why !

DeletedUser

You are not allowed to upload animated images for signatures or avatars. Some mods have it as per a previous update that allowed it, but no regular users can.

DeletedUser

Animated images are resource intensive, and with enough of them on a page (even just in avatars) it can slow the loading of a page down drastically. Whilst it isn't seen much on TW (due to the rule) there are other forums that I am on that allow the use of animated avatars, and even with a 10 mbp/s ethernet optic fibre broadband connection I still found it took the pages far longer to load than anything else.

As Tribal Wars is available to all we do our best to cater to everyone, from someone with a slow connection, to those with a super fast connection. Hence why we don't allow the use of animated images. (FYI using the media bb code to embed videos to your posts does the same as animated gifs, there is a thread on .uk that takes up to 30 seconds to load for me as it is just full of videos!).

On this the .us server all moderators have rights to use animated avatars only, however few actually utilise that option.