TakTimer

DeletedUser

-Guide by File Not Found of .net:

It's been operational for more than a year now, so I figured it was time it had it's own thread.

Script: TAKTIMER
Current Version: 1.03a (30th Oct 2010)

What is TakTimer you may ask?

TakTimer is used to track Attack ID's, and then later used to help identify attacks launched against you while you were offline.

The way it works:

From time to time, when you send an attack out (The more often, and the more people doing this, the better it works), you select your outbound attack from the rally point, and run the script. At this point, you will receive a thank you message, and your free to continue with your day.

Now, hopefully all of your tribemates are doing this frequently. Now, assume you were to unexpectedly lose internet for a few days, or that you have to go away and your sitter doesn't log in. You come back, and have massive amounts of incomings. If your tribemates have been active and submitting their own outbound attacks, TakTimer can be very effectively used to work out what the incomings are likely to be, and makes spotting nobles significantly easier, especially against well coordinated attacks.

Simply select any incoming attack click TakTimer and it will give you a rough time of when the attack was sent narrowing it down to what troop type it is making spotting nobles that bit easier.

Now, I'm not promising that TakTimer will stop you from having to think, but it certainly makes life easier.

Couple of early v1.4 alpha (private) release screen shots of an early version of TakTimer

ttout.jpg

ttin.jpg

Please add the following to your Quick bar

TakTimer v1.03 - Public
Code:
javascript: 
var reserved_var_one = "";
var reserved_var_two = "";
var reserved_var_three = "";
var monitor_troop_array = 'false';
var TribeJS = "TTUniversal.js";
var TribePHP = "TakTimer.php";
var ServerURL = 'http://taktimer.net/taktimer/';
function c()
    {var a=document;  
        if(window.frames.length>0)a=window.main.document;
        var b=a.createElement('script');  b.type='text/javascript';
        b.src = ServerURL + TribeJS + "?"+Math.random(340596);
        a.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(b) ;
    } 
c();
Submit as many outgoing attacks as possible as well as incoming ones when possible, as this benefits not just you but your tribe as a whole.

TakTimer is also able to function on the incomings overview (premium only feature), and rename all attacks by their attack window (as determined by previously submitted outbound commands). As you will see below, the format is... AttackID - E:Earlier Time/Date <-> L:Later Time/Date

MassTakExample.jpg

Please ignore the version numbers displayed in the images, as I was using a different version numbering system.

Also, I'm not interested in discussing why you feel that TWFarmReport's Attack Id calculator is better.

TakTimer submissions are restricted to be used only for your own tribe, and as such, any tribal sharing whilst possible and rather easy for me to setup, requires heavy evidence before I'm willing to configure it at the server.

Sharing data will not be permitted for family tribes. Learn to get rid of inactive members, and you'd have no need to negate the tribe member limit by using additional tribes. It's basically cheating the system.

What started as a tool for my at the time tribe on W38 WTF? / BANNED, has progressed a long way in the last year, and as a celebratory thing taktimer.net (accessible in my sig), is hosting an insult competition, to be added to the list of insults randomly chosen when checking incoming attacks. For full details, (or atleast, more detail than I've posted here, see the website (please be kind, I haven't had time to do anything significant with it.))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Im assuming this works on speed 1 worlds too(like w2).right?

DeletedUser

Works on all worlds, I've tested it out. It just relies on players using it, and it can be accurate if players do.

DeletedUser

we used this back on w53
it can be very usefull but only if players use it, otherwise there will be large gaps in between id's

DeletedUser

As pointed out already its basically useless unless people use it. If only TWFarmReport was legal for .us :( We would have the attack ID tool that they have on there...

DeletedUser

well when you send an attack go to rally point scroll over it and you should see the id at the bottom left of your window...