This is not the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Two players have abused the "system" and the staff of Innogames have ignored their own rules to allow play to continue with no correction other than to report a "glitch" that has been corrected. This is a play on words - since something has to be corrected then something was wrong with the game program. If it had to be corrected then it can be called glitch, bug, error, or any other term that would cause a program to operate not as intended.
Now, let's examine the players - A) Demona008 - had previous experience in Tribal Wars by playing US4 - B) Dragonfly275 - had previous experience in US1, US2, US3, US4 and US5. while the case may be made that Player A did not have much experience, certainly player B does. After only 6 days of this world being open Player A has 5620 points and 2 villages and Player B has 3204 points and two villages. There are 2962 players in world 6, 2910 of these have point (minimum of 26) while thetope 20 players have under 1000 EXCEPT for the two mentioned above.
In a normal world it takes about 6 days for an average player to obtain a Stable with scouts and Light Cavalry. Then to gather enough resources to build an Academy takes another three weeks because of the support needed (warehouse and farm large enough to provide room for resources). Then building only one Noble along with training requires even more resources and support. A player that devoted long hours to reach this point has spent at least six weeks before being able to attack and capture another village. Both player A and B have done so in SIX DAYS. With past experience both players had to have known something was not right.
According to the rule:
10.2 It is prohibited to exploit bugs or faults in the games' programming and in the course of the game which could represent an advantage for the User for personal and/or third party purposes. Should the User discover any bugs, he/she must notify InnoGames without delay. As far as the player has derived benefits herefrom, these - as far as possible - shall be reimbursed. If the bugs or errors were intentionally exploited, this can lead to a termination of the Licensing Agreement and a deletion of the account.
Ask yourself these questions:
Did Player A and B have experience in the game? - Yes
Should Player A and B have known about a fault in programing, because of previous experence? - Yes
Did Player A and B take advantage of a fault in programing for their own use? - Yes
Did Player A and B notify Innogames about the fault in programming? - NO
Has anything been done other than correcting the fault like compensating other players, removal of advantage gained, or restricting the use of the advantages gained? - NO
It has been stated that over the length of the game this will even out and have no effect. many people "brag" about their accomplishments in Tribal Wars - Conqueror , Score champion, and Daily Awards. Conqueror is already taken as I am sure Score Champion and several Daily awards will also be taken by the two "leaders" of US6.
This leaves aa bad taste in my mouth. The handling of this has not been correct. The staff is covering their own butts and backing a poor solution behind one of their members. I have spent time and money along with sleepless nights on this "game" but can no longer sit on the sidelines watching while unfair advantages are allowed. Yes over the long run things will even out, but I am in the here and now. And here and now should be the same for everyone, not a select few that do not follow the rules and a staff that does not enforce the rules.
Now will I drop this matter - just so you can get on with your lives? No, as I still have invested heart and soul playing this "game". I have been told that tribal Wars will suck the soul right out of your body - that it is additive and difficult to quit. What I heard is right. And until the time I can stop thinking about this game I will be angry at the manor in which the staff has handled this situation.

DeletedUser

tl;dr

The system is new to this server, therefore they couldn't have known if this was the way it was meant to be.

Other servers have a .9:1 ratio on their servers so it could have been similar for all they know.

Please stop posting senseless threads about something that you are completely wrong and mistaken about.

DeletedUser

Actually only .Lt has. 9:1 all the other servers have 1:1 and the settings for this world pretty clearly say 1:1.

DeletedUser

I really think it's not their fault. If they have money and there is an error in the programmation then...

They could not know it was like these because it's completly new.

If you say that they do this abuse in the german or english server and it becomes a ban I could understand it, but here?

DeletedUser

So what your saying is that since it is .us it doesn't matter?

DeletedUser

Actually only .Lt has. 9:1 all the other servers have 1:1 and the settings for this world pretty clearly say 1:1.

Was just generalizing. People don't have to read world settings. Hell, if I'm told I'm playing a world I don't care about the settings, I just log on and do what I have to do; that's it.

DeletedUser

I say that this is new they could not know that they were abusing of it, if this wouldn't be the first world with this option it would be their fault.

DeletedUser

Was just generalizing. People don't have to read world settings. Hell, if I'm told I'm playing a world I don't care about the settings, I just log on and do what I have to do; that's it.

And you play a 1x world like a 2x world?

I think it's necesary to read the settings

DeletedUser

STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS. If you are half decent at Tribal Wars you will know that it's possible to overcome this. If you are half decent at life, you won't give 2 craps about the awards.
Should Player A and B have known about a fault in programing, because of previous experence? - Yes
Did Player A and B take advantage of a fault in programing for their own use? - Yes
Has anything been done other than correcting the fault like compensating other players, removal of advantage gained, or restricting the use of the advantages gained? - NO
It has been stated that over the length of the game this will even out and have no effect. many people "brag" about their accomplishments in Tribal Wars - Conqueror , Score champion, and Daily Awards. Conqueror is already taken as I am sure Score Champion and several Daily awards will also be taken by the two "leaders" of US6.
I know of over 20 people who used that market trade while the ratio was 1:1.2, and probably many more. If the mods banned or reduced ranks 1 and 2 for it, they'd have to do the same for the 20+ others. Each of those players have worked pretty much around the clock since day 1 to get where they're at, and happened to legally use the market ratio.

I have been playing for a couple years now and this is my second world with these benefits. When I went to use the mkt trade, I saw that the ratio was different that I remembered it being but thought nothing of it, especially since Innogames has been on a kick lately to allow people to buy their way to the top. Should I be punished? Because I'm sure the same happened for most others as well.

Also, you're focusing on the top 2 ranks. Most of the top 10 has used the market trade feature multiple times. Ban them as well? It would gain you ranks for it wouldn't it.

This leaves aa bad taste in my mouth. The handling of this has not been correct. The staff is covering their own butts and backing a poor solution behind one of their members. I have spent time and money along with sleepless nights on this "game" but can no longer sit on the sidelines watching while unfair advantages are allowed. Yes over the long run things will even out, but I am in the here and now. And here and now should be the same for everyone, not a select few that do not follow the rules and a staff that does not enforce the rules.
Here and now you're complaining about a matter that has been handled perfectly in my book. Do I like the PP benefits? No. Do I wish those players were at their fair ranks of 100 or less? Yes. Am I gonna complain all day long cause I don't have my way? No.
Now will I drop this matter - just so you can get on with your lives? No, as I still have invested heart and soul playing this "game". I have been told that tribal Wars will suck the soul right out of your body - that it is additive and difficult to quit. What I heard is right. And until the time I can stop thinking about this game I will be angry at the manor in which the staff has handled this situation.
OK. Please keep posting about this. I'll delight in your ban.

DeletedUser

I know players that really could be better then top 2 without using these.

It's not an important problem and we've lost only some days.

DeletedUser329

Two players have abused the "system" and the staff of Innogames have ignored their own rules to allow play to continue with no correction other than to report a "glitch" that has been corrected. This is a play on words - since something has to be corrected then something was wrong with the game program. If it had to be corrected then it can be called glitch, bug, error, or any other term that would cause a program to operate not as intended.
Now, let's examine the players - A) Demona008 - had previous experience in Tribal Wars by playing US4 - B) Dragonfly275 - had previous experience in US1, US2, US3, US4 and US5. while the case may be made that Player A did not have much experience, certainly player B does. After only 6 days of this world being open Player A has 5620 points and 2 villages and Player B has 3204 points and two villages. There are 2962 players in world 6, 2910 of these have point (minimum of 26) while thetope 20 players have under 1000 EXCEPT for the two mentioned above.
In a normal world it takes about 6 days for an average player to obtain a Stable with scouts and Light Cavalry. Then to gather enough resources to build an Academy takes another three weeks because of the support needed (warehouse and farm large enough to provide room for resources). Then building only one Noble along with training requires even more resources and support. A player that devoted long hours to reach this point has spent at least six weeks before being able to attack and capture another village. Both player A and B have done so in SIX DAYS. With past experience both players had to have known something was not right.
According to the rule:

You can be as angry as you like . It doesn't change the fact no-one abused ANYTHING. I could quite easily have said the forum announcement was incorrect and we will keep the 0.8:1 setting.

Nowhere in the rules is anyone expected to read the forum. Infact most players don't even join the forum untill at least months after playing the game.

So really unless you have something substantial to shout about, you are wasting your time.

The server will not be reset. This is not the only time this has occured , it has happneed elsewhere and they recovered.

I regret it wasn't initially set at 1:1 and I'm very sorry for that. However I regret it because I don't want the game to be unbalanced. If I felt the rest of the world would be severely hindered due to this I would also be pushing for something more to be done. However I really don't believe this is the case.

Therefore I am not repeating myself over and over - There will be no reset. The players who used the feature will not be banned.

Any further concerns you have you can send in a ticket or use the thread designated to this. Repeating yourself is not going to change anything.

If you really love the game so much, play another world. No-one is forcing you to stay on W6 if you feel you can't catch up or feel it is unfair.

Regards,

Aliyah.

Status
Not open for further replies.