The Shadow Brigade Mess II (sign-up)

DeletedUser

It was another day at a more or less typical village. Well, it wasn't much of a village, more of a transitional station for soldiers and villagers. People come and go all the time, only a handful of actual workers stayed around and kept the town in one piece. This town however survived off of it's most famous feature. The Dragon's Tooth Tavern. People from all around would make a point to stop here on their journeys should they find themselves near by. All brigades, villagers, soldiers, even rulers were welcomed here. There were stories of old, war meetings, drinks all around, and even fights in this tavern. The owner was a well known and respected man by the name of Lermdig. In his younger days he had been a very highly respected paladin, but since a great war claimed most of his troops he kept to himself, and served that patrons of the tavern.

Life was swell, when one day a storm blow in. A storm like no other. It took everyone by surprise. Everyone ran for shelter. The lucky ones who found it were safe, the ones who didn't were blown away, straight off their feet. The ones who gathered in the tavern sat around for a round on Lermdig to settle the uneasy feelings before heading downstairs to the sleeping quarters that would normally be rented out to those who were too drunk to stand. That was when it happened. That night, someone sneaked into Lermdig's room, and attacked him. It was obvious that Lermdig didn't go down without a fight, but the assailants obviously had the advantage of surprise and numbers. Lermdig's room was left a mess, and he was left laying against a wall in the corner of his room. A dagger riddled with the notorious and mysterious Shadow Brigade's emblems was left to be found in Lermdig's chest, as well as a message written in his blood on the wall. "Prepare yourselves wimps, the harvest is coming."

This game will be taking place inside of a fully equipped and stocked tavern. Upstairs is a dining, drinking, game playing, and social area. There's a dart board, pool table, and plenty of decks of cards to keep most people from getting bored. Downstairs is a long hallway with several rooms branching off. Leaving is impossible, the storm outside would kill you, so don't even try it. Welcome to hell with booze everyone!

Rules:

The game will happen in 24h turns. Each turn happens at roughly 2PM for me. (15:00 server time). During this time, the discussion and voting threads will be closed, as I am writing the story for that night.
This is a good time for me, and a 24h period means everyone can log in and vote at least once a day.

Every turn everyone votes to lynch one player. The player with most votes will get lynched. Someone has to be lynched every turn. Voting is mandatory. In the result of a tie between one or more players, nobody gets lynched. However, in this case, The Shadow Brigade will be filled with bloodlust, allowing them to kill two players in one night the next day.
Players that get killed during the night in any way, obviously can not post in the in character thread anymore, and also can no longer vote.

Everyone will vote in the voting thread. When you vote use this format.

I (insert your name here) vote for (your target) to be lynched.
(insert reason here)
(insert vote count here)
vote count example:
Superman: 5
Batman: 3
Nubzillakilla: 7
Datdude: 5
Jondoe114: 1

Once you vote, you may change your vote. When you do, use this format.

I (insert your name here) change my vote from (previous target) to (new target)
(insert reason here)
(insert new count here)

Once the night ends, I will post the totals after the lobbying. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep good count and use this formatting. Failing to keep correct count will cause you to get a penalty added to your lynch votes. The penalty will be +1 vote per offense. This is nothing personal, but it makes the game very messy to correct an incorrect lynching.

Night happens instantaneously and lasts for about 0.5 to 1 hour while I am writing the night story about the events.
Night actions must be PM'd to the organizer during the day.

At night, SB members will kill someone. This is mandatory. They must reach a conclusion and all PM the organizer (they can all do so if they don't trust each other).

There are 12 roles and different numbers of players for each role:
1-5 Shadow Brigade members, 0-4 Dragon Brigade, 0-4 Storm Brigade, 0-4 Heavy Brigade (if brigades get 3 members, 2 will be soldiers, 1 will be a lobbyist, fourth will also be a soldier), 1 Scout, 1 Black Market Merchant, 1 Veteran fighter, 1-2 Paladins, 1-2 Doctors, 1 Crazed Nobleman, 1-5 Villagers, and 0-5 Wildcards.
Number of players per role depends on how many people sign up. 21 is a good number, but all roles being filled would be nice.

Members in a group can communicate between each other; Members of the same brigade can communicate via messages (they will be told who the other members of their group are). Any other communication must be done in the forum thread that will be set up for that purpose.
Just so it's clear, ABSOLUTELY NO COMMUNICATION REGARDING THE GAME BETWEEN PLAYERS IN MESSAGES UNLESS IN GROUPS. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
For anything else, use the public discussion thread, but keep your identity hidden, because people have a benefit from killing or lynching you in the night.

This should be played as a role playing game, namely you are the character that is assigned to you, not your godlike imagination of a character (although you will just use your tribalwars name, for simplicity's sake, should your name be tough to use in this setting I will give you a nickname in the signup thread.)
Roles will be randomly assigned by me, so don't bother requesting a certain role. Up to you to adapt to it.

----------

Roles and mechanics:

Shadow Brigade:
SB members can communicate between themselves freely. They will be told who the other SB members are.
The SB group can also send one anonymous message to the discussions thread per round via the organizer. However, it will be told that it is coming from the SB.
SB can earn trophies by killing other brigade members (if there are any). Depending on the number of other brigade members there are, they will need a certain amount of trophies to use one of two abilities.
1. Blood Lust: They may kill any two targets, and can't fail (except if they target a paladin).
2. Torture: They may ambush, beat, abuse, and extract information from any player they choose. Torture can't fail. (information given when tortured will be kept a secret until the end of the game)
Blood Lust will also be earned if there is a tie in the lynch votes, however they can be stopped with blood lust earned in this method.
SB wins when all non-villagers are dead.

Brigades:
Dragon, Storm and Heavy Brigade, or the 'good brigades' can also communicate between themselves freely (but not between brigades). Brigades may assault the opposing brigade. There is a 1 night cool down between assaults. An assault will have 2 targets, both targets must be from the same brigade (including shadow). Only the paladin can prevent an assault. If there is enough players for a third member in each brigade, a random member will be a lobbyist, and will be able to post an extra lynch vote on one player per night. If brigades get a fourth member, they will have 3 soldiers, 1 lobbyist.
For a win, all opposing brigades (including shadow) must be dead.

Villagers:
The villagers can communicate via dead letter drops. Meaning: they message me and I send on the messages to all the other villagers anonymously. They cannot otherwise communicate with each other except normally on the forum where they do not know each others identities. To prevent me being overwhelmed by this, each neutral player can only do this once per day. The dead drop system prevents neutral players from identifying themselves over it or from giving recognition signals. Any messages detected trying to give this information are deleted. The villagers will have lobbying. This means, using the dead letter drops, they are to vote on a target for an extra 2 votes towards them during a night. If there is a tie, I will use a RNG to break the tie.
The villagers win when two brigades, the Scout, Crazed Nobleman, and Veteran Fighter are dead. If they accomplish this before SB can kill everyone, they can not longer be killed by SB.

Scout:
Every round, the scout can find out one player's identity. The scout is able to anonymously post a list of the players they've scouted to the in character thread once per day via the organizer. The scout isn't required to tell the truth however!
For scout to win, all SB, Villagers, and the Paladin must be dead.

Black Market Merchant:
Every night the BMM can choose to slip a hand-held crossbow with a single arrow into the quarters of a player that he/she chooses. If the player is attacked by a brigade, a random member will die. If the Veteran Fighter attacks the player, the Veteran Fighter will die. In the rare occasion that this crossbow lands with the same person as the Doctor is protecting, the protected player will use the crossbow to kill the Doctor.
For a win, two brigades, Paladin, and the Doctor must be dead.

Veteran Fighter:
The Veteran Fighter can wound any player during the night, but only once for each player. "Wounding" means that the ability of the one he targeted will be disabled for 2 rounds. He also has the ability to kill any player once per game.
All SB, Crazed Nobleman, and Doctor must be dead for him to win.

Paladin:
The Paladin cannot die at night under any circumstance, except when lynched. The paladin is able to protect one player at night. He can save a player from any fate, except being lynched. If the Veteran Fighter and Paladin cross blades at the same player, their identities are revealed, and they may work together and communicate freely. If there are two paladins, both must protect the same player.
For a win, SB, Scout, BMM, Crazed Nobleman, and "dangerous wild cards" must be dead.

Doctor:
The Doctor has the ability to decide over life and death. Each night he can choose to save someone from death. If he saves a player the Doctor will find out the identity of that player. Doctor can save himself from death, after which there is a cool-down period of 1 night before he can save himself again. Save himself means he protects himself and was attacked.
If there are two doctors, they may communicate freely, but CAN NOT protect each other.
For a win, all SB, one 'good' brigade and either the BMM or Veteran Fighter must be dead.

Crazed Nobleman:
The Crazed Nobleman is out to kill villagers for their "betrayals". He may make 6 kill attempts over the course of the game. If he makes an attempt on a player who turns out to not be a villager, the player is not killed.
In order to win, all villagers and SB must be eliminated.

Wildcard
The Wildcard does not play by existing public mechanics, instead there will be a secret role for him, different with each game, with a special impact on the game's mechanics.
His role + mechanics will be made available for public viewing AFTER the game, however, weird events during the game might give a clue of his/her abilities and influence.

Final note for a nice, fair game:
Cheating is not awesome. Be awesome: don't cheat.
Also don't bend the rules your way. Play within written mechanics and don't claim you can do something just because I didn't say you were not allowed to do it.
Players who are detected with cheating in one way or another, will be banned from playing the active game, and any possible future games.
We're playing primarily for fun. If you ruin the fun of others because you want to win, you're doing it wrong and you're not the kind of player that should play this game.
Try to write a bit more elaborate, don't be afraid to describe yourself and your actions in detail and avoid one-liner posts. Doing this will create more immersion.

If any questions arise please feel free to post here.
Also post here if you are interested. I reserve the right to choose who will play this game or not (due to past infractions).
Participation thread will be opened when there are enough players signed up.

1. drgnmstr2444 (Dragon)
8. Tribalduel (Duel)
13. Yanna01 (Yanna)
23. Kinxer (Kinxer)
35. Mat Cauthon (Mat)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd like #8. It's lucky. :)

I have a suggestion for the Crazed Nobleman: The number of kill attempts he gets is the number of villagers +2. So, if there's 2 villagers (like last game) then the nobleman only gets 4 kill attempts. However if there's 5 villagers, he'll get 7. Last game I felt like I had too many attempts, and if the last SB had died before me, I would've won.

DeletedUser

I'm in once more. 23 for me.

EDIT: It would be awesome if my actual username was on the list.

DeletedUser4232

I'm in once more. 23 for me.

EDIT: It would be awesome if my actual username was on the list.

LMAO..... i saw that and was wondering who would catch it first.........

DeletedUser

I would like to play again, I pick number 35 if that is ok? :p

DeletedUser1180

35? are you going to bring in friends to fill in some of the spots? :D

DeletedUser

We got... 5 people so far.

Jondoe won't be joining in this time due to having to spend too much time clicking 'village name' and looking for 'X incoming'.

DeletedUser

So if you're someone looking at this and considering playing but you're busy, realize that this only takes about 5 minutes of your time every day, and it can be a lot of fun if we get more people. (Hint hint)

DeletedUser

I have posted a link a a very minimal description of this game in all the tribe I am in or have been in since I have known about it, people are not thinking it is as awesome as me :/

DeletedUser

It's a different animal, from a different forest.

This game was good in a tribe forum, but I guess not as much in the main forums.

DeletedUser4232

yeah, it does seem that there was a little more interest in this when it was in the tribal forums......

DeletedUser

I would put it itself in the forums if I could come up with a story like you XD But I can't so if they want an amazing game then they have to get it here ;)

DeletedUser

Perhaps in the next world I play I'll open up the campaign of carnage again and post on the main forums to ask for tribes who want to be added to that forum.