Some thoughts after 12 days in US3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The main point is under the spoiler, but you can read the spoiler as well if you like.

hes on an account with nauz dees..his ego and arrogance is rubbing off by the looks pfwahaha..
I had that before I ever met Nauz...

first of all no one puts a gun to their heads and makes them do it.
secondly, the free pp would be why they do it in the first place..
You will find that they weren't given any premium when they were moderators until after Gordon (OFLOW) became CM. So they were basically staff with no pay until this point.

It is sad that you show no respect for them trying to help the community. If someone puts in work to help other people, they deserve small tokens of gratification. I used to do volunteer work in a charity shop, and every so often they gave me the odd DVD as a token of thanks. It's something that nice people do for their staff - show their thanks.

if i broke the rules then why no infraction for it smart alec?? simple reason..little sook had his mates pull the post because i made him skip with my reply and he looked like a complete fool.
So you are saying you know what the moderators do and why, according to this post. I'm *pretty sure* you don't have any authority to say what the reasons for what moderators do and/or don't do are. If you got out of getting infractions for breaking rules, then perhaps it is because the staff are leniant towards you? I wouldn't expect them to be nice to you if you continue to mod bash.

just like the post you made where you thought the tribe SCUM who had stuff about child molestation on its profile was in your words ''funny'' you have serious issues dude.
The tribe's profile was written with a sense of humor. Saying I have issues is incorrect. Saying you have issues for not being able to accept that different people have different humor appeals, is more accurate ;)

i dont see why we should have to post a request about a forum perk thats obviously there to be used already..and tbh, i dont care about it..i simply pointed out the little buddy system thats obviously going on around here and used that as an example

You didn't post a request. You moaned. There is a big difference.

There have been threads discussing this before. The moderating team were given this privilege as a perk of the job. This is something that doesn't affect any of the members of the forum, and is basically doing the same thing as the color of the moderators usernames. Showing that they are forum/ingame staff.

Do you expect 20% off every time you shop in a store? No. Do you get that as a perk if you work in said store? Sometimes, yes. There are perks to the job. Deal with it, and grow up.

DeletedUser

no googly, moaning is what you do around here, day in and day out..ye old king of the trolls..get off your high horse....i used it as an example, as i have stated repeatedly, obviously you FAILED yet again to read properly..nothing unusual though from you on an everyday basis around here.

kiss kiss.

DeletedUser

Chopper, I'll leave you with one last comment.

Using an example when trying to slag the moderators off, about something you don't have and are clearly sore about judging from the fact that you bother to use it as an example in the first place, is seen as moaning. I'm sure I am not the only one who is seeing you as a lonely little boy who's upset that someone has a "cooler" toy than him.

Apologies if me "failing to read" what you say comes across after I spend 10 minutes writing something after carefully reading your post through and through. Not entirely sure how you come to that conclusion. The fact that you just state that, without backing it up in any logical way (your one point is kinda null, as explained above), tells me you have run out of any meaningful comments, and that you are just going to continue posting for argument's sake now. As such, there is nothing more I need to say to you as you will just try to turn an argument in to a never-ending circle, which I am not interested in being a part of. So, you have made it to my ignore list for that reason.

DeletedUser

Lmao you obviously failed at reading Googly cause you absolutely missed the point that chopper is not fancy this so-called toy .. it was a mere example of how the mods are overly biased on this community .. Get it? An example! pheww .. I see they deleted another post once again. I admit chopper has a lose tongue but so far he has not been obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Oh wait, can we first all agree those are very clear rules? Uhu .. well I can't .. take an example of uk's or .net's will ya, cause right now your rules are so lose you just bend them in your own benefit .. no doubt that he whom reported that post is just a mod buttkisser.

DeletedUser

no doubt that he whom reported that post is just a mod buttkisser.

buttkiss.gif

DeletedUser

Lmao you obviously failed at reading Googly cause you absolutely missed the point that chopper is not fancy this so-called toy .. it was a mere example of how the mods are overly biased on this community .. Get it? An example!
Whether it is an example or not, it is still proving that he is sour about not having that, or else he wouldn't have been bothered by it in the slightest, in which case it wouldn't have registered as something that is an issue. If it is an issue for him, then it's a valid example, but proves my point. If it isn't an issue for him, then it is an invalid point. Either way. IT. DOESN'T. WORK.

There is no evidence that any of you have given for them being biased beyond refusing to accept that maybe you are the ones in the wrong. There are rules against mod-bashing, which is what you are doing here. Ever wondered if that could be a cause of you having your posts removed? Thought not.

As to the remainder of your comment, I will suggest you take it to mail with OFLOW. Your comments are effectively mod-bashing, and so you are yourself breaking rules.

DeletedUser

Mod bashing is not mentioned in the rules. At least not directly which is my whole point. Messages get deleted without any back-up other than 'it breaks the rules'. But since these last are in no way specified it is not a sufficient reason for me to delete posts. I'm talking about chopper's post which is still in your spoiler under the form of a quote. Hence why I directed to the forum rules of other communities .. The rules might aswell say 'do nothing that we don't like'. Cruel way of putting it but in essence that's what it comes down to.

DeletedUser

apparently im a name caller..tisk tisk..and here i was thinking troll and nub were names also.. ohhhhhh, i see,,, socially acceptable name calling differs from unsocially acceptable name calling..i guess i should be more sociable with the social club members! then it will be ok...roflmao.. i shall become pompous and remedy that shall i everyone?? ohh deary me, it appears i am in a bind, what ever shall i do??? (all said in that annoying British accent)

DeletedUser

Mod bashing is not mentioned in the rules. At least not directly which is my whole point. Messages get deleted without any back-up other than 'it breaks the rules'. But since these last are in no way specified it is not a sufficient reason for me to delete posts. I'm talking about chopper's post which is still in your spoiler under the form of a quote. Hence why I directed to the forum rules of other communities .. The rules might aswell say 'do nothing that we don't like'. Cruel way of putting it but in essence that's what it comes down to.

I'm no moderator, but I can read the rules as well as any other person. I will quote 3 parts out of the forum rules thread for you, that clearly show that provoking moderators in a non-ingame related way, is breaking rules.

"Players are also forbidden to provoke the moderators. Posts made for the purpose of creating a personal conflict between users and staff will be deleted and their author will be punished severely."

That should be fairly clear. More can be found in the spoiler below, but that highlights the point. You say the rules are thin, and yet if you don't read them carefully enough to notice a rule even exists, then you have no right to comment on the rules themselves as you clearly didn't bother reading them properly in the first place.

"If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic or post in public about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics and posting about it only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems."

"The mods have a very tough job: it can be hard to keep the balance between a clean forum and a fun forum on a daily basis, and they also receive a lot of negative comments and abuse regularly. We would ask that you remain patient with all moderators and that you would be helpful and polite when talking to them; this will make their job that much easier, and in turn make the forum a more pleasant place.

Please note that most moderators still play TW! They have as much a right to post in the capacity of a player as any other user on the forums: No mod will ever mod the worlds that they play, and thus there is no element of Bias involved. Remember that they are volunteers, and are players just like you. This means that outside their realm as a moderator, they are to be treated as you would treat any other player (see Manners section at the top). This is not an excuse to give out about a mod"

DeletedUser

And now we will all get back on topic wont we?

If you have a problem, mail myself or OFLOW.

Back on topic in 3...2..1...GO!

DeletedUser

Googly, scroll to the whole bottom of the page, click on forum rules and see what you get ;)

I also disagree with the thread-opener concerning his opinion.

DeletedUser

I don't disagree with him, but I think this is the first tribe he ever witnessed :D

DeletedUser

At googly, I am aware world moderators are not allowed to play in the world they moderate - obviously - but that was not the point. But as you said, this is not the thread to go into this.

If by matt you mean smashnasty, well there isn't much to say. Although the diplomacy part was highlighting I have not enough knowledge about the ongoings that I feel the urge to post. However if you insist upon a reply I could add the following to this:

"It also took you a non-competent, small, crappy world to get this."

But then the circle is completed and we're back from start.

Ask googly how my other premade was. World 44 was full of some of the best players to touch tribal wars, and my other premade was less skilled than this one.

MrDees.. don't you play this world?. Edited

EDIT: At first we were not paid, over the last few months we have been paid premium regularly though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Rules said:
Please note that starring out characters like "F*ck" does not make it any less a swear word. It is still perfectly understandable and still intentionally offensive, and thus is forbidden in all forms. This is Similarly the case for Acronyms such as GTFO or STFU. The meanings are known, and they are warnable or infractable offences.

He's used quite a bit of profanity. The rules are clear, and he has probably seen the whole "No profanity" comment in the infractions he receives when his posts are removed (or at least, I assume he gets those infractions). Nonetheless, his profanity doesn't make the moderators "biased". If you have any concerns, take it up with the CM, OFLOW. I'm sure he'd be glad to hear your complaints.

Moving on, what exactly do you disagree with that you can have some proof for?

Status
Not open for further replies.