SPERG: Fail Tribe, in a FAIL world :(

DeletedUser

Personally, I don't think we qualify for cheaper nobles.

Regardless if we have 500 players left.

Why?

Because this world is so small. We can't compare this world to a .net world.
The biggest player here is Sara with what, 4.2 mio points? No offence Sara, but that's nothing.

When a .net server gets cheaper nobles they have top players with eh, atleast 10-20 mio points.

So I don't think we should get cheaper nobles, like ever. But that's just me.

The criteria for .net worlds isn't based on the size of the top player. The criteria for .net worlds is based on the number of players. If a .net world had under 1000 players with the top player at 1 million points, it would get cheap nobles.

It's not our fault that the world was smaller to start with, and our domination has forced the number of players down more rapidly than other servers (both US servers and net servers).

So you think that the server should never enter the endgame? Interesting. Why do you think that the server should never be possible to win?

DeletedUser

First off destroyman, ODA can be fairly.. deceiving. If you fight against any decent defender, your ODA shouldn't raise much, since they'll just dodge your nukes and split your nobles, resulting in your ODA barely rising if rising at all. Anyone can nuke down an inactive or experience player. That is simply point and click and is why I never even consider looking at ODA or ODD when scouting any player. A high ODD either means the attacker was careless, hitting constant stacks, you got lazy and instead of spending a few troops to split, you just stacked, wasting troops you may need to support or to stack against timed nobles, etc, etc, etc. Also, it doesnt take much if youre a frontline war account, and have a tribe stack you heavily, and to sit and take nuke hits for a few days.

If you want to make any point, show conquers. Generally (not always), if a player conquers from a varied amount of different players, in bursts, they are an effective offensive player. If they noble 10+ villages at a time from a single player (obviously depends on how far into the world you are for # of villages, just threw a decent number out there), then they are doing it right. If they noble 2-3 villages a day from various players, then they are easy grabs, since no decent defender would allow you to take a couple of villages at a time, unless of course they are getting massively attacked.

ODA in relation to growth (in a time period), can be an effective stat. If the player nobles lets say 20 villages from players X and Y, while having their ODA raised significantly, then they had to put in work for those conquers (unless of course, these are players in their own tribes, or inactives, both of which can be confirmed fairly easily).

Blah blah blah, I could go on, either way, I would suggest not using ODA to argue that someone isn't a hugger. Throwing nukes around carelessly doesn't help much. If anything, when you attack you should do so to get the least amount of ODA. Less Oda = less troops lost = more efficient. Strategic attacks, proper timing, etc, will allow you to take more villages with less troops lost, and less troops needing to be killed. It is just a stat which people use to boost their e-confidence, doesn't do much for you overall.

Now as for the world ending, generally since .us is a new server, we wouldn't want to end a world quicker than usual, unless the majority of the players are in large favor for it. If the majority is still having fun, no point in ending the world too quickly. Also as stated, since .us2 started with lower numbers of players than a regular .net world, there will have to be much less than the normal end game starting number to get the same effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First off destroyman, ODA can be fairly.. deceiving. If you fight against any decent defender, your ODA shouldn't raise much, since they'll just dodge your nukes and split your nobles, resulting in your ODA barely rising if rising at all. Anyone can nuke down an inactive or experience player. That is simply point and click and is why I never even consider looking at ODA or ODD when scouting any player. A high ODD either means the attacker was careless, hitting constant stacks, you got lazy and instead of spending a few troops to split, you just stacked, wasting troops you may need to support or to stack against timed nobles, etc, etc, etc. Also, it doesnt take much if youre a frontline war account, and have a tribe stack you heavily, and to sit and take nuke hits for a few days.

If you want to make any point, show conquers. Generally (not always), if a player conquers from a varied amount of different players, in bursts, they are an effective offensive player. If they noble 10+ villages at a time from a single player (obviously depends on how far into the world you are for # of villages, just threw a decent number out there), then they are doing it right. If they noble 2-3 villages a day from various players, then they are easy grabs, since no decent defender would allow you to take a couple of villages at a time, unless of course they are getting massively attacked.

ODA in relation to growth (in a time period), can be an effective stat. If the player nobles lets say 20 villages from players X and Y, while having their ODA raised significantly, then they had to put in work for those conquers (unless of course, these are players in their own tribes, or inactives, both of which can be confirmed fairly easily).

Blah blah blah, I could go on, either way, I would suggest not using ODA to argue that someone isn't a hugger. Throwing nukes around carelessly doesn't help much. If anything, when you attack you should do so to get the least amount of ODA. Less Oda = less troops lost = more efficient. Strategic attacks, proper timing, etc, will allow you to take more villages with less troops lost, and less troops needing to be killed. It is just a stat which people use to boost their e-confidence, doesn't do much for you overall.

Now as for the world ending, generally since .us is a new server, we wouldn't want to end a world quicker than usual, unless the majority of the players are in large favor for it. If the majority is still having fun, no point in ending the world too quickly. Also as stated, since .us2 started with lower numbers of players than a regular .net world, there will have to be much less than the normal end game starting number to get the same effect.
I'll respond to your general discussion of ODA later. I have a few questions for you, though:
1) Do you consider yourself a hugger?
2) What do you believe would demonstrate whether or not someone (or a tribe?) is(/are) a hugger(s)?
3) Do you consider yourself a good player?

Now, let's talk about the endgame bit for a moment.
1) The guidelines from .net have nothing to do with the starting number of players. They are only about the number of players that exist in the game. According to those guidelines, we are under 1,000 players, which is the starting point for cheap nobles.
2) What is the "effect desired" from cheap nobles?
3) How does the starting size of the world influence the effect of cheap nobles?
4) The number of folks starting (and the rate of player decay, if you will) varies substantially on .net worlds. What world do you consider an appropriate baseline? For example, w46 started in January of 2010, while 53 started in November. Yet they have almost identical populations (and 53 is in fact slightly smaller).
5) Based on this baseline world, compared to us2, at what player level do you believe we should receive cheaper nobles?

DeletedUser

Here's my question: If we are being told not to compare to the .net world then why have we been told the whole time to compare to the .net's? Weird. I don't think there are any guidelines in place and they are being made up as they go along. Let's get something set in stone.

DeletedUser

@ Smash: i totally agree...od doesn't show anything without the context.

I am an perfect example of it...I am now #1 in od and odd in w2, but i wasn't here for like the past month and most of my odd gains are from tribe stacks. odd doesn't show you can defend. it just shows a tribe can stack you.