The Use Of Relationships

DeletedUser

I have been running W52 .net as a test world to test what I have come to call "smart relationships".
This is NOT a diplomacy-based guide in any way, but a personal level one.

The Use of Relationships

Quite often, people ask whether they should get a Personal Ally (PA), and what to look for in players to get working relationships.

I am writing this, not to help people decide on PAs, but on what I have come to consider the most tactical way of playing this game. You have to remember that it is a wargame, and the majority of players in this game is fighting for them and their tribes to get to the top spot and win the world.

And so, I am going to take you on a story which is actually my W52 story over on .net so far, ignoring the mini-wars and 1v1s that I've had for fun. I will explain after the story is over, what strategies were used in this, giving ingame mails where possible, to back it up.

If you do not wish to spend a short period of time reading the story, feel free to skip the below spoiler. It isn't necessary - it merely gives the background information some of you may find interesting.

I joined the account that I play in W52 2-3 weeks after my usual co-player joined the world. We found that we had a great start-up, all thanks to him, and as such were dominating our area from the start. Whilst Homcgra farmed and worked the account in general at this point in time, I spent time getting to know the local players, and joined a tribe with them, eventually becoming the duke of the tribe.

I focused more on teaching the players how to do a good operation, and although 50% of the tribe didn't like my style of leadership, and jumped to the enemy tribe as we launched, we ended up taking out pretty much every deserting player in that launch (very quick target switch). This earned me about 10-20 close friends in W52 in my K, some of whom went on to become PAs.

Now, due to the fact that because of my activity and farming, and an early PA from this group had gifted me almost all of his villages when quitting, as a final friendly gesture, I began to dominate the K. I was cruel, and still am cruel, to the players in the enemy tribe. I scare them due to being 10-20 times larger than them now. It is something that seems to have had a good impact in controlling location so far, so I am not ashamed of it.

Because of this, all of these players who had become PAs of mine, either joined the tribe I moved to (I couldn't run a K tribe and last on this world, so I went to the best local tribe that I could work with and would benefit me as much as it would them), or they quit ingame. The majority of these players who quit, gifted me their villages. One wasn't even a PA, but wanted to help me get closer to the top ranks. I didn't have to ask once for these players to gift me villages, due to the good relationship I have with them.

I have just broken the top 20 in W52, and am climbing fast. I am the fastest nobler on the updating maps, and also the 2nd fastest growing player in the world (above all but rank 1 player). This I am able to put down to the use of relationships with other players. End of story

So that is my story there thus far, that is related to the topic.

I am now going to copy-paste a single mail from a friend of mine ingame. Not a PA, just a friend.

Mahe Drysdale on 06.03. at 02:07
Well, I have found lately that I have lost interest in playing tribal wars. I have more important things in life like God and school that I need to focus on and I'm kinda bored with playing. So I would like to give you my vills. If you would prefer I can send you an account sit so that you can utilize the 2 noble trains I have and the troops that I have and you could take the vills as you please. If you are interested in my offer just let me know. I would prefer to give them to you so that you can be that much closer to being #1 in W52.

Mahe Drysdale

I had earned this player's respect by being friendly, helpful and honest to him throughout his time on W52. Because of this, he decided when quitting that he wished to give me all of the villages he had worked had towards getting for free. A friendly gesture.

I won't list the other players who have done the same thing, but a total of 4, soon to be 5 accounts have now done this since I joined the world. All down to the fact that I was friendly to them and helpful, and honest.

And so, what this post is for, is to try to get players who wish to play long-term and be successful, to work with players ingame even if they lack skill, and to help teach them a bit. Be friendly, be helpful, be honest. You will be surprised how little effort it takes, and how much you get back in return. I firmly believe that, if every person who is an experienced player puts a small amount of effort in to a few keen players each time they play a world, TribalWars will end up becoming a funner, more challenging game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not much explanation here on how to make/get the good relationships.

DeletedUser1093

If you need a guide to tell you how to make friends then maybe you should quit TW and get out more.

DeletedUser

I joined the account that I play in W52 2-3 weeks after my usual co-player joined the world. We found that we had a great start-up, all thanks to him, and as such were dominating our area from the start.

Pfft i was bigger :D

DeletedUser

You're just upset that you got pretty much destroyed by me on another world very recently.
I seem to recall 0 village losses on my part, and you have, what 5 villages left? :p

I gifted you the vils dont bring that up :p

DeletedUser

When in a tribe, I never support anyone who isn't active on the forum. If all of a sudden they come to the forum because they're under attack and they need help (most of the time they don't even say who they're attacked by and if they do the don't use bb-codes), I never sent them anything.

You have to earn your reinforcements, by helping others. I don't want to waste my troops on a player that's of no use to my tribe.

Many people think like this, so that's why it's important to help others as well. Because when you need troops, they'll sent them. On some worlds you don't need them anywhere along the road, but it's good to know that if you ever need them, they're standing by.

DeletedUser1180

To add to Googly's story: this does not only apply for tribemates and allies but also for opponents.
On one world I had skirmishes with another player every now and than and we mailed about the success or failures. One on one fights and in balance. After some months I was surprised by a mail: he was going to quit and wanted me to have his villages rather than his tribemates. I got a tribemate of mine to have his accountsit and was able to take most villages.

So by showing respect I had a result I was not anticipating. This was the first time for me but later I have had this result a few more times.