troop speed - W72

kamuiz

Reaction score
Greetings!

I would like to suggest that the next world have a higher troop speed, providing more dynamics to farming, wars, and attacks. I have noticed that the speed usually practiced here on the North American server is quite low, always close to 1. Wouldn't it be interesting to run a test with higher speeds, such as 1.8, for example?

Note: I am referring exclusively to troop speed.

RedAlert

Reaction score
Greetings!

I would like to suggest that the next world have a higher troop speed, providing more dynamics to farming, wars, and attacks. I have noticed that the speed usually practiced here on the North American server is quite low, always close to 1. Wouldn't it be interesting to run a test with higher speeds, such as 1.8, for example?

Note: I am referring exclusively to troop speed.
Higher troops speed would mean lower world speed since it is not recommended to have both troops speed and world speed at such comparable levels, it could imbalance the world a lot.

So probably, that's why it's not used a lot, not just here, but in other servers too. Usually, in normal worlds the world speed is bigger than the troops speed, from what I have seen in most of the worlds, in most of the servers (at least the ones I have seen).

Reaction score
Unit speed is almost always exclusively supposed to be an end factor of 1.

If the world speed is 2, unit speed will be .5, if world speed is 1.5, unit speed will be .666

This means the unit speed will always be true 1 with LC traveling at 10 minutes, spears at 18 minutes, rams at 30 minutes and nobles at 35 minutes.

US actually had 2 recent tests, one where true unit speed was .825 and another where true unit speed was 2.475

Both were disasters, where .825 felt mind numbingly slow and 2.475 the world was basically wrapped up within 2 months.

If you want high unit speed, join a high performance world, or a speed world on another server.

The game has been heavily balanced on an intrinsic unit speed of 1, increasing/decreasing that speed has shown to cause multiple issues in both instances that it has happened on normal worlds in this server.