Virus coming in through TW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

NO Virus' have come through Tribalwars.net or Tribalwars.us.

I suggest those affected check their anti virus as they are not coming through Tribalwars.

It was a harmless one, if that helps? Sadly, you cannot tell me my virus didn't come through tribalwars... this is how it went;

I got out of bed, a virus scan started on its own (full body scan). Nothing was found. I came back some half an hour later to a nice clean computer. I logged into tribalwars and used some scripts for incomings, wrote in the forums a bit, I went off to make a cuppa tea (Damn british!), came back to find my computer flashing with some trojan.gen. If not tribalwars, the only website I'd visited after doing a full body scan, then what?

I apologise if you're offended by this, I am not making any fuss about it, I am not shouting at Inno or tw, I am to be honest not bothered. It was easily removed and fixed before damage was done.

If you have an alternative explanation, feel free!
(The virus was not there before the scan)

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Such malware is often served through google adsense. Never personally had a problem though so I'd recommend the people who have to perhaps switch to a better form of antivirus.

Drive-by-downloads or installations though aren't typically possible unless you actually click on the ads.

DeletedUser

Such malware is often served through google adsense. Never personally had a problem though so I'd recommend the people who have to perhaps switch to a better form of antivirus.

Drive-by-downloads or installations though aren't typically possible unless you actually click on the ads.

It wasn't an issue for me, as I managed to get rid of it before the damage was done. (I believe...) And I have premium, so no adds in game. I also didn't visit any other websites on my transit to tribalwars... I open my browser, it opens a blank tab automatically. Then I have a bar on top of my browser with my fave's saved, I clicked Tribalwars, and presto. Log in, 10 minutes in, Norton flashes like <Insert bannable phrase>.

Though, I do not disbelieve Aliyah, as if she's already conducted a search, I must be mistaken,. Though you cannot fault my assumption.

DeletedUser2069

Perhaps the script you used was hosted threw another site? which allowed whatever to happen happen

DeletedUser

Perhaps the script you used was hosted threw another site? which allowed whatever to happen happen

I don't believe I clicked one, though I could be wrong. But this isn't my issue, my virus didn't come through .US :)

DeletedUser2069

You said you used some scripts for in comings which I believe most of those are hosted by outside sites from Tribalwars. That is why I said the script may of allowed it. I honestly dont know its just a thought is all.

Maybe someone just slipped a roffy in your tea

DeletedUser

You said you used some scripts for in comings which I believe most of those are hosted by outside sites from Tribalwars. That is why I said the script may of allowed it. I honestly dont know its just a thought is all.

Maybe someone just slipped a roffy in your tea

Ohh yes, So I did. I am just speaking gibberish >.> Ignore meh!

Regardless, I had a virus, through script or tribalwars... However, It was sorted, no issue :)

DeletedUser

Could just be a coincindence, if this happens again to anybody i recommended using Microsoft secruity essentials instead of paying out for antivirus products (Norton etc). Works just as well/even better, its free, Takes up a tiny amount compared to private antivirus companies.

DeletedUser329

you cannot tell me my virus didn't come through tribalwars...[/SIZE][/B]

I have it on good authority that it isn't possible and if in the unlikely instance it did happen someone would be aware of it. We have had no such notification or alert .
I can say with certainty you didn't receive your virus through .net and if any virus were to come through Tribalwars we would be aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.