Suggestion for US Gameplay: Offer PP-less Worlds

MNWT

Reaction score
TL;DR: Create PP-less worlds so that everyone starts on a level playing field and the people who rise to the top do so through skill and activity, not through purchasing their advantage.

Full Post:

I'm not sure where exactly to put this, but I'd like to make a suggestion to improve gameplay on the US servers. The worlds seem to be getting smaller and smaller as people don't go on from world to world, and I don't know if that's a larger trend or specific to poor experiences they've had here. I've been playing this game for over 10 years; started on .net and played under a couple different names there, and have spent the last couple years on the US servers. The biggest single drawback to the current game (in my opinion) is the great disparity created between the major PP spenders and the non-spenders. I understand the imposition limiting this might put Inno in, as I'm certain that's a monumental revenue generator for them. But I'd like to have Inno try worlds without PP and see if that improves the gameplay at all, and which would make the gameplay akin to how it used to be when I first started and when a game advantage was earned and not purchased.

Specifically, I'd like to see occasional worlds set up that do not have the ability to use PP for either buying resources or completing buildings, and when I refer to "PP-less worlds," I am referring only to their use in this regard. (Using PP for Premium Account, Account Manager and Loot Assistant I think is fine). Even if the PP-less world is every 4th world or so, just having the option to play a world where skill and activity are what differentiates players, and not how much money they've spent to achieve an advantage, I think would be sufficient. In having PP-less worlds, the game will play like I remember it in the very early days (my first two worlds were W4.net and W8.net) where there was no artificial advantage based on a person's willingness to spend. On those worlds, the best players were the most active and had the requisite skill and longevity to last through worlds that played for years. I think worlds like this would improve the gameplay on those worlds, as it creates an equal footing for everyone to start from and lets only those who deserve to rise to the top actually rise to the top. Whether this would bring more players into worlds is unknown, but I think it would improve the quality of play for those who are here.

To compensate for loss of revenue, I would offer perhaps that Premium Account prices could be raised and Inno not award PP to the world winners and for achievements and such on these worlds. I'd be willing to spend more on a Premium Account if it meant there'd be no PP spending on resources and buildings. Let the occasional PP-less worlds be for folks who love playing the game as it used to be, and not this present iteration where the dominant players in every world are those who purchased their dominance.

Thanks for the consideration.

Deleted User - 419875

Thank you for your time, We will talk to the powers that be at HQ and see if we can attempt something similar to what you are requesting. I know the UK server has classic worlds and they are similar to PP less worlds.

DeletedUser707

Kawoni is like Michael Scott from the office, shes got to check in with Corporate haha.

But I don't see it happening. PP worlds are the new thing. I do however suggest (directed at Kawoni) that you guys get ride of some of these perks you can buy at start up. Example: the noble package. You shouldn't be able to buy that till at least 5-10 villages. I bought it on W35 before I even had an acad. I rushed warehouse to level 30. After that I went from 3300 points with level 30 warehouse to 10,000 points and 6 villages in 24 hours. Blowgunner is doing the same thing on W36. This features shouldn't be allowed during start up. Causes such a big gap between players before nobles even come out.

But getting ride of pp features all together will never happen. Inno makes to much money off them. .net use to do every other or every 3 worlds but they don't even do that anymore. Pretty much only worlds there that are no pp worlds are limited or no haul worlds.

MNWT

Reaction score
Yeah, I pretty much view it as solely a revenue-based decision. From a business perspective, I can't blame them for maximizing revenue. From a TW purist perspective, it ruins the game. I don't think putting up an extra server adds too much incremental cost to running the game so I don't see a good reason not to try it and see if it doesn't increase engagement and/or satisfaction with the game. And I would be willing to pay more for premium account to play these servers knowing that it's not automatically going to be a waste because someone has the ability to purchase his way to double my size without putting in any real game effort. I'm just never going to have the desire to try to compete with those guys, so on most of these worlds I never even bother upgrading to a premium account.

Ultimately, I might have to switch over to the UK server if that's the only place that has Classic/PP-less worlds anymore. Would be a bummer to leave behind all my flags though. I've been farming those for a long time...

DeletedUser8082

I agree, the buffs you buy at the beginning of the world are RIDICULOUS. I have never bought one and will never buy one. And I assume most players feel the same.

Also, the event refills are insane too. A few vills at full warehouse and you could literally buy indefinitely, converting warehouse packages to PP and going again.

I’d definitely be delighted to have a non PP world, I would also be very happy have a tribe locked world, or having a world where there are NO TRIBES (go figure). Zero support....would be great. Or a world with support locked to your tribe only. All make things a little fairer.

MNWT

Reaction score
I agree, the buffs you buy at the beginning of the world are RIDICULOUS. I have never bought one and will never buy one. And I assume most players feel the same.

Also, the event refills are insane too. A few vills at full warehouse and you could literally buy indefinitely, converting warehouse packages to PP and going again.

I’d definitely be delighted to have a non PP world, I would also be very happy have a tribe locked world, or having a world where there are NO TRIBES (go figure). Zero support....would be great. Or a world with support locked to your tribe only. All make things a little fairer.

A world where the tribe rosters lock after 30 or 60 days would actually be pretty good, in addition to no PP for buildings or resources. I think that would greatly improve game play and cut down on a lot of this late game tribe hopping we see.

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
Make a classic world :D

I asked a few times already, normal pp-less worlds are not going to happen (unless innogames turns 180 degrees out of nowhere) but a classic will be nice AND will attract new people

But please if there will be a classic use smart settings, settings could still ruin it :$

DeletedUser707

Classic world + church + Watch tower = ruined haha

But yes I have been asking for no out side tribe support since W25. We will never get that. I have been asking for lower member limits and hopefully 20 members is the new normal on the US server. Its the perfect amount I think.

Tribe locks would never work though but you can make it so we can support someone till 48 hours after they join. So it will limit how many times someone joins a tribe just to get support (Family tribes)

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
20 is still too much IMO but I already asked kawoni for 12 member limit and she seemed to be willing to try it :)

But for classic you need different settings (tribe limit 5-7 members, higher base speed, no outside support etc.)

Maybe even a 2 village start, we had that on the dutch classic and its amazing haha :D

Maybe @kawoni wants to skype with me soon so we can discuss it in more detail? Then she can go to innogames with more of a plan and that will increase the chances of getting a classic.

DeletedUser707

2 Village starts I disagree with haha. Higher speed I am all for. But not 2 village starts. Takes away from some of the strategy from the game I think.

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
2 Village starts I disagree with haha. Higher speed I am all for. But not 2 village starts. Takes away from some of the strategy from the game I think.

It requires a different strategy but its still strategic :)

But I would say that (if there will be a classic here) we should start off with simple but nice settings on the first classic, and if its a success future classics can get a bit more complicated

DeletedUser707

It requires a different strategy but its still strategic :)

But I would say that (if there will be a classic here) we should start off with simple but nice settings on the first classic, and if its a success future classics can get a bit more complicated

I agree, I think simple normal settings like a true classic would be great.

Ideal settings, like W10 .net haha.

simple tech for simply, packet nobles, 2 speed.

DeletedUser707

Thats more of a high performance world. But ether way I would like it.

DeletedUser707

I think this server is far to gone to save in my opinion. These are suggestions we have been asking for since W16 when it started to go down hill. Then again around W25 which was around the time it stopped growing more then the 4 core K's. So even If they make the change now. I think the server is far to gone to pull a come back. The best it will do it get current players to stay but it likely won't draw much of a new crowd.

DeletedUser5692

Hell, Id even pay to start on a world, like $10 or something and then have it be a pp-less world. That way you guys are still making money off the world.

I think a pay to join world with faster speed would be interesting