To Hug or Not to Hug

DeletedUser

I See A Lot of tribes out there seem to like to collect many alliances, or NAP's and try and hug their diplomatic status, as a diplomat, for my tribe, i find that a little strange as most tribes that do that in the long run end up failing, falling apart, or getting nobled by their allies as they have so many:

for example, there was a tribe that at one point in the game had its diplomacy set as this:

Allies
GRA
GRC
NIMBY
Skynet
Pariah
STH
STH2
U.T.G.

Don't attack
CHAOS
NWO
~PHX~
TRBL

As i said earlier these generally fall apart

GRA (Disbanded and GRC attempted to noble them)

GRC (Doesn't exist, currently named: NEWRAW) with few members

Tag:NEWRAW
Number of members:22
Points of the best 30 players76.999

NIMBY

Number of members:29
Points of the best 30 players43.313

(Late starters i believe slow growth)

Skynet

(Thought having a ton of allies would help them, tried to Attack some of the more experienced tribes and ended up paying the price)

Tag:Skynet
Number of members:13
Points of the best 30 players11.909

Pariah (No Longer Exists)

STH

Tag:STH
Number of members:16
Points of the best 30 players13.439
Total points:13.439

(Small with little to no apparent growth)

STH2 (No Longer Exists)

U.T.G.

(Thought having a ton of allies would help them, tried to attack some of the more experienced tribes and ended up paying the price)

Tag:U.T.G.
Number of members:18
Points of the best 30 players28.175
Total points:28.175

CHAOS
NWO
=WK=

All Aligned, and seem to have decent
growth (that being said, growth they gained as a given as they did take in a lot of UTG/GRC/and Skynet members)

So As i said before

''most tribes that do that in the long run end up failing, falling apart, or getting nobled by their allies as they have so many''

And it seems The above 3 benefited from this, but my question is what is the rest of the W21 player opinion on this as a debate would be interesting i think, and it seems the tactics on the us server are very different from the uk, and .net servers, do you think hugging a lot of diplomatic ties is smart or not and what would your reasoning be?

DeletedUser

I'd like to point out that Pariah does still exist, we are AXE now. Went with a name change after a big change in members.

Hugging is nothing new here on the .us servers. Just have to be in one of the few tribes who don't and have fun making the huggers fall apart. Most of them don't actually work together well anyway.

DeletedUser5034

Yes hugging is definately very much alive in the US server however unfortunately I have realised that .net and UK have also increased it a little compared to a few years back.

No need to worry though... at the end of the day only 1 tribe can win and if everyone is hugging from now that means you can expect plenty of lies, betrayal and drama between the huggers, for one of them to come out on top. :)

DeletedUser

I have info from a source that. Tribl family, drink, mayhem and fun all have NAPs with each other

DeletedUser

Seeing as Fun disbanded joining mayhem drink's academy seems accurate, i guess on these servers you only win if you can hug each other:truelove::p maybe that will change but half a world hugging each other is comical, and rather sad :rolleyes:;)

Reaction score
The winners on us servers are the tribes that hug the most effectively. It is not uncommon to see the top 3 tribes allied together. This is just the way of things. Want a nap?

DeletedUser

I think it's sad with all the hugging going on. Its tribalwars not tribalhugs.