having the spotlight because an IG Mod is not going to go through and check every single tribe in the world for foreign forums; thats just not possible.

If you have an issue with the rules on a server then don't play it. Rules are established to be followed, not broken.

Jess clearly doesn't know more than just this servers rule or he wouldn't of posted false information. If the team were to stalk your tribe forums I'm fairly sure you'd be annoyed and say they were biased.

DeletedUser

Jess clearly doesn't know more than just this servers rule or he wouldn't of posted false information. If the team were to stalk your tribe forums I'm fairly sure you'd be annoyed and say they were biased.

Excacly! We dont want to have spy in our forums. I think this rule is only for that TW Team want to stalk our forum and tell other teams what we wants to do in future.

But what If we make other forum in other service? Its not breaking rules, yes?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Well, imaginaze that when some of you, your team wants to enjoy on our Polish Tribal Wars, and you have to speak in Polish.

Have you ever read the rules on the polish version?

Directly from them:

4.8) Językiem obowiązującym w grze Plemiona jest język polski. Używanie innego języka w grze jest zabronione i może prowadzić do blokady lub wykluczenia konta z gry.

Translation:

4.8) The language of tribes in the game is Polish. The use of another language of the game is prohibited and may lead to blocking your account, or exclusion from the game.

Excacly! We dont want to have spy in our forums. I think this rule is only for that TW Team want to stalk our forum and tell other teams what we wants to do in future.

This is utter rubbish. The reasoning behind the rules is so that all players can communicate with each other. Secondly yes, it is required that staff be able to read your mails/forums to ensure that the content posted on them is appropriate should there be suspicions of whether the contents violated the game's terms of service (ie. promoting racism, discrimination, or other similar garbage on your forums).

scorn said:
But what If we make other forum in other service? Its not breaking rules, yes?

It's still breaking the rules. Playing the game and not knowing English is against the rules.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The real reason actually is discrimination. The rules say a tribe cannot be made for a specific nationality. Speaking in another language is evidence of this. If I am denied access to a tribe based on language that violates the rules. if everyone writes in english, this problem is eliminated. why english? because of this server's origins and the audience it is intended for. it is okay that people of other countries play, but you must remember the original target audience.

DeletedUser

It's still breaking the rules. Playing the game and not knowing English is against the rules.

So If I dont know English I break rules in every game ye? Amazing.

DeletedUser

not true. you just cannot write anything or post in a tribe, PM, etc. without risk of ban. rules are rules. do not get mad at .US moderators/staff, this is an innogames rule across all of tribal wars... just because it is more strict here where other servers may have grown to be more lenient does not make it discriminatory.

DeletedUser

not true. you just cannot write anything or post in a tribe, PM, etc. without risk of ban. rules are rules. do not get mad at .US moderators/staff, this is an innogames rule across all of tribal wars... just because it is more strict here where other servers may have grown to be more lenient does not make it discriminatory.

You cannot say that when I know for a fact you are allowed to speak a forerign language, in game: Mails/Profiles/forums and external forums on tribalwars.no.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
So If I dont know English I break rules in every game ye? Amazing.

That makes no sense. This is the US version of the game, it is here for Americans, if you can't communicate with the majority of Americans, then you do not belong here. It really can't be made any simpler.

this is an innogames rule across all of tribal wars.

No, it's really not. As I stated above, I have no problems with the rule, but I have problems with people assuming/stating it's a rule on all servers when it's not.

DeletedUser

other servers may have grown to be more lenient
is what I said... IT IS NOT JUST .US IS MY POINT. I am not 100% sure about the others because I do not go around breaking the rules by playing servers that I do not know the language =/ but I know .NET is the same, and most servers probably have the same rule in ttheir contract or w/e you wanna call it, even if they do not enforce it anymore...

DeletedUser

Regarding the accuracy of Jesse's statement -

I'm not going to say either way, because (1) I have not checked it's accuracy and don't intend to, and (2) in the big picture of what Jesse what actually trying to say, it really doesn't matter.

Regarding the actual rule in place -

More than anything else, I agree with the rule because I believe in-game mods should have the ability to read/monitor everything, including private mails and internal forums. I can speak from an American point of view in saying that a majority of Americans only know English; some have studied other languages and many people are well-versed in more than one, but the majority fluently speak only English.

That in mind, it is stupid and 100% incorrect from my point and view (and probably many others too) to call this rule racist. I could go on about this all day because I frequently have similar conversations, but if I went to play a Spanish game online and started sending in posts in English, I would have to be an idiot to call someone racist for asking me to obey their rules. How are they supposed to know that I'm not cursing out every living relative they have?

With all of that being said, if this server had a couple very active, reliable Mods that could speak another language, I think a forum in that language should be allowed. But, quite honestly, that would make the server a bit more complicated and it's probably easiest just to advise anyone not fluent in English to head on over to Google and use a translator.

EDIT:
This is the US version of the game, it is here for Americans, if you can't communicate with the majority of Americans, then you do not belong here.
Yes.

DeletedUser

Nice ninja edit.

This rule is the same on many of the servers. On the French server, speak French. On the Brazilian server, speak Portuguese. Here you speak English.

Original post:

How pathetic and arrogant, you make a mistake in the announcements and don't even have the guts to admit to it. No sorry for posting false information, no mention of editing the post.

Without 'proper' management how do you expect the game to grow?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
But we can communicate with American.

If you can speak English then you should have no problems doing so in all mediums related to the game. It would only be a problem if someone couldn't speak English, and if they can't speak English they can't properly communicate with the majority of the game's players and as such do not belong on this server.

DeletedUser

I realized my mistake after it being told to me by someone else. I am not perfect. I do make mistakes from time to time. But there is most certainly a better way to communicate this to me than this? Obviously you and others feel the need to toot your knowledge when it trumps others, congrats! Hope you feel big about it.

My original post has been corrected. That being said, the rule stands. It is in place on this and many other servers. It will be enforced.

By the way, I didnt see this post until just now or I would have commented way earlier. I am far from arrogant and to call me pathetic is akin to moderator abuse. I would watch your comments more closely.

DeletedUser329

As Nauz has stated . In game staff are responsible for ensuring there is nothing illegal within the game . Although Tribal forums are not actively moderated by staff , we are responsible for ensuring there is no illegal content within .
When someone reports things of an extreme offensive nature or rule breaking within a forum , in game mail , or profile we need to be able to verify this. As this is an American server and the majority of Americans are English speaking , so thus are the staff of this version of Tribalwars. If people were allowed to use any language the staff would be required to know multiple languages in order to be able to ensure reported incidence are legal. This is obviously not possible .
On other versions such as .de where English and German are allowed . I'm sure a lot of staff there know both languages . On this version that is not feasible .

I understand and sympathize with people wanting to use their own language . However it is easily remedied . I play other versions with friends , and simply using skype and an external forum is not that difficult to do.
These are the rules of this version for the reasons I specified and I think are understandable . I certainly could not go through many tickets a day in over 5 different languages and be expected to somehow translate them and work out if they were offensive or not.

Hope this clarifies your concerns .

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.