Some thoughts after 12 days in US3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

lol i had no idea that Matt had to work with mass recruiters with 5 family tribes over the world to take FUN down :D

DeletedUser

They didn't really do much, but it never hurts to try. :p It didn't take all that much to take FUN down. Most of the players that joined weren't there to stay anyways.

DeletedUser

When I use a definition inappropriately, let me know. I simply countered your belief and you attempt to seek some false "high ground" because you know you're wrong. Nevertheless, I'll leave you to stew in your incorrectness, having successfully proven my point. Does anyone want to offer some real, concrete counters to this thread? If not, then I vote to close it. Not like we don't have another 2 or 3 threads where you can spew your anti-Smash claims without any logic or proof to back them up.

do you realize all you ever do to feel you are ''winning'' per say, is divert to a mind numbing miss belief you can never be wrong..or that no matter what the other guy is incorrect. dees just showed us he knows what he is talking about and because you have no idea where to start interpreting his very logical analysis, you reply with a ''incorrectness -idiom''

one word covers your post, FAIL

i see no point in calling it ''epic'' because no doubt it would be completely misconstrued as something other than the failure it was. all though you failed well, i refuse to use such a word on such a nub. we have given you plenty of proof, your just to ignorant to take it on board.

now,
its becoming very clear that whats good enough for the mods to do around here, is not good enough for the community in general..sooky bum gets his mates to remove my posts all the time,, but that was obvious from day one when i see we cant have an animation avi but they can...just for example

DeletedUser

now,
its becoming very clear that whats good enough for the mods to do around here, is not good enough for the community in general..sooky bum gets his mates to remove my posts all the time,, but that was obvious from day one when i see we cant have an animation avi but they can...just for example

So you are saying that the staff deserve no tiny little perks for giving away their free time to help maintain this forum, in the forum of a tiny animated avatar? That's kind of selfish, no?

Also, has it occurred to you that just maybe, on some level, you could be breaking forum rules to an extent that your posts actually NEED removing?

You're purely an annoying troll, and there is quite a lot of the stuff you've posted that I can understand being removed/edited. Perhaps try sticking closer to the rules, and then you may actually have a reason to complain if you still have posts removed? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Imho these forum rules are utter crap. We all know how moderators clutter together and seeing smah is full of them, those who are flaiming smash are threated as scum and their posts get deleted. The staff in this community don't deserve perks, most I've seen on these forums are kids (or so they act like) and kids should not be left with privileges they can not morally handle.

DeletedUser

The moderators playing this worlds are playing as normal members - none of them have any say in how this world is moderated. Trying to flame them for being normal players in the worlds they don't moderate isn't really fair. Has it never occurred to you that people's posts get removed because of the rule-breaking content within them?

Anyway, I don't believe this should be discussed on the forum, so I would advise you to mail OFLOW with your issues about how US3 is moderated and how "crap" his rules are, if you aren't just trying to flame.

DeletedUser

I may have stopped playing us3 Smash, but still rooting for you guys. Down with the haters!

Although TBH a few of you have ego issues, but that is okay because you have the skills to back it up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Everything that is edited/deleted is all within the rules, and as the below link shows, we do try and deal with everything, but will occasionally miss a few. And that is what the "Report Post" button is for.

Imho these forum rules are utter crap. We all know how moderators clutter together and seeing smah is full of them, those who are flaiming smash are threated as scum and their posts get deleted. The staff in this community don't deserve perks, most I've seen on these forums are kids (or so they act like) and kids should not be left with privileges they can not morally handle.

Now this issue has been raised on more than one occasion by many different members. In no way, shape or form are the members of Smash being looked over for their posts, but if you think that is the case then send a mail OFLOW's way and he will deal with any wrong goings.

If you have an issue with the modding of the W3 forum, that you want to talk with me about, send me a mail "HERE"

DeletedUser

The moderators playing this worlds are playing as normal members - none of them have any say in how this world is moderated. Trying to flame them for being normal players in the worlds they don't moderate isn't really fair. Has it never occurred to you that people's posts get removed because of the rule-breaking content within them?

Absolute bs and if you believe that you are a bigger fool than I thought. You can be sure they have their own forum section and that the moderation of each world and viewpoints on specific posters and their posts are discussed. Anyone who thinks any different is frankly deluded. Having moderated forums on different sites I know how easy it can be to bully and over moderate. These draconian rules are proof of that imo.

DeletedUser

At googly, I am aware world moderators are not allowed to play in the world they moderate - obviously - but that was not the point. But as you said, this is not the thread to go into this.

If by matt you mean smashnasty, well there isn't much to say. Although the diplomacy part was highlighting I have not enough knowledge about the ongoings that I feel the urge to post. However if you insist upon a reply I could add the following to this:

It wasn't hard to assemble a good core of players that would work together, and could dominate on their own just as well, ontop of my lengthy experience at the helm. It is as simple as that. Strong players, strong leadership, legitimate teamwork, and a desire to win is all it took.

"It also took you a non-competent, small, crappy world to get this."

But then the circle is completed and we're back from start.

DeletedUser

Absolute bs and if you believe that you are a bigger fool than I thought. You can be sure they have their own forum section and that the moderation of each world and viewpoints on specific posters and their posts are discussed. Anyone who thinks any different is frankly deluded.

Right, i figured i should let you all know (whether or not you believe me is up to you) No discussion about the posting of members is discussed. Yes, there are cases when some posts need to be reviewed but we dont have a specific area in the forum hidden from regular members to "plan" a way to make your life on the forum hell.

Having moderated forums on different sites I know how easy it can be to bully and over moderate.

Then i will point out that those sites that you modded on were different to this one. Obviously there is no way for me to show you nothing sinister is going on, but i thought it would be best to let you know, so that you can ignore this and continue the path of doing whatever you are doing.

DeletedUser

forum mods can see reports of all forums? is this correct, so for example mat (smashnasty) can see the posts of the us3 forum? and the comments that come with them?

and i dont believe that the mods dont discuss players/posters in your very own skype room?

DeletedUser

forum mods can see reports of all forums? is this correct, so for example mat (smashnasty) can see the posts of the us3 forum? and the comments that come with them?

and i dont believe that the mods dont discuss players/posters in your very own skype room?

They can, I believe. But if the .net moderating rules are anything to go by, moderators aren't allowed to look at the forum reports, on any world(s) that they play.

In some cases, then yes, they most likely do. However, this would presumably be a case by case thing, and it would depend on the severity of the rules broken, and whether one or more of the moderators would involved. It's fairly obvious to imagine that the staff don't have time to discuss every person who breaks the rules each time they do it...

DeletedUser

So you are saying that the staff deserve no tiny little perks for giving away their free time to help maintain this forum, in the forum of a tiny animated avatar? That's kind of selfish, no?

:

they should have to abide by the same rules as everyone else, they get paid in premium points, thats there perks, if they can have animated avs, then so should everyone else,

and btw, chopper plays this world, you dont, so whos the troll?

DeletedUser

they should have to abide by the same rules as everyone else, they get paid in premium points, thats there perks, if they can have animated avs, then so should everyone else,

and btw, chopper plays this world, you dont, so whos the troll?

The .us staff I believe have stated before that they DON'T get premium for being a moderator? Please can a member of staff correct me if this is wrong, but I believe that is something that hasn't happened so far. And I never said they don't have to abide by the rules. They do. If you see one break rules, report the post. It's fairly simple really, even for someone who isn't able to apply logic to an overactive imagination.

Also, why do you assume I don't play this world? If you must know, I do.

And btw, I do research, you dont, so whos the troll? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

which smash account are you sharing with 7 other players? :D

if they dont get paid premium, then thats rubbish, even the uk pays its mods premium lol.

and if its not allowed to have a animated avi, why do the mods have them?

DeletedUser

The .us staff I believe have stated before that they DON'T get premium for being a moderator? Please can a member of staff correct me if this is wrong.

Members of staff do get paid in premium points. It was before this server had a new CM that no payment was given.

As for member(s) that are moaning about missing out on stuff, post HERE what you would like to see it's why it is there, and the addition will be considered.

DeletedUser

Ta for clearing that up Ben :)

which smash account are you sharing with 7 other players? :D

I'm not in Smash. If I was, I would be a really bad tribe member for constantly insulting them :p

And I'm on an account with one other person.

Status
Not open for further replies.