W50 settings - what the people want

Im not Crazy Henkie.

Reaction score
We all want a nice W50, and therefore we took some important settings and sent out a survey. Here are the results:

Diagram met antwoorden op het Formulier. Titel van de vraag: World speed. Aantal antwoorden: 74 antwoorden.
World speed: 80% wants a world with speed 1.5-2. I think whatever is inbetween should be good!

Diagram met antwoorden op het Formulier. Titel van de vraag: Watchtower. Aantal antwoorden: 74 antwoorden.
Watchtower: 65% does not want a watchtower, which is the majority of the votes. I think that besides that, a milestone world without a watchtower would be way cooler.

Diagram met antwoorden op het Formulier. Titel van de vraag: Tribe limit. Aantal antwoorden: 74 antwoorden.
Tribe limit: The majority would like a 15 person tribe limit

Diagram met antwoorden op het Formulier. Titel van de vraag: Church. Aantal antwoorden: 74 antwoorden.
Pretty clear: Noone wants a church

Diagram met antwoorden op het Formulier. Titel van de vraag: Premium features. Aantal antwoorden: 74 antwoorden.
This is the difficult one: The premium features. 50% would like to see a no-PP world, 20% partially (so that it can not be abused to full extend) and 30% does not mind a PP world. Therefore I think that we can conclude that a non-PP world would be very cool but it could be acceptable if it is not possible for Innogames to arrange this. I think giving the community a PP-free world would be very good because everyone will appreciate Innogames for it, which might be beneficial for future worlds where PP features are actually active, but that is my opinion.

So in summary:
- Speed 1,5-2
- No watchtower
- Tribe limit 15
- No church
- PP features inactive would be nice, but if not possible I think we can still make a nice world!

@kawoni I would appreciate it if you can take a look at it.

For the rest, 74 people voted so this is not the whole server ofcourse, please leave a like and comment if you agree or if you want to share your thoughts!

Thanks

Reaction score
Hello!

I think some there voted like they think is a High Performance server.

But we could come to an agreement, or a middle situation.
--------
If our dear @kawoni would like to give us
- 1.4-1.8 speed - not too fast not too slow :)
- no church - very complicated to begginers and new release on Steam will for sure populate this server a bit.
- no watchtower - The new players register for an Epic Hardcore PvP strategy. In my opinion this setting will increase the quality of attacks and OPs. And new playerbase will find more fun.
- all "hardcore" players choose NO PP.
But in My opinion is wrong.
The new wave of players will be easy targets, and to scare 'em wouldnt be good.
New players should enjoy events and have their first contact with a normal world.
- tribe limit 15-20 should be reasonable :)
Im afraid that the creme will all gather in one huge tribe, but they already do anyway.
And if there are new guys in my area i will surely take them in :)
- 100 ms gap - standard.

I wish u all well!

Reaction score
I still don't think New players would enjoy a world without watchtower.

It's quite hilarious to see how easily players... even those who boast their world win banners with pride fall to non-watchtower catapults and timed incomings.

No steam player is going to be interested in a continued venture on this server if they get 100+ timed incomings or catapult attacks which they wouldn't be able to even assume/guess or see what type of attack it may be headed towards them.

Reaction score
I disagree with you Steve :)

In order to get 100+ incs means you already have some villages, and for a first world new players should have take a bite of what an OP is and make them want to be the agresor. And with that they will join next W because they already understand somewhere the game and will look for active tribes.

I think no wt will increase the quality of the game.
W48 for example is a continue boredom.
WT, fake limit and 200 ms gap.

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
- all "hardcore" players choose NO PP.
But in My opinion is wrong.
The new wave of players will be easy targets, and to scare 'em wouldnt be good.

I'd only disagree with this part of the post, most playing now are only used to playing PP worlds and have already got PP ranging from 10k, 20k to over 100k.

A no PP world is more balanced for newer players unless they're pushed into spending on PP to keep up on a game they've only just joined to play, which for new players on a game they've never played before seems unbeneficial when there's players around years who complain about accounts out spending and say it ruins the game. If players around for years say that, new players won't stick around for long.

1. They buy, build quickly, get rimmed and don't play again.
2. Most haven't played no PP so it's new to a lot that play worlds continously these days anyway so it's more balanced regardless of other settings.

Reaction score
We've seen how many people wanted no PP world and when .US got it it barely had players on it :))

I know for sure that will mean a wasteland.
I know for sure a lot of players wont even log in and Grow a vill to 3k without chance to sell PP.

And for real you seen me without PP on w46.
Was rank 5 at a time while barely logging.
New players will have a better chance against PP boosted bonobos than against on experienced, hardcore players.

I dont think .US deserve a no PP world.
If you want High Performance go to .net
It aint called High Performance because is noob friendly.

Reaction score
I dont know if u watched the quarantine NoPP round.
It was lucky to have 2 vill at start that boosted map growth.

And for sure noobs will love playing against god know what country family of botters:)))

SplitPersonality

Reaction score
The high performance round was a 2 village boosted start no? Basically kicked out all of the amusement of a no PP world without having to do the start up. I'm not sure what speed it was but with HP I'm assuming it was 3speed so 2 villa start and 3 speed, not much fun imo.

I'm not sure who is or who isn't botting, merely no PP is more balanced and the points been made repeatedly by longer term accounts let alone new ones.

With that said I can't see 50 being no PP and can see it being a big place to make PP lol

Reaction score
End of the day the odds of a non pp world happening ever again on the US server is slim to none outside of HP or classic worlds. The worlds end up being smaller naturally from players not being able to sell, or buy res. Then a huge number quit early once they realize they can't farm as well as they think they can when they normally buy res to get LC going during start up.

Most these "veteran players" can't farm as it is on a normal world during start up. W49 showed that. Outside of one player me and kyle kept #2 farmer of the day total for 4 days after we quit building troops and started pp farming.

So I have no doubt a no pp world would likely never happen when you combined the fact that Inno is trying to make money and non-pp worlds are naturally smaller than all others. The rest of the settings above I agree with outside I would even push tribe limit to 20.

Using W48 and W49 as an example.

W48 top two tribes both have family tribes on a 20 member limit world.
W49 most top tribes have a family tribe on a 15 member limit world.

So why encourage family tribes by having smaller member limits? I get it tribes will do it anyways but I will always be against small tribes on the US server because all the "veteran" players who want smaller tribes on this server are always the players leading tribes with family tribes haha.

Deleted User - 419875

World will be announced and set up soon. Hope everyone is ready, I will say we won some and lost some but should be some what decent for you all that asked for it. W50 will be no PP world for sure. The rest of the settings will follow in a few hours give or take a few hours.. LOL.

Reaction score
World will be announced and set up soon. Hope everyone is ready, I will say we won some and lost some but should be some what decent for you all that asked for it. W50 will be no PP world for sure. The rest of the settings will follow in a few hours give or take a few hours.. LOL.

:eek: