Signature Under 9.8 kb???

DeletedUser173

Hello .us, I was trying to change my signature, (720x120p) and it said the file was too large. I checked the requirement, and it said had to be smaller than 9.8 kb. I thought, allright, that's not bad. I then checked the size of my picture from paint, and it was 48kb. I tried reducing the file size, and I got it to 11kb when I changed it to monochrome format, but it looks terrible.

How does one use a NORMAL sig with such a tiny file allowance? :smack:

Here's the link to the picture I want to use.

Sig Pic

DeletedUser

Lol, try saving it as a different file type, if you save it as a bitmap (I believe?), it takes up a lot of space, try jpeg etc

DeletedUser1093

That is for uploaded signatures, if you want to upload it to the forum. Instead of uploading it to the forum upload it to photobucket (which you have already done) and put in in the text box with IMG BBcodes.

DeletedUser1093

.png is best quality and is a small file size.

Not true. Png has the best quality since it has lossless compression, but it takes considerably more space than other formats.

But again the size of the siggy doesn't matter if you upload it offsite, so png will work and will be the prettiest.

DeletedUser

But it lowers the quality. Just ask any GFX designer, they will either use GIMP or photoshop (which I have used) and some Mac users may use fireworks.