The Shadow Brigade Mess (In Character)

DeletedUser4232

"May as well add it to the fire."

Walking back to my room I am in deep thought. The shadow brigade is still loose. While they remain, no one is safe.....

DeletedUser

Yes, leave no more prizes for the Shadow Brigade. Let us make a pact that all the dead who can be burned will be. Who is with me here? No one deserves to have their body decaying like it is carrion.

Looking around at those still assembled, Kinxer awaits an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4232

"How bout we make a pact not to let any of us die! Then we will not have to worry about bodies."

Looking around I see doubt on a couple of faces.

DeletedUser

Kinxer looks doubtfully at Dragon.

While that is a lovely sentiment, at least one person in this building is going to break such a pact. Besides, for those of us who aren't homicidal, is that not what we were doing already Nonetheless, if it makes you feel better, I will agree to such a pact. By the blood that runs through my veins, I will not kill anyone here, except in defense of others or myself. Come, who will join me in this promise?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"I promise to kill nobody but the shadow brigade, if there are any more of them here among us."

DeletedUser1180

"Time for you to go on the fire" and Yanna puts Lermdigs head on the fire with the stake it was put on.
"I will kill only those that are a threat to me.
Has anyone found a reason for this storm that keeps going and going? I will see if the library has some answers."
and she heads to the library.

DeletedUser

There were 6 remaining. The mood, was uneasy. They wanted to believe that their agreement would save them, but they couldn't. Two pointed at Knixer, and the others couldn't come to an agreement. Knixer stood and exclaimed "If you believe I am the threat, than I will allow you to kill me without a fight, and I pray that god will be with you as I leave." He knelt down, and one of the remaining occupants killed him with a single blow to the back of the neck. Knixer fell, and his dagger fell to the ground. It had engravings on it, which were extremely rare. Upon further inspection, the group realized that this blade was held by an elite guild of paladins, and only they were allowed to wield them. Knixer, had been a paladin.

It was after the fall of Knixer that Duel snapped. "You monsters! YOU MONSTERS! You shall pay for your sins!" Once more Duel pulled his blade, and this time he attacked Grayso. "50 stabbings for your 50 sins!" yelled Duel. No one moved, they were in shock of what had just happened. Suddenly something happened, and the fires went out all at once, it almost completely pitch black. Once more, an unknown force made their move, slicing Duel's throat with a single motion. Duel and Grayso fell to the ground. It was obvious Duel was crazed, insane, a lunatic, and a murder. He was once a nobleman, but had lost his mind when he lost his power. Upon investigation of Grayso's room, the group discovered he was in fact a simple villager.

By the time someone lit a candle, the damage was done, with only 3 people alive, and 1 of them a murderer, they were getting closer to the truth, but at the same time, closer to their own death.

DeletedUser1180

Yanna realised the SB had not even taken action as the killings were fast and not longlasting and painfull as the Shadow Brigade had promised. Three dead bodies and three people left. 'We have to find the shadow brigade and stop them. But first let's bring those bodies to the fireplace. Let us all take one." Dragon and Kbowling took one too. With the wood the fire burned hard and roared, just like the storm outside.

DeletedUser4232

"So, now it is just we three. I believe we should all have it out now. I am not leaving this room with one of you to follow and try to kill me. "

Although my anger has risen, my speach has not filled me with any heroics. Knowing that there is a murderer here I turn and flee back to my room to barricade myself in to survive.

DeletedUser1180

The day had passed and Yanna had spend time in the library. Neither Kbowling or Dragon had showed themselves that day. She tried to keep calm and reading did help. But it did not bring her closer to an answer.

DeletedUser4232

Once back in my room, the feeling of dread ebbed. I begin to take stock of the situation. Knowing that there is a 50-50 chance of who is shadow brigade, I have made my decision. Looking around, I find some tools to use for defense since I am not proficient with weapons. I then go looking for some answers.

Not seeing anyone until I get to the library, I immediately jump into Yanna.

"Are you really going to wait until nightfall to make your move Shadow Brigade? Are you not brave enough to stand in the light of day and set an attack? You have murdered enough people and it ends now!"

Bracing myself for a response, I assume what I believe to be a defensive posture and await a response.

DeletedUser4232

Interestingly enough, it seems that the book Yanna is reading is "Murder 101: How To Succeed".

DeletedUser

This was it, 3 remaining, 1 was shadow brigade. Dragon pointed to Yanna, and Yanna pointed back. It was up to Kbowling who would die. Yanna was his choice. The second her name left his mouth she drew her sword. "I'm not going down without a fight!" Kbowling replied "I was hoping for this." Kbowling drew his sword and just as Yanna made her move, Dragon tripped her. Kbowling slammed his sword into the back of her neck killing her instantly. That's when Dragon realized the cold reality of what just happened. Yanna was a rogue brigade troop, not a member of the shadow brigade, Kbowling was holding a sword riddled with shadow brigade markings. Dragon tried to turn and run, but Kbowling was too quick, cutting the back of his ankles, then slashing his arms. "This was fun, wasn't it?" Kbowling mocked as he drove his blade into Dragon's chest.

Kbowling walked calmly to the window and watched the storm rage on outside. "What a beautiful mess this turned out to be." he said proudly.

DeletedUser

This was it, 3 remaining, 1 was shadow brigade. Dragon pointed to Yanna, and Yanna pointed back. It was up to Kbowling who would die. Yanna was his choice. The second her name left his mouth she drew her sword. "I'm not going down without a fight!" Kbowling replied "I was hoping for this." Kbowling drew his sword and just as Yanna made her move, Dragon tripped her. Kbowling slammed his sword into the back of her neck killing her instantly. That's when Dragon realized the cold reality of what just happened. Yanna was a rogue brigade troop, not a member of the shadow brigade, Kbowling was holding a sword riddled with shadow brigade markings. Dragon tried to turn and run, but Kbowling was too quick, cutting the back of his ankles, then slashing his arms. "This was fun, wasn't it?" Kbowling mocked as he drove his blade into Dragon's chest.

Kbowling walked calmly to the window and watched the storm rage on outside. "What a beautiful mess this turned out to be." he said proudly.
You should have added a bit where I drink there blood.

DeletedUser

OCC Little worried bout the drinking blood but that was fun :p