[Suggestions] Message ranking; sections; wiki and blog; warning system

• Thread starter Zazamkivozamkizamkivohin
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Well, I have some suggestions for the forum. Yeah, I know this server is still at the beggining, whatever, I think that the forum must not be underestimated.

1st - Message ranking

Would be nice if there was a ranking of posts. I will leave here two kinds of rankings.

0 - 99 posts: Begginer
99 - 499 posts: Regular user
500 - 999 posts: Advanced user
1000 - More: Experienced user

or...

0 - 29 posts: Sword fighter
30 - 99 posts: Swordsman
100 - 299 posts: Axeman
300 - 499 posts: Archer
500 - 699 posts: Spy
700 - 899 posts: Light Cavalry
900 - 1199 posts: Archer in a horse (i'm not sure how this must be written :eek:)
1200 - 1499 posts: Heavy cavalry
1500 - 1999 posts: Ram
2000 - 2499 posts: Catapult
2500 posts - More: Paladin

2nd - New sections

I suggest the creation of the following sections in our forum:

- Tools (where people could post things like scripts, sites that they know...)
- Discussions
- Design (section at the off topic)
- Fictions (section at the off topic) (where people could create their own stories)
- Foreigner languages (where people could speak in their own language, if they write a translation [no guarantees that they will write a right translation])
- Blog (possibly, as soon as there is one)
- Wiki (samething)

In Worlds, there could be some sections like:

- Recruitment (tribes looking for players)
- Tribe needed (players searching for tribes)
- Wars (discussion threads about wars)
- Diplomacy (tribes looking for diplomacy)

3rd - Wiki and blog

Well, i guess it's important the creation of a wiki and a blog for the game. A wiki where could be posted many articles, tutorials, etc.
And a blog, to interview some players, write some articles about the game, etc

Note: I guess it is soon to do that

4th - Reveal the warnings system

As many users got warnings, the admin could reveal how does warnings and bans works.
I mean:
How many warnings (yellow cards) are needed to get a red one?
With how many red cards do you got a ban?
How long is the ban?

5th - Attaching

I don't like to use Imageshack and other stuff like that, i personallu prefer to attach the images here in the forum, but it's not possible :eek:

Sorry for all those suggestions, perhaps is too soon yet, but i'll leave them for the future :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We already had a message ranking and it was substituted for the reputation system.

As for sub forums, that has been suggested many times already and is being worked on.

Wiki and Blog would be nice, and I've already emailed Hoodoo asking if we could start a blog since I have previous experience, but didnt receive a response, so I assume that is a no for now.

Warnings and Infractions I believe is explained on the first or second topic in the announcments section.

DeletedUser

Yup, I prefer the Post Ranking. But I guess only the Spammer's will gain from that.

DeletedUser

We already had a message ranking and it was substituted for the reputation system.

About the message rankings, i don't think that reputation is substituing it, as for example, in the spanish forum, there is reputation and rankings. It would be a good thing i guess.

Wiki and Blog would be nice, and I've already emailed Hoodoo asking if we could start a blog since I have previous experience, but didnt receive a response, so I assume that is a no for now.

I also have experience in both of them, but as i'm not from any country which speaks english, my english is not perfect (i also do not have time :eek:)

Warnings and Infractions I believe is explained on the first or second topic in the announcments section.

I don't think so as i haven't found it (i only saw a thread with the forum rules).

-Dark Assasin- said:
Yup, I prefer the Post Ranking. But I guess only the Spammer's will gain from that.

I don't think so, as moderatores are here to delete spam.

EDIT: I noticed that is not able, for us, attach something here in the forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What do you mean by ATTACH?

Some moderators are light on Spam Posts, so yeah...

DeletedUser

What do you mean by ATTACH?

Some moderators are light on Spam Posts, so yeah...

I'mk not sure how do you say "Anexar" in english... perhaps annex ou attach?
Because in some other forums there is an option to attach images there without using an image uploader like imageshack.

DeletedUser

You mean, like this?

1deb9_tribalwars.jpg

DeletedUser

No, he means some TW versions allow you to add images as attachments. ie. They don't need to be on the web, you can upload them directly from your computer to the forum.

Oh, you mean just like uploading an Avatar and Signature in the USER CP?

DeletedUser

Oh, you mean just like uploading an Avatar and Signature in the USER CP?

Nop.
I mean uploading images here as attachements. Eg you may upload images into imageshack. Some DS (Die Stämme) forums allow to upload images in the forum and use them in posts.

DeletedUser

4th - Reveal the warnings system

As many users got warnings, the admin could reveal how does warnings and bans works.
I mean:
How many warnings (yellow cards) are needed to get a red one?
With how many red cards do you got a ban?
How long is the ban?

Just for that section:

The warnings depend on how a moderator interprets the post, infraction history, etc. and usually it's one warning before you are given an infraction (if for the same reason, depends on the severity though).
The Infractions (Red Cards) are worth different points. A ban is automatically given if you accrue 6 (or more) active infraction points at one time. The ban will last until you are under 6 points.

DeletedUser

Just for that section:

The warnings depend on how a moderator interprets the post, infraction history, etc. and usually it's one warning before you are given an infraction (if for the same reason, depends on the severity though).
The Infractions (Red Cards) are worth different points. A ban is automatically given if you accrue 6 (or more) active infraction points at one time. The ban will last until you are under 6 points.

Where can i see how many active infractions I've got?

DeletedUser252

Click on ur name and u will see "Infractions" Click there and u can see.

DeletedUser

I agree the creation of the Wiki and the Blog, I'd be a good writer ... Ate more!;)