Start Up Guide by Purple Predator

DeletedUser

Author: Purple Predator

Lightning Start Up
(Proven Top 20)

This guide will start off with the classic world build as that is my preferred world to play. Afterwards, I will show the altered build for new unit worlds such as this world.

(Remember, the best players adapt to their environment but this build will get you where you need to be)

Here is my classic build order. It is an early LC strat and has been thoroughly tested to consistently put players in the top 20 before nobles. First test world was w26 where I taught my students to follow it. We are now the current rank 1 by a mile. For the second test, I played on the dutch server 10 with a few dutch friends and following my classic guide, we had 18 players in the tribe and had rank 1-12 on the rankings.

(The early part of this is mathematically created for most situations you will find at the start up. The key to this game is adapting to your environment so if you have many barbarian villages in your immediate area you might want to build 5 wood, 3 clay, 1 iron. If you have nothing anywhere near you to farm you might be inclined to build higher pits)

Build Clay 1
Build Wood 1
Build Iron 1
Build Clay 2
Build Wood 2
Build Clay 3
Build Wood 3
Build Iron 2
Build Clay 4
Build Clay 5
Build Wood 4
Build Wood 5
Build Wood 6
Build Wood 7
Build HQ 2
Build HQ 3
Build Barracks 1
Maintain 15 spears
Farming Time
Maintain 35 Spears
Build Wood 8
Build Warehouse 2
Build market 1 - store 1k iron once you have 1200 by setting up a high ratio trade
Build Wood 9
Build Warehouse 3
Build Wood 10
Build Clay 6
Build market 2 - keep on the look out for lopsided trades
Build Clay 7
Build Iron 3
Build HQ 4
Build HQ 5
Build Smithy 1
Build Smithy 2
Research Axe
Maintain 45 spears, 9 axe - send them out in groups of 15 sp and 3 axe
Build Iron 4
Build Iron 5
Build Market 3 - make sure you are still searching for beneficial trades.
Build Iron 6
Build Iron 7
Build Farm 2
Build Farm 3
Build Warehouse 3
Build Farm 4
Build Warehouse 4
Build Barracks 2
Build Barracks 3
Build Barracks 4
Build Barracks 5
Build HQ 6
Build HQ 7
Build Farm 5
Build Warehouse 5
Build Smithy 3
Build HQ 8
Build HQ 9
Build HQ 10
Build Smithy 4
Build Farm 6
Build Warehouse 6
Build Smithy 5
Build Stable 1
Recruit 5 scouts
Build Stable 2
Build Stable 3
Research LC
Build Wall 1
Start to Build LC
Farm Like Crazy (Get to about 50 LC before continuing on buildings)

After getting LC, you want to focus on building up your LC count and then getting your Resource Pits to about 17-19 or so. Then you usually will want to get your HQ to 20 because all of your farming resources will require you to build faster so you can spend it all while still keeping your troops producing nonstop or as close to that as you can get with activity level.

After upgrading your HQ(on growing barb worlds a level 22-25 HQ seems to make sense depending on your level of farming), you would normally want to get to level 10 smithy so you can build your workshop and begin producing siege.

After acquiring siege, back to resource production to low 20's followed by upgrading your barracks and stable to 15-21 for barracks depending on activity and between 10-16 for stable.

Once you have your troops producing at a high level, you then have the option of either pushing for a little higher resources or going immediately for upgrading your smithy to 20 and getting your academy.

Once you have academy, it is highly recommended that you wait until you have 3 nobles before nobling so you can noble several villages in a row. It also has the benefit of giving you more time to build up your troop levels so that when you do noble, your losses will be minimized and thus being more efficient and ready to take several more villages without waiting to replenish your troops.

When it comes time to noble, a good goal is to have between a 27-29 farm full of troops.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now moving on to the new unit worlds.

There are quite a few differences for this type of world. A major one being that it is recommended to get a noble train before nobling your first village since you are able to easily do it with these easy settings. Another big change is that it could be a good idea to research Mounted Archers early on and build them in tandem with your LC for increased farming capacity and the ability to clear smallish inactive players(spears) while still having the speed advantage. This piece of advice is most definitely not agreed upon for the mainstream of the self-proclaimed good players but then again most of them do not do the math behind the game and rarely are consistently top players.

For new unit worlds, the paladin makes the start up much easier.

Here is the build order for most scenarios at start up (again, with no barbs anywhere nearby, higher pits are recommended)

Iron 1
Clay 1
Timb 1
Statue (build the palidan and farm immediately upon completion)
Clay 2
Timber 2
Iron 2
Clay 3
Clay 4
Timber 3
Timber 4
Timber 5
Timber 6
HQ 2
HQ 3
Barracks 1
7 spears (start farming with spears and pali together as it is now profitable)
Build to about 20-40 spears while continuously farming. (Do not split up your spears from your pali until you have at least 35 spears)
Warehouse 2
HQ 4
HQ 5
Warehouse 3
Smithy 1
Smithy 2
Research Axes
Build about 15-45 axes and start splitting up your farming parties with axes included to reduce losses.
Farm 2
Market 1 (If you have excess iron, store it in a high ratio trade for later)
Barracks 2
Barracks 3
Smithy 3
HQ 6
Barracks 4
Warehouse 4
HQ 7
HQ 8
Smithy 4
Smithy 5
Barracks 5
Warehouse 5
Warehouse 6
Market 2
Market 3
HQ 9
HQ 10
Stable 1 (Option to research scouts and build 5 but can be skipped for later)
Stable 2
Stable 3
Research LC
Wall 1
Build LC
Farm Like Crazy (Build up to at least 50 before moving on)

Remember to trade away your wood and clay for iron on the market. The market is one of the most overlooked buildings

From this point on, follow the Classic guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This my friend, is an awesome guide ;)

I followed this one time way back when I was a total noob, and it helped me learn quite a bit about the game.

Also another thing, for top 20 results before nobles, you must be active as piss in most cases and must be farming like a mad man :p

DeletedUser

OR

You need a co-player to help you.

Overall, this is a very good Guide for the New Players.

DeletedUser

I can't remember the last time I this :D

but thanks for remind...

DeletedUser

This guide is out of Date. 20-40 spears is a Joke anyway

Nauzhror

Reaction score
This guide is out of Date. 20-40 spears is a Joke anyway

Eh, not really, it suggests 45, not 20-40, but even then, it really is enough to do decently well before reaching lc. Guide was never intended to make the player rank 1, but to help them get a decent start.

DeletedUser

Eh, not really, it suggests 45, not 20-40, but even then, it really is enough to do decently well before reaching lc. Guide was never intended to make the player rank 1, but to help them get a decent start.
Really?

Purple Predator said:
rank 1-12 on the rankings.

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

This guide was mostly written for noobs who didn't have an understanding of the game, basically for them to build stuff while they were learning.

DeletedUser

This guide was mostly written for noobs who didn't have an understanding of the game, basically for them to build stuff while they were learning.

Agreed.

The one thing i do love about his guide is The Maths behind it.
the suggested troop count is still a Joke though ^^

Nauzhror

Reaction score

That was on a Dutch world. Just because they were rank 1-12 there using it doesn't mean that was ever the intention. Unlike you I was in the tribe where the guide was written and know very well exactly what its purpose was.

DeletedUser329

Yes noobs like Nauz :rolleyes:

Many noobs started out with this 'guide' and became good players , I think the ones who went on to do well were those who learned how to adapt to their surroundings.

<3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Does it mean, you have got 50 spears or 35 spears after the production?

It's another word for sustain, he means build 15 and build a further 20 to make a total of 35 spearman before continuing.

DeletedUser

Its just keeping production of spears and farming with them until you have resources to put into buildings.

DeletedUser

You can also use swords instead of axes. They can be more effective for early farming if you use them properly. Cheaper to get too.

DeletedUser

Yep. Use swords until you have axes. It can be beneficial to skip axes until after LC, depending on your area.

Just remember that although this guide is good, you have to adapt it to your area and the settings of a world.

DeletedUser

This is a good guide for worlds on a speed higher than 1. All players that roll on worlds with speed 1, should consider not to build their resources to levels 6-4-2, because this won't help much.

And wtf?
Barracks 2
Barracks 3
Smithy 3
HQ 6
Barracks 4
Warehouse 4
HQ 7
HQ 8
Smithy 4
Smithy 5
Barracks 5
Warehouse 5
Warehouse 6
Market 2
Market 3
HQ 9
HQ 10
=> This is totally pointless. Everyone knows that you need to build your HQ to level 10 first, then baracks to level 5, and finally smithy to level 5.

Nevertheless, this is a quite good guide, but it's main goal is to help beginners to have a firm village before going towards light cavalry. This is not a guide that will give anyone a top 20 rank.