Start Up Guide by Purple Predator

DeletedUser

Take a random start on a world, don't use a guide.

Use your instincts, it works out better than you might think

DeletedUser329

Take a random start on a world, don't use a guide.

Use your instincts, it works out better than you might think

Many a person rimmed thought the same. A guide is a good starting point, common sense does prevail though .

and glad you changed your mixed capital text , your post are much more user friendly now.

DeletedUser

Many a person rimmed thought the same. A guide is a good starting point, common sense does prevail though.

I just like to mix it up a little, and it usually works.

and glad you changed your mixed capital text , your post are much more user friendly now.

You might have missed a siggy message, but i hurt my shift pressing finger :(

It might get better soon though :D

DeletedUser

For me, I would never use a guide, nothing beats being taught the game 1 to 1 by an experienced player. However, if you are unable to have this opportunity, a guide is a great template. I would never recommend following a guide "to the t", but its a good basis to go from. As INK says, your instincts should always prevail, rightly or wrongly, ask for help and just trial and improve.

As for the typing, I am so glad you changed it, defiantly for the better. As for your finger, I will track you down and remove it if needs be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[th]For me, I would never use a guide, nothing beats being taught the game 1 to 1 by an experienced player. However, if you are unable to have this opportunity, a guide is a great template. I would never recommend following a guide "to the t", but its a good basis to go from. As INK says, your instincts should always prevail, rightly or wrongly, ask for help and just trial and improve.[/th]

YAY, you backed me up (party)

[th]As for the typing, I am so glad you changed it, defiantly for the better. As for your finger, I will track you down and remove it if needs be.[/th]

Don't be mean, i at least left a follower to carry on my legacy :D

DeletedUser

I would say build 100 spears before LC and after that, axes, axes, axes. Keep making more farms. Farm in your 20x20, then you'll get LC rapidly, and then you can go rush your HQ. Then, get your village up-to-level while constantly building axes, LC, and rams (250-300). Then you can get nobling: with a noble train.

DeletedUser48

pp was good , he was one of the best teachers , again not a good middle or late game player like all the pervis pack

DeletedUser

One of best start-up guides there. :) PP really helped newbie players.
But like he said, the point is to adapt to your surroundings.

DeletedUser

I've used this guide before, worked well. I wasn't in the Top 20 but I didn't do terrible either.

DeletedUser

Personally, I have little respect for him, given that his .net career ended with being caught cheating.
His guide is good for beginners, but there are much better start-up guides I have come across in the past couple of years.

I agree. I thought he was a really good player until i found out he was cheating and even then he got beat by someone that was legit. So most of the respect I had for him went out the window.

DeletedUser

Personally, I have little respect for him, given that his .net career ended with being caught cheating.
His guide is good for beginners, but there are much better start-up guides I have come across in the past couple of years.

:| Don't make up things. You don't know the full story behind it, he wasn't cheating, he was testing. He is a perfectly fine player, don't make things up, and lay off.

The one time I'm acting serious. :\