TUTORIAL: Way to start

• Thread starter DeletedUser2444
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Some of us do. Although I think my 3 month one doesn't really count as I only started playing when early-game was almost over...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Some of us do. Although I think my 3 month one doesn't really count as I only started playing when early-game was almost over...

Us? Sorry googly, I wouldn't particularly class you as one of .net's top players ;) (Not on a global scale anyway, there might be some worlds you played on that you were one of the best players on, but I wouldn't personally label you as one of the best on a community-wise level) Though, no, we don't start like this guide is suggesting, though we may join late and benefit from better farming, but we'd still build more intelligently than this guide is suggesting doing.

DeletedUser

By "us", I was referring to top 10 players - which is what the previous two posts were relating to. Of which I am included on a large number of .net worlds previously. I'm not claiming that I am one of the best players on .net, so there is no need to put words in to my mouth :)

I don't believe I was actually commenting stating that this guide was any good either - my comment was entirely about joining late. And the comment was relating to a 3-month late world entry where I ended up getting to rank 5 within a fairly short amount of time. Again, a top 10 player, which was the entire topic of the previous 2 posts ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1464

No.

I've done a lot more calculating than you have in regards to startup - guaranteed.

I've also been rank 1 on more worlds at startup than any other player I have ever met.

1/1/1 mines is not going to cut it for 99.9% of areas.

LOL

I guess you are best tw player...

A sprinter who builds mines LOL....You make me laugh

Nauzhror

Reaction score
LOL

I guess you are best tw player...

A sprinter who builds mines LOL....You make me laugh

Never claimed to be the best TW player, or even best at startup, though I have seen lots of other people claim that I am just that (the startup part anyway, not necessarily the overall best player).

And while I very likely am not the best even at startup I am most certainly better than you or anyone suggesting 1/1/1 mines till nobles.

I've never left mines that low and have been rank 1 on 19 worlds. Go show me someone who stays at 1/1/1 mines and has a better track record. I'm willing to wager that such a person doesn't exist. Do feel free to try and prove me wrong though.

1/1/1 mines is not just bad in my opinion, it is mathematically awful, and that can be proven, it is not opinion. Even in the absolute mathematically perfect farming area 3/1/1 mines gets you enough spears to begin farming faster than 1/1/1 mines does, and if you hit a spike early on when your mines are that low you're massively set back whereas with higher mines you aren't.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

In my opinion (not that im any good at start-up) there is so many variables to how people do at start-up it is hard to say. Im sure people have done well with 1,1,1 but for me personally i have to have at least 4,2,1 at the begining even if im 100% active. Also ive seen Nauz get rank 1 on a countless amount of worlds at the start and if i was going to take advice from anyone about start-up he would be the person i would look to.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
In my opinion (not that im any good at start-up) there is so many variables to how people do at start-up it is hard to say. Im sure people have done well with 1,1,1 but for me personally i have to have at least 4,2,1 at the begining even if im 100% active. Also ive seen Nauz get rank 1 on a countless amount of worlds at the start and if i was going to take advice from anyone about start-up he would be the person i would look to.

4/2/1 is also what I usually build pre-lc, tend to raise iron higher after getting lc though, if I had to guess I'd say 10/7/15 is average for me when I build academy.

DeletedUser

I am for sure not claiming to be good but a few things I noticed on this threads that I though were funny. Going for a 4/3/1 mine is not being a "sprinter". Personally I like going for 5/7/4 mines at early start up. Also why even try arguing with Nauz and googly combined. One will pick your words to bits while the other uses facts and calculations and his own previous stats showing he knows what he is doing. Also in my opinion startup for all players is different. There are no set rules. Well I take that back. There are some things not to do but not really things you HAVE to follow. All players feel free to pick this message apart and comment on the nooby mistakes im sure to have made :p

DeletedUser

A bit more effort into resource pits should be a priority especially in BP.

DeletedUser1464

Never claimed to be the best TW player, or even best at startup, though I have seen lots of other people claim that I am just that (the startup part anyway, not necessarily the overall best player).

And while I very likely am not the best even at startup I am most certainly better than you or anyone suggesting 1/1/1 mines till nobles.

I've never left mines that low and have been rank 1 on 19 worlds. Go show me someone who stays at 1/1/1 mines and has a better track record. I'm willing to wager that such a person doesn't exist. Do feel free to try and prove me wrong though.

1/1/1 mines is not just bad in my opinion, it is mathematically awful, and that can be proven, it is not opinion. Even in the absolute mathematically perfect farming area 3/1/1 mines gets you enough spears to begin farming faster than 1/1/1 mines does, and if you hit a spike early on when your mines are that low you're massively set back whereas with higher mines you aren't.

1/1/1 till nobles hell no.
But all i can say is that tutorials that I see in UK, US and NET are weak
best sprint tutos that i see is in BR and PT
but if you dont agree next world i can make you agree ;)

DeletedUser1093

All tutorials are weak. There are far too many variables for a guide to show the 'best' way to play in most situations, let alone all.

Guides can point you in the right direction but you have to be able to think on your feet.

DeletedUser

+1 right there. Truthfully the best way to learn is to experience it for yourself (with an experienced co player). The only guides you need are T-Train, sniping, backtiming, and stuff like that.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

I wouldn't class any tutorial as "good", very much including the one I wrote 2-3 years ago that has since been spread around by lots of other people.

I also was not suggesting raising mines high early, I was initially arguing against 1/1/1 because 3/1/1 and 4/2/1 are both better in all circumstances.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't class any tutorial as "good", very much including the one I wrote 2-3 years ago that has since been spread around by lots of other people.

I would actually argue this - I would say that some tutorials, if done properly and explain what people should be thinking about before making decisions as opposed to what they should do as a step by step basis, they can be helpful enough to be considered "good".

Obviously nothing like what experience and common sense would do for you, but still would be more help than hindrance.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I would actually argue this - I would say that some tutorials, if done properly and explain what people should be thinking about before making decisions as opposed to what they should do as a step by step basis, they can be helpful enough to be considered "good".

Obviously nothing like what experience and common sense would do for you, but still would be more help than hindrance.

Well, yeah, I more meant "good" as in no guide is going to magically turn you into a top-tier player.

DeletedUser

Hi everyone.

As you know I´m not American and I need help to write this tutorial. If someone correct my work. - Done by u6s5l.

For this I ask the support to change this topic to put without any errors! - Request fulfilled.

Thank you!

------//------

This gameplay style should be used by a person with a lot of time, or one with co-player(s). Build in this order:

1. Statue

2. Timber, Clay, Iron lvl1

3. Village Headquarters to lvl3

4. Barracks

5. Warehouse 2 -> market 1. Put an offer on the market for your iron, to save it for light cavalry.

6. Build 65 spear fighters. Attack one village with 35 spears and the other with 30+paladin, if they're clear.

7. When the warehouse of one of your farms fills up, build 103 spear fighters and attack like this: 34+34+34+paladin (which leaves the farm's warehouse with almost nothing).
When you scout a farm and the resources are almost empty, attack like this:
Make sure to have a smithy, create 20 swordsman and attack with 10 spearman+2 swordsman as needed.

8. HQ->10 Barracks->5 Smithy->5

9. Stable->3

10. Research Scout and Light Cavalry.

11. Build 10 Scouts and create as many light cavalry as you can
Attack the barbarian villages with 1 light cavalry and a scout to see how many resources there are in the village, and keep increasing the number of light cavalry in the meantime.
Keep checking the number of resources of the village to see how many light cavalry you need to attack.

12. During the last day of the beginner protection, create 200-300 axe units to clean your neighbors.

13. Now, you're on your own. You can do many things...rush an academy, build up your village, create resources through building your mines (something I don´t like)...

P.S: Be sure to upgrade warehouse and farm as you need.
When your stable is at lvl 5/6 and your barracks are at lvl 7/8, build the workshop to create rams.
When your stable is at lvl 14/16 and your barracks at lvl 18/20 it's time to build your noble.
Remember:
Your stable and your barracks should be working 24 hours a day.

P.P.S: Don´t lose troops in the beginning. It will put you in a bad position.

P.P.P.S: When you aren't online, do a "night dodge". That means for you to send your troops far away by attacking a village that's far away from you when you're not online, so the troops can't be killed.

Have a nice game!
I Agree till step 5
If you want to farm efficiently you better farm in much smaller groups.
I farm with 2 spear and 2 sword per village, it's kind a micro-farming but it's very effective. Also it's much better just to send your paladin alone, he goes much faster.

Then you have to create +- 80 spears
Then you have to rush lc
If you are in the possibility you have to farm players also(if they have 26 points, it's sure they won't have any troops)

Next just farm every village with 1 scout and 1 lc and pown the world :D
If you are a lot online, you don't have to upgrade a lot of resources because it takes to much time. Just keep making lc and axes also and keep farming :)

This is indeed a very good hint
IrreverentAngel said:
Remember:
Your stable and your barracks should be working 24 hours a day.

Good luck :cool: