Start Up Guide by Purple Predator

DeletedUser1093

lol, you definitely can plunder market offers.

Can somebody who knows what they are talking about back me up here...

DeletedUser

If an offer is on the market, and hasn't been accepted yet, then the resources are stored in the market, as opposed to the warehouse. This, unlike the hiding place, doesn't protect the resources, and so it still will be plundered if you get attacked.

DeletedUser1093

Thanks Googly, thought I had lost my mind for a moment there.

DeletedUser

Feel free to take the piss on other threads, but on the odd occasion where I post something vaguely helpful to people, that in itself isn't helpful :p

im glad we're on the same page :)

DeletedUser

The beginning depends on your spawn. The most barbarians you have at proximity, lower the mines should be.

DeletedUser

Nice

This was a nice guide, but it was mostly review. But good for beginners.

DeletedUser931

Not really. Better for people who just can't be bothered learning the game.. noobs. A real beginner shouldn't be following any kind of step by step guide. They should be learning the whys and then creating their own start ups.

DeletedUser2749

This is a noob start guide ;)

Becouse you get to slow to the LC, wich are the most importent in a start. Don't ever upgrade your resources in start, they really su*k.

If you want a nice guide, PM me @ World 5. Name there: Namikaze

DeletedUser

This guide was written before the changed ingame tutorials (I believe 2 completely different versions have been put in place since this guide was written). At it's time, it was a good enough guide for the topic at hand, for new players or ones insecure about start-up. I don't think any guide with step-by-step methods is of any real value though, as they all require a complete specific circumstance.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Becouse you get to slow to the LC, wich are the most importent in a start. Don't ever upgrade your resources in start, they really su*k.

Do yourself a favor and learn to play.

Leaving mines at 1/1/1 is simply put, stupid.

Not only does 3/1/1 actually enable you to begin farming earlier than 1/1/1 does, but having higher mines enables you to be more consistent. A start with very low mines can potentially grow quickly, but if you get spiked and lose all your troops it takes much longer to rebuild if you had low mines whereas if you had slightly higher mines then you can more easily bounce back. The goal should be to do well on every world regardless of any obstacles you are forced to tackle, not simply to do well on the worlds you get lucky and flop terribly on the worlds that you meet any form of adversity, as such what might hypothetically be the quickest way to start is almost never the best way to start.

ge doesn't count, damn fool
:D

Do I count? Because I can guarantee you 100% that market offers are farmable.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1180

With the quest system on the new worlds something has changed: more players are actively farming. Because of this more players are actively trying to farm others to get the resources to outgrow their neighbors. As a result of this before beginners protection is over hiding place needs to be in place and a start of the wall en high enough farm to use the militia effectively.
Its a good guide but as said: adapt to the circumstances.

DeletedUser2749

1/1/1 is the nicest way of playing, getting all the resources with your LC and Axes. I know how to play, just challenge me 1v1 and you know it :)
I'm high ranked in the Dutch servers, Dutch servers are more skilled then the US servers.

After getting Academy, you'll upgrade mines. Before the Academy, you don't need it!
Only now, at the attack stop in the hollidays, it's nice to have high mines, becouse my farming stands still and my start is slowed down.

Greetings,
Marijn
And a Merry Christmas!

Nauzhror

Reaction score
1/1/1 is the nicest way of playing, getting all the resources with your LC and Axes. I know how to play, just challenge me 1v1 and you know it :)
I'm high ranked in the Dutch servers, Dutch servers are more skilled then the US servers.

Bzzzt. Try again.

1/1/1 is not the best way to play. You appear to be good enough to realize farming is more important than mines, but not good enough to realize that a combination of the two is better than relying on either one, and trust me, I'm not someone you want to challenge 1v1, you wouldn't appreciate the spanking you'd receive ingame, or the mocking you'd get on the forums afterwards.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2749

title

Bzzzt. Try again.

1/1/1 is not the best way to play. You appear to be good enough to realize farming is more important than mines, but not good enough to realize that a combination of the two is better than relying on either one, and trust me, I'm not someone you want to challenge 1v1, you wouldn't appreciate the spanking you'd receive ingame, or the mocking you'd get on the forums afterwards.

Mwah, It takes hours before a wood-clay-iron pit gets the costs of the upgrade back.. I don't use the rescources on buildings like rescourses, but on barracks or stable, to maximise my farmtroops :)
I admit, maybe in the start and after the academy, you should upgrade mines, but not between :p

and 1v1, I like to do it one time, no matter if I lose ;P

DeletedUser

Erm, I generally get mines to, at a minimum, 12 wood, 10 clay, 15 iron, before academy. Depending on my area, situation, days ahead of my area, etc, I'll make them higher. I've hit 25 iron before academy at one point.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Erm, I generally get mines to, at a minimum, 12 wood, 10 clay, 15 iron, before academy. Depending on my area, situation, days ahead of my area, etc, I'll make them higher. I've hit 25 iron before academy at one point.

I'd say I usually wind up with about 10 wood, 7 clay, 15ish iron when I build academy, but same basic overall gist as your stated levels.

DeletedUser

Yep.. always up to the situation, the players comfort, and what is practical... but I agree with Nauz that leaving them at 1, 1, 1, is not beneficial to your overall progress. Upping mines to balance resources is pretty crucial overall, you cannot rely on market offers.

DeletedUser

I'd say I usually wind up with about 10 wood, 7 clay, 15ish iron when I build academy, but same basic overall gist as your stated levels.

Personally I always go slightly higher (about 14 wood, 12 clay, 19-20 iron) - but that's generally because even when the account has coplayers, there is always a few hours offline time and it's easier to just not use sitters and offline dodge for those few hours. So the extra resources early on is beneficial. Probably don't farm as efficiently as I should either :eek: