Smash Won W3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

A few seconds ago, I sent out the following circular to the remaining Smash members:

All players in Smash, this is the last circular you'll receive as members of Smash. It will detail every reason Smash fell, and also detail a few other things you probably didn't know. If you don't want to read this, you don't have to. But if you want to play another world with us, ever again (because Smash will return, either on .us or .net), then you have to message me back in 24 hours. In 24 hours, I hit delete and never look back.

So, let's get down to business with a little Smash reasoning. Why did Smash fall? Smash fell, because Smash won.

You see, many of the players in Smash were glad to be here. They grew, they won every fight, and we grew. However, Smash players got bored, and eventually they began to quit, and falter. As a result, the only thing that could beat Smash...was Smash itself. We lost because of our own players, not anyone else. Our own players are the ones that left and attacked us, betraying their tribemates.

Believe it or not, there's more. I know that many of you have realized that the original "[player]The SmashNasty[/player]" (otherwise named Matt), hasn't been around as much. Unfortunately, my coplayer (his girlfriend Christiana/Christii) had her father die. As a result, they both flew back to Texas, and haven't been able to get online until today as a result. By today, the damage was already done, and when I contacted him, it was only to ask permission to disband. After a lengthy talk discussing all options, we decided it was best. I highly suggest you all quit, and delete your accounts as I will. The reason I say that is, if you quit, then the traitors get none of the fun that they wanted out of you :). The best fight you can give them is quitting, because then they'll be forced to turn on everyone else, and themselves.

Smash won W3, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You know it, I know it, and every other tribe knows it. The only reason TW staff doesn't declare it for us, is we got too bored to continue. Smash will return to a more competitive world, and if you want to join, message me in the next 24 hours. The member list is not guaranteed if you message back. Each member will be more closely vetted and decided on by Matt and I.

Good luck to all of you, and remember that we won this,
u6s5l./Lelouch./Or-el

The title was "Disbanding".

Now it's time to tell the world. You know it, and we know it; Smash won W3. You may not like it or agree with it, but there was no competition left. Who remained to oppose us? Tribes half our size? There was no one.

I know we've never been your favorite tribe, and I know I've never been everyone's favorite poster, but I'm legitimately going to miss each and every player I've met. You've been great players, fun to argue with, and fun to talk to. Well, besides the traitors :p.

Hopefully, you all know just as much as I do that Smash was the best tribe on W3, and that we easily could've won the world had we all stuck it out. Regardless, we didn't "officially" win it. That doesn't make our accomplishment any lesser though. We controlled the world, had the diplomacy on our side, and even though we were accused of being "huggers", we played the game best on W3. Maybe not the best ever of any tribe, but we played it well. Hopefully, one day, you guys will not hate us as much as you do now, because we don't hate you all :).

So, it's with a sad face today that I declare that Smash will be disbanding. Sadly, it's true, but there's no point in playing. Even if we beat the traitors, what would be left? Still no competition. It's not worth it for our players, and we don't care to bring in new ones. But in our minds (even if it's delusional :p) Smash won, and Smash won well.

Best of luck to you all (besides the traitors :p),
u6s5l./Or-el/Lelouch.

For the record, Smash at it's peak was rank 1, with 3,468,433 points (over double rank 2 and over triple rank 3), held over 16 of the top 20 players and over 30 of the top 40, held rank 1 ODA (over triple, almost quadruple rank 2), ODD, and ODT (over triple rank 2), had around 35 members, and had over 400 villages (again, over double rank 2).

DeletedUser

When an enemy takes us by surprise after weakening us by not participating, and attacks us from within, yeah, we disband :). Especially when you disregard the fact that Matt is no longer able to lead right now due to the RL problems in the mail (such as his girlfriend's dad dying, and having to fly back to Texas to deal with it), and I'm not able to lead due to my own problems which I will not mention...yeah, we disband.

How sad, to think that you think Smash couldn't have taken you in a fair fight, with both leaders able to do their job. And how sad that you still come on here to attempt to ridicule your former tribemates, the ones you betrayed, after stabbing them in the back. I know a few players who aren't ever getting into Smash again :rolleyes:.

DeletedUser

lol, you stil got 30 players pleft I'm alone you know that.

If you got the right plans you are able to kill me in no-time but you got confused because I took noise down this quick but need more confidence, you can do it you need only to find how you have to do it;)

DeletedUser

It would of been fun if you guys had of had a war. It was fun having you around? Does this mean you did win or hypothetically won ;)

DeletedUser

lol, you stil got 30 players pleft I'm alone you know that.

If you got the right plans you are able to kill me in no-time but you got confused because I took noise down this quick but need more confidence, you can do it you need only to find how you have to do it;)

You're hilarious. We don't want to bother, not with our member list and being taken by surprise and not having leaders due to Christii's dad dying and my own problems. You're extremely disgraceful, disregarding all that and then taunting us. Go away, troll.

DeletedUser

With a tribe as dominant as Smash was from start til recently when I was unable to keep leading, we did. Whether anyone wants to accredit that or not, nobody else had a chance if I were able to continue. I am now helping to set up arrangements for the funeral of my girlfriends dead father, someone I was close to.

I apologize that I didn't put tribal wars above this priority.

DeletedUser

It was a surprise. I am also on a side not very sorry. My condolences go out to you. Its a very sad time i hope you and your girlfriend are coping as best as you can.

DeletedUser

OMG...I have no words...what a pathetic LOOSER TRIBE Smash was after all when they finally got 2-3 players who BOTHERED to give them a fight and take a few cities from them.

And they responded by DELETING Smash instead to fight back!!! Puke, puke, puke...LOOSERS!!!!

DeletedUser

I will not bother to do a big message again, because the last one i had with some multi-quotes got deleated immediately.

DeletedUser

OMG...I have no words...what a pathetic LOOSER TRIBE Smash was after all when they finally got 2-3 players who BOTHERED to give them a fight and take a few cities from them.

And they responded by DELETING Smash instead to fight back!!! Puke, puke, puke...LOOSERS!!!!

That's ridiculous. A leader has to organize a funeral for his girlfriend's father, can't even get online because he has to prioritize it, and the other leader has personal problems getting online, and Smash is pathetic? You're amazing. I don't believe I've ever seen someone treat such a serious matter as a death with such disrespect, and in such a childish manner.

I will not bother to do a big message again, because the last one i had with some multi-quotes got deleated immediately.

I don't know why, as I saw no post, but I'm betting you're fishing for an accusation of bias :p.

DeletedUser

That's ridiculous. A leader has to organize a funeral for his girlfriend's father, can't even get online because he has to prioritize it, and the other leader has personal problems getting online, and Smash is pathetic? You're amazing. I don't believe I've ever seen someone treat such a serious matter as a death with such disrespect, and in such a childish manner.

I don't know why, as I saw no post, but I'm betting you're fishing for an accusation of bias :p.

There were a lot of posts of you and matt here, but though i can't find them back and when i clicked on submit post i couldn't post it because the quotes couldn't be found.

DeletedUser

I don't know how that works, but OK...never had that happen to me.

DeletedUser

Is this really how the ultrapros work? You stay in first place for a while, then one tribe attacks you once, and you declare that you've won the world and you weren't ever really that interested in playing anyway. I hope I'm not the only person smart enough to understand how absurd that is.

DeletedUser

Did you even read what happened?

The one tribe that attacked us hit us in the following circumstances:

1) After a lot of our troops were spent taking out turtles in an operation, while they saved their troops and made us lose more by doing so (because they claimed and didn't launch).
2) After a leader became unable to play due to having to organize a funeral for his girlfriend's dad, and after having to fly back to Texas to do so from North Carolina.
3) After the other leader had RL problems of his own (me).
4) After stabbing us in the back, and attacking whilst unawares.

Another disrespectful excuse for a post, claiming that we're absurd when a tribe attacks us?

Try looking at the facts, and noticing that really, no one could beat Smash. The only people who beat Smash were Smash itself. We won the world.

DeletedUser

It's okay to be upset about the fact that you were outsmarted because another tribe saw an opening. I mean, I'd be unhappy about that too. It's certainly not very respectful to immediately pack up your ball and go home as soon as you have one minor setback, though, and it's completely nonsensical to proclaim that you really were the winner all along.

DeletedUser

It's OK to be upset by the fact that you just ignored half my post, you mean :rolleyes:. Regardless, I don't need to explain myself to anyone, least of all to you. You clearly aren't reading what I said, and are being both heartless and ignorant of facts. Did you notice that the "other tribe" were players of Smash who stabbed Smash in the back? That's not seeing an opening, that's betraying your tribe when you know they're weak. Did you notice that the two players from Smash who defected were the top players? Did you notice that they had spies, and that a Nuts player (their leader, in fact) joined them?

I'd be unhappy to be you, considering I'd be proving how little I pay attention if I was.

Stop trolling, and go away.

DeletedUser724

I'm interested to see what happens in world 3 now... should get interesting. Smash clearly had dominance from day one in the world. I think anyone would get bored with that type of lack of competition. I know I would. But now the worlds gonna be VERY interesting. If all of the Smash players quit, there gonna be a rather large amount of barbs. Should be a barb nobler's paradise :D

As for this talk of Smash being pathetic, i dont see where thats coming from. They DOMINATED the world from day 1. They were about 2x the size of the next tribe. That takes some talent.

Now, don't get me wrong, i HATE it when a single tribe dominates a world. Its no fun to play or to follow, but when a tribe does become that dominant, you have to look back at how they got there.

With that said, Smash did NOT win us3. Yes they dominated, but all that doesn't matter if they cant stay together until the very end. The wars are only half (or maybe 3/4 the battle). The other part is staying together. It doesn't matter if you got bored. Stay together until the very end or don't go claiming to have won a world that you could not finish.

DeletedUser

Depends on your definition of "won". My definition is when there's no competition, you've won. Just because competition arises from within, doesn't mean we've lost, just that we won and then gave up.

It's as if an army took over the world, then split up and fought itself. It took over the world, didn't it? There was just no more competition than itself, and that was its downfall. That's how I look at it, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.