Troop Counts?

DeletedUser

I'm nearing being on 15 for a full week now, and wondering what the recommended troop count is. I'm not going to post my numbers or anything, but am curious. How much would the guideline be? In actual units, since cavalry is 4 population per 1 unit.

DeletedUser

Well, that isn't an ellipsis, because an ellipsis is three periods. Four periods... In the thousands but not 10000?

DeletedUser5213

Well if you want to guarantee your survival just build defensive and make yourself a hard target people don't want to waste troops on this early on. If you're ballsy and think you can take out your neighbours do that and build offensive.

DeletedUser

Well if you want to guarantee your survival just build defensive and make yourself a hard target people don't want to waste troops on this early on. If you're ballsy and think you can take out your neighbours do that and build offensive.

Well, The only person that seemed to be active in my 9x9 started before me, but I cleared them as soon as I got LC and now they're a neighbor farm. I don't know what people mean when they refer to having a troop count of say, 1k. I built offensive after reading that it should be done to farm, so my 9x9 has been cleared and is controlled somewhat well, I guess? I don't know if I should keep building LC at this point or work on buildings; I was aiming for 500 LC before 1k points at least.

DeletedUser

Alright. I just don't really know where to go once I started going offensive. I end up farming my 9x9 dry quickly since it's mostly 26 point villages that won't go inactive and become barbs, so they aren't growing at all and take forever to fill back up.

DeletedUser

I'm currently farming out the smaller villages throughout my continent, sending 30 LC to each for a fast full haul. Hopefully I can make it to the top 10 in my continent. I'm currently 29, meh.

DeletedUser4938

Micro farm, or send smaller runs. Spread ur farming a whole lot more. Please don't turtle up, ull eventually be eaten by a more aggressive player.

DeletedUser

Alright. I'm working on HQ so I can get my workshop and whatnot a bit faster; the one guide I read said I should try to starve out the surrounding players in my 9x9, then a larger area until I'm meddling with everyone's farming capabilities and outgrowing my 45x45? x.x I don't think I'll manage that, but my LC are taking longer trips, around 1-2 hours for farming. I'm slooowly creeping up the ranks in my continent; stick in the mid 20's. I'm worried about not having a mil farmed and 700+ points, though D: I have few barbs around, and the guest account villages all over the place aren't abandoned so they don't grow with the barbs.

Edit: There's a person a little ways away from me that's nearly 1k but hasn't even looted 10k yet?

Last edited by a moderator: