sniping

DeletedUser

What is everybody talking about when they say " Snipe a nobletrain?":confused:

DeletedUser

When you see four attacks with nobles, and you put defense in the middle of those attacks, killing the nobles..... :D

DeletedUser

How exactly do you snipe?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sniping can be accomplished in a few different ways:

#1: Village 1 has a train of 4 attacks, all nobles incoming. The player sends their troops out of the village and has them return at a time that has them land in the village after the first attack but before the fourth attack lands.

#2: Village 1 has a train of 4 attacks, all nobles incoming. The player sends troops from a different village to the village being attacked and has the support land in the village after the first attack but before the fourth attack lands.

#3: Village 1 has a train of 4 attacks, all nobles incoming. Another player sending support to land between attacks 1 and 4.

#4: Village 1 has a train of 4 attacks, all nobles incoming. The player nobles their own village down to less than 25. The attacker takes the village and subsequently kills his own troops and nobles, and the player times another noble to land immediately after the 4th noble from the attacker to retake the village.

Way #4 may not be considered a snipe by all, but nonetheless its a very effective way to counteract a noble train.

DeletedUser

Actually #4 is the technical (or original) sniping, whereas the above 3 are splitting a train.

Sniping is when you retake a village very quickly after someone new nobles it, and splitting (what the majority now call sniping), is when you stick support troops or returning troops inbetween nobles.

Also, I can already see people arguing with me over what sniping is and splitting is. Originally players really didn't know how to split trains under a second, or at least not many did back in the day, so it wasn't such a popular strategy, and sniping was considered grabbing a village off of a player just after they nobled it. This could be sniping a village back, or sniping a village you just saw was nobled, etc. Fairly self explanatory. People argue with me constantly about this, just know that I am right. ;) I started playing .net just 2-3 months after it opened, so I would know.

DeletedUser

Thats why I said what I did, people are gonna argue it. But I think the OP was interested in ways to keep his villages. All 4 accomplish that.

DeletedUser

Oh I know Jesse, you are the best. :D Just putting that out there.

If you need a hands on approach just ask around and I'm sure someone could show you a play by play

DeletedUser

no, i get it now. You just send your troops somewhere else about a minute or less before the attack and it is just all about timing the cancel. I got it. =->

DeletedUser

That is one strategy, yes, but it's difficult. Some people can do it expertly, such as myself, but that is through doing it hundreds upon hundreds of times on speed servers

DeletedUser

yeah, it will probrably be awhile before i master it but i will eventually. I am just glad that i know what it is now. :cool:

DeletedUser

Just an FYI, i just sniped a 1 second train on US1, and i am partially impressed that the FAKE shusaku chiba was able to send it

DeletedUser

cool! hey, if you look at my avatar and signature together it is my name!! :eek:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Thats why I said what I did, people are gonna argue it. But I think the OP was interested in ways to keep his villages. All 4 accomplish that.

They do as long as you have more than one village anyway, option four obviously isn't viable if you don't.