Top 25 players

DeletedUser5600

Bones,
how many barbs have you taken right beside me in the past two days? I know of at least 4. Looks like the pot calling the kettle black.

DeletedUser

My pot is always green and orange. :)

But don't worry. I could never usurp the barb nobler kings in TRBL/Savage. You guys have that shit down to a science.

You all have taken 10 times that many around the border. Plus, if you'll notice... I was on a David Bowie kick and I just wanted to use up some nobles and name some more villages... :D

Who doesn't love Bowie?

DeletedUser5600

Well... I do love my bonus barbs! I will say that my OD is decent enough to say that I am much more than that though. Green and orange are ugly bro... I love that blue and gold. As for Bowie, Bon Jovi is more my style...best initials in the music biz!

DeletedUser

I worked with Bon Jovi and Cary Elwes for a few days on a National Lampoons Feature. And Estella Warren... my god! Bon Jovi was a horndog around all them ladies.

A bunch of my ex girlfriends love his music too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@ Bones' post about 'bitching' about church settings -> barb nobling.

I'd like to comment on this one, as one of the biggest barb noblers on this world, I wrote in parts my reasoning for nobling barbs in another post. That was my reasons for doing it to achieve growth.

My points (claim?) are based on the assumption that we can agree on the fact that in a fight between competent players/tribes the issue is very often not to GET the village, but to KEEP it, which the settings on this world makes 10x harder.

The settings:
The discussion regarding the settings on this world that makes barb nobling / clustering so beneficial for fighting should not be focused on the church setting.
The setting that makes clustering so good for a fighting accounts is the "no outside of tribe support"...

Normally, without that setting activated, you can fake with support as well as time support before nobles land, which is almost 100% needed if one does not have multiple villages in short range of the target with a good amount of defensive troops.

This is because you never want to pour the support in over time when the wall is low, and keep getting hit, it's one of the things players get baited into doing so often.

Normally one need only that one really close range village (the one you send noble from + on this world a church), to get a village off good faking and pressure (nuking).
On this world this is not as easy, because you have to send the support after the capture, giving those with a huge amount of close range (clustered villages) a huge advantage.

This game is already favorable to the defender, and this setting just pushes the advantage even further...

My 2 cents, as I feel the focus on the church setting is not good for the discussion about barb nobling, as it's not the main reason a lot of us has done it.

I based a lot of my gameplay on this, AXE was just north-east of where I started with already developed accounts at the time, and they were mostly bullying *******s, so I built to fight them, which now in hindsight might have been a waste since they all (or most) mass deleted...

Cheers.

Edit: English is not my first language, so I might have repeated myself a few times to be sure to get my argument (point) across.

DeletedUser

You kind of nailed my entire point about barb nobling... The game is already set up for the defender to win, but offense builds a lot faster. Nobling barbs in tight clusters on a church world is literally just adding to the length of the world. In the long run, its not going to allow you to gain any sort of real advantage, because you have to move on from that area anyway...

There are plenty of good reasons to noble barbs. What I am talking about are the people who are doing it because they aren't good enough to actually take our villages away, or try to fight with what they have. They dont try to really fight at all. All they do is turtle up and survive for a few months until they get bored and quit.

These kind of players make the game less fun for those of us who are actually trying to take over the world. You wanna make my job last an extra year? Thats cool. I enjoy the fighting. But it makes for a world where everyone ends up quitting because they realize its gonna take way too long, because everyone nobled an extra 2000+ barbs that need to be capped for dominance...

If you like playing the end of a world with only another 20 or so people, because everyone else got bored and left... keep nobling barbs by the dozens...

P.S. I think if we are going to discuss and change the thread onto a new topic such as barb nobling, in the future, with such a long post, Id make a new thread for it. ;)

-Bones

DeletedUser

In the long run, its not going to allow you to gain any sort of real advantage, because you have to move on from that area anyway...

Oh for sure, I'm not talking about having one huge clustered account, that would be counter-productive, but if you have a frontline, there is a good reason to have nobled barbs just so you put the game a bit more in balance (offense-defense)...

And I agree with what you are saying of course, I kind of just wanted to point out that the church, contrary to what is being suggested as the main reason, is not what is the biggest issue/reason why competent players would also be turning to barb nobling on this world. And as such, barb nobling is not really an indicator of skill or lack of it.

While as you say, only barb nobling and little to no ODA (ODA, which is really only an indicator of willingness to attack) would not go under the point of my post, as that is not what I was "defending".

I'll leave it be, just thought it was worth talking about as the forum is pretty dead anyways^_^

Cheers.

DeletedUser5213

13151 has a decent ODA., and looks like he's starting to use his troops now, which I'm sure he has plenty.

Psshhtt, hit BOOM ;).

DeletedUser

AziDahaka has decent ODA., and looks like he's using his troops, which I'm sure he has plenty.

Psshhtt, hit Tact ;D.