The Shadow Brigade Mess

DeletedUser

Hello everyone of tribal wars! I have done this little game in my tribe on world 10, and have expanded it to other tribes, and have gotten very good feedback from the people who joined in. So I have decided to share this little game with the whole community. It's a forum based role playing game. It's not meant to make you want to kill each other even more, it's meant to get the community a little more used to working with everyone around them. One game you might be working with your arch enemy, the next you could be working with a crew of your friends! Anyways, first I suppose I owe you a little introduction before the wall of text for the game comes up. :)

Who, What, Where, Why

Who:

Who is Lermdig?
Lermdig (myself :D) is a new old player. He played back in the days of world 4 of the .net server, though went inactive for a while. He is back now and better than ever! Having experience from multiple different games on military tactics, he's bringing his colorful experience here, but that's not it. He has also brought with a role playing in character sense to the game. He started this forum as a place to build the community, not just of a single tribe, but as many as there are willing to join. He began in the tribe Shadow Knights, but left shortly after for G-R. He became the diplomat of the tribe, and shortly after formed the academy tribe. It is from this tribe that he began the campaign, and it has grown ever popular since.

What:

What is the Shadow Brigade Mess?

The SBM is a game that is played out in character. You act as your character in the role given to you trying to figure out the people around you, and then remove them from this life. The SBM won't be the only game I make, if the whole community likes it as much as the few tribes in w10 did, I may just make up more types of games. :)

Where:

Where does this take place?
The forum! We like to keep this as a community only event. Don't go running around nobling each other over it, it's for fun. :) The games take place where the sign up claims they are. From collapsed villages, to storm front headquarters, to a peaceful (or violent) tavern, the limit is where I say it is.

Why:

Why would you do this?
It's fun! It's community building! And it keeps us from hating each other for the most part. :) Most games don't draw the line between the game, and reality. You hate someone in the game, you hate the person behind the desk. This is a chance to really get to know the community around you, and be friends with the person you're working with, while you conquer everything he/she knows and loves. :)

With that said, welcome and please enjoy a slice of heaven and hell!

And now... drum roll and trumpets I present the wall of text!

In a secluded area far off the map, a resource rich land was discovered, as well as what appeared to be an abandoned settlement. Rumors of these type of villages existed, but few believed it. A village that can single handedly out produce a normal village by a factor of 5? Naturally it drew attention from more than a few sources. Soon the Dragon, Storm, and Heavy brigades all had armies looting, pillaging, and ravaging this gold mine, but that's when the incident happened. During these raids, they never noticed that the village was slowly, but surely growing in size. But who would? They were still getting what they wanted from it. That was when the deaths began. Randomly, soldiers and raiders began dying, and their bodies found sometimes intact, other times horribly mutilated. The brigades started to investigate then, and discovered this village in fact was held by the mysterious Shadow Brigade, but when they decided to take action, they picked the wrong time. As the armies marched on the village, the three brigades met each other, and previously had the order to kill any that oppose them. As the battle waged a storm began to form, and this was no ordinary storm. It was strong enough to do as much damage as each brigade could do. Quickly, survivors found shelter in the HQ of this golden village. That's where they really went wrong. While they believed all they had to worry about were the other brigades doing something stupid, they didn't know more evil forces were lurking about.

The morning after the battle everyone left the room they claimed as their own, and checked the weather. It had only worsened, but something else was wrong. Someone was missing. It was Lermdig, the Commanding officer of the Dragon Brigade. Quickly the remaining occupants ran for his room, but when they found it, a few wish they'd never seen the horror that was before them. Lermdig was dead, with lacerations all over his body form whips and daggers, but he wasn't suffering any more, everyone could tell because of the dagger that was left in his heart. On the wall above him was a symbol, drawn in his blood. It was the Shadow Brigade's symbol, and bellow it a message. "The harvest is coming weaklings. There's no where to run, no where to hide. Leave, and the storm will kill you as fast as we will. Stay, and we might make your death a little quicker. Might. Brace yourselves for hell."

The remaining occupants gather, and the madness begins...

This story is taking place in a fully constructed and supplied village head quarters. The HQ consists of two levels. The upper level is the living quarters (enough rooms for each player to have their own room). The lower level is the mess hall, dinning room, grand entrance hall, library, and the 'relaxing' hall, and dueling rings. The mess hall has enough food for them to survive the storm, and the dining room is large enough to avoid fighter over seats. The library is fully stocked with the latest in 'modern', exotic, academic, and recreational literature. The entrance is a large, open area, and the relaxing area consists of three fire places with enough wood to last the storm and enough seating to accommodate everyone. There are four dueling rings for knights to practice their swordsmanship, as well as fully equipped arsenals for training. While dueling is allowed, you can not kill each other, only I can make you do that. Also, for fair play, when fighting other players you are allowed to message them to coordinate the fight. This avoid 'god modding' another player to your will. You control your character and only your character, NO EXCEPTIONS! Continued offense of god modding is punishable in the same fashion as messing up the lynch votes.

Rules:

The game will happen in 24h turns. Each turn happens at roughly 2PM for me. (15:00 server time). During this time, the discussion and voting threads will be closed, as I am writing the story for that night.
This is a good time for me, and a 24h period means everyone can log in and vote at least once a day.

Every turn everyone votes to lynch one player. The player with most votes will get lynched. Someone has to be lynched every turn. Voting is mandatory. In the result of a tie between one or more players, nobody gets lynched. However, in this case, The Shadow Brigade will be filled with bloodlust, allowing them to kill two players in one night the next day.
Players that get killed during the night in any way, obviously can not post in the in character thread anymore, and also can no longer vote.

Everyone will vote in the voting thread. When you vote use this format.

I (insert your name here) vote for (your target) to be lynched.
(insert reason here)
(insert vote count here)
vote count example:
Superman: 5
Batman: 3
Nubzillakilla: 7
Datdude: 5
Jondoe114: 1

Once you vote, you may change your vote. When you do, use this format.

I (insert your name here) change my vote from (previous target) to (new target)
(insert reason here)
(insert new count here)

Once the night ends, I will post the totals after the lobbying. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep good count and use this formatting. Failing to keep correct count will cause you to get a penalty added to your lynch votes. The penalty will be +1 vote per offense. This is nothing personal, but it makes the game very messy to correct an incorrect lynching.

Night happens instantaneously and lasts for about 0.5 to 1 hour while I am writing the night story about the events.
Night actions must be PM'd to the organizer during the day.

At night, SB members will kill someone. This is mandatory. They must reach a conclusion and all PM the organizer (they can all do so if they don't trust each other).

There are 12 roles and different numbers of players for each role:
1-5 Shadow Brigade members, 0-3 Dragon Brigade, 0-3 Storm Brigade, 0-3 Heavy Brigade (if brigades get 3 members, 2 will be soldiers, 1 will be a lobbyist), 1 Scout, 1 Black Market Merchant, 1 Veteran fighter, 1 Paladin, 1 Doctor, 1 Crazed Nobleman, 1-5 Villagers, and 0-5 Wildcards.
Number of players per role depends on how many people sign up. 21 is a good number, but all roles being filled would be nice.

Members in a group can communicate between each other; Members of the same brigade can communicate via messages (they will be told who the other members of their group are). Any other communication must be done in the forum thread that will be set up for that purpose.
Just so it's clear, ABSOLUTELY NO COMMUNICATION REGARDING THE GAME BETWEEN PLAYERS IN MESSAGES UNLESS IN GROUPS. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
For anything else, use the public discussion thread, but keep your identity hidden, because people have a benefit from killing or lynching you in the night.

This should be played as a role playing game, namely you are the character that is assigned to you, not your godlike imagination of a character (although you will just use your tribalwars name, for simplicity's sake, should your name be tough to use in this setting I will give you a nickname in the signup thread.)
Roles will be randomly assigned by me, so don't bother requesting a certain role. Up to you to adapt to it.

----------

Roles and mechanics:

Shadow Brigade:
SB members can communicate between themselves freely. They will be told who the other SB members are.
The SB group can also send one anonymous message to the discussions thread per round via the organizer. However, it will be told that it is coming from the SB.
SB members also acquire Blood lust in one of two ways. One, there is a tie in a lynch vote, two, the earn 1 kill of each brigade themselves.
TSS wins when all non-villagers are dead.

Brigades:
Dragon, Storm and Heavy Brigade, or the 'good brigades' can also communicate between themselves freely (but not between brigades). Brigades may assault the opposing brigade. There is a 1 night cool down between assaults. An assault will have 2 targets, if one or both targets are not opposing brigades, the assault fails and no one dies. Only the paladin can prevent an assault. If there is enough players for a third member in each brigade, a random member will be a lobbyist, and will be able to post an extra lynch vote on one player per night.
For a win, all opposing brigades (including shadow) must be dead.

Villagers:
The villagers can communicate via dead letter drops. Meaning: they message me and I send on the messages to all the other villagers anonymously. They cannot otherwise communicate with each other except normally on the forum where they do not know each others identities. To prevent me being overwhelmed by this, each neutral player can only do this once per day. The dead drop system prevents neutral players from identifying themselves over it or from giving recognition signals. Any messages detected trying to give this information are deleted. The villagers will have lobbying. This means, using the dead letter drops, they are to vote on a target for an extra 2 votes towards them during a night. If there is a tie, I will use a RNG to break the tie.
The villagers win when two brigades, the Scout, Crazed Nobleman, and Veteran Fighter are dead. If they accomplish this before SB can kill everyone, they can not longer be killed by SB.

Scout:
Every round, the scout can find out one player's identity. The scout is able to anonymously post a list of the players they've scouted to the in character thread once per day via the organizer. The scout isn't required to tell the truth however!
For scout to win, all SB, Villagers, and the Paladin must be dead.

Black Market Merchant:
Every night the BMM can choose to slip a hand-held crossbow with a single arrow into the quarters of a player that he/she chooses. If the player is attacked by a brigade, a random member will die. If the Veteran Fighter attacks the player, the Veteran Fighter will die. In the rare occasion that this crossbow lands with the same person as the Doctor is protecting, the protected player will use the crossbow to kill the Doctor.
For a win, two brigades, Paladin, and the Doctor must be dead.

Veteran Fighter:
The Veteran Fighter can wound any player during the night, but only once for each player. "Wounding" means that the ability of the one he targeted will be disabled for 2 rounds. He also has the ability to kill any player once per game.
All SB, Crazed Nobleman, and Doctor must be dead for him to win.

Paladin:
The Paladin cannot die at night under any circumstance, except when lynched. The paladin is able to protect one player at night. He can save a player from any fate, except being lynched. If the Veteran Fighter and Paladin cross blades at the same player, their identities are revealed, and they may work together and communicate freely.
For a win, SB, Scout, BMM, Crazed Nobleman, and "dangerous wild cards" must be dead.

Doctor:
The Doctor has the ability to decide over life and death. Each night he can choose to save someone from death. If he saves a player the Doctor will find out the identity of that player. Doctor can save himself from death, after which there is a cool-down period of 1 night before he can save himself again. Save himself means he protects himself and was attacked.
For a win, all SB, one 'good' brigade and either the BMM or Veteran Fighter must be dead.

Crazed Nobleman:
The Crazed Nobleman is out to kill villagers for their "betrayals". He may make 6 kill attempts over the course of the game. If he makes an attempt on a player who turns out to not be a villager, the player is not killed.
In order to win, all villagers and SB must be eliminated.

Wildcard
The Wildcard does not play by existing public mechanics, instead there will be a secret role for him, different with each game, with a special impact on the game's mechanics.
His role + mechanics will be made available for public viewing AFTER the game, however, weird events during the game might give a clue of his/her abilities and influence.

Final note for a nice, fair game:
Cheating is not awesome. Be awesome: don't cheat.
Also don't bend the rules your way. Play within written mechanics and don't claim you can do something just because I didn't say you were not allowed to do it.
Players who are detected with cheating in one way or another, will be banned from playing the active game, and any possible future games.
We're playing primarily for fun. If you ruin the fun of others because you want to win, you're doing it wrong and you're not the kind of player that should play this game.
Try to write a bit more elaborate, don't be afraid to describe yourself and your actions in detail and avoid one-liner posts. Doing this will create more immersion.

If any questions arise please feel free to post here.
Also post here if you are interested. I reserve the right to choose who will play this game or not (due to past infractions).
Participation thread will be opened when there are enough players signed up.

1. Jondoe114 (Jondoe) Lynched night 1, was shadow brigade
2. Tribalduel (Duel) Killed by an unknown force night 3, was the crazed nobleman
3. Drgnmstr2444 (Dragon) Killed by SB night 4, was the doctor
4. Filiusincendia (Fili) Lynched night 2, was the veteran fighter
8. Overlord3600 (Overlord) Killed by nobleman night 1, was a villager
12. Grayso05 (Grayso) Killed by nobleman night 3, was a villager
11. Kbowling11 (Kbowling) Winner, survived, was a Shadow Brigade
13. Yanna01 (Yanna) Lynched night 4, was the wildcard, first person to complete kill list, but did not survive
17. Bullwinkle the Moose (Bullwinkle) Died night 2 to an unknown force, was the scout
21. Mat Cauthon (Mat) killed night 1 by shadow brigade, was the black market merchant
23. Kinxer (Kinxer) Lynched night 3, was the paladin

On a last note, I do have a sign up for a game going, but will be moving here. There are 11 players waiting, and if any come here they have first dibs, even if sign up is full. That just means if you get kicked, and someone drops out by choice, I will ask if you want to take the newly opened position. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't be afraid to join! Everyone is a little rough the first few times, but it's a lot of fun!

DeletedUser

I'll take #2.

Hopefully we'll get more players here on the externals. :)

DeletedUser

14 but i did not read anything you wrote i just want my name next to my fav number

DeletedUser4232

Lermdig, have you let those who had signed up previously that the game has moved here? I was able to find out about it, but there may have been others who do not know. ready to get the game started though, LOL.

DeletedUser

I let the leaders of KRT and RNGS know to inform their members, but I don't know about previous Rng members... We might have disbanded before they found out.

DeletedUser4541

yeah. I know I was planning to register for the forums when I saw the link but the tribe was disbanded before I could get home and get on my laptop.

DeletedUser

I am in, really doesn't matter to me who my character is though, I would be happy with any :)

DeletedUser4541

@ Bullwinkle the Moose

The number you choose doesn't matter as to which character you will be, its just so Lermdig can put you into a slot
Just pick your favorite #

DeletedUser

We got 8 people in, can we see 2 or 3 more? Then everyone will get to see what all this is really about. :)

DeletedUser4232

what about the list of people who had signed up on the in-game threads? any chance of contacting them directly or sending them a link to this?

DeletedUser

I can't remember who all of them were. I've contacted the few I can remember. You should nudge your tribe to join. And anyone who is signed up already, nudge your tribe and give them the link, this game is a lot of fun when you can get a lot of people involved!

DeletedUser

I made a post on the tribal forum, nobodys paying attention to it lol.