Winter Event 2012

DeletedUser

Some questions that I want to answer quickly:

- Vikings DO give OD
- Viking villages spawn resources for everyone
- The troop stats for vikings are not going to be communicated (and are unknown to the team even)
- Amount of fur needed to get a bonus differs between players, based on individual calculations.
- As far as I know, furs are respawned 'immediately'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3007

if i used a bonus from furs, does this effect all villages?

DeletedUser

Yes, a bonus (buff) is for all villages. The buff (like haul buff) will only work for new commands

DeletedUser3007

what are the vikings defensive stats? vs cavalry and all that

DeletedUser329

Vikings have a reputation of being fierce warriors capable of wielding whatever weapon they can get their hands on, but little else is known. Several engagements may be necessary if their strengths and weaknesses are to be discovered.
The information is not available, but part of the discovery!

DeletedUser3007

i understand... they can be axes spears or whatever..

next question, after a camp is cleared do the vikings reappear?

ANSWER

yes they replenish slowly, looks like set amount per hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3007

so many questions.. for a buff, you only get bonuses for new troops or new buildings for 10 hour period. if you put something in q that is after the 10 hour time, will the bonus still take affect?

for example

lets say i have a lvl 30 farm just started. then i get the buff to reduce my building time. the bonus only goes to the next building, but since its after the 10 period, would it still be reduced? same for troops, if i have 30 hours in my q and put more in, after the 10 hours do they go back to normal recruit time? if so i don't see much point to this lol.

DeletedUser329

i understand... they can be axes spears or whatever..

next question, after a camp is cleared do the vikings reappear?

Yes

so many questions.. for a buff, you only get bonuses for new troops or new buildings for 10 hour period. if you put something in q that is after the 10 hour time, will the bonus still take affect?

for example

lets say i have a lvl 30 farm just started. then i get the buff to reduce my building time. the bonus only goes to the next building, but since its after the 10 period, would it still be reduced? same for troops, if i have 30 hours in my q and put more in, after the 10 hours do they go back to normal recruit time? if so i don't see much point to this lol.

It only applies to items added to the queue during the active bonus.
You would need to activate the bonus before adding the farm to the queue.

DeletedUser3007

yes i understand that part...
but if already have a farm in q and it takes another 15 hours to complete, then the next building i put on gets the bonus factor. but after the 10 hours is up, would the time for the next building go back to normal since it is still in q?

also with troops, if i have 30 hours q troops, and recruit more with the buff, these troops won't be recruited for another 30 hours. would the bonus time drop since it ended?

thanks aliyah

DeletedUser329

yes i understand that part...
but if already have a farm in q and it takes another 15 hours to complete, then the next building i put on gets the bonus factor. but after the 10 hours is up, would the time for the next building go back to normal since it is still in q?

also with troops, if i have 30 hours q troops, and recruit more with the buff, these troops won't be recruited for another 30 hours. would the bonus time drop since it ended?

thanks aliyah

Sorry, and yes the bonus will continue if the items were placed in the queue whist the bonus was active.
So no the bonus time would not 'drop'.
Hope this helps.

DeletedUser3007

yes that is awesome thanks a lot.

and sorry with the 21 questions but its what you do right? :p

the haul bonus.. does this factor in the amount sent for C farming?
for example, if i need 100 lc to clear a village normally, would C farming send 30% less troops? this may be a tough one :p
have to go on ur test world and see maybe.

DeletedUser329

yes that is awesome thanks a lot.

and sorry with the 21 questions but its what you do right? :p

the haul bonus.. does this factor in the amount sent for C farming?
for example, if i need 100 lc to clear a village normally, would C farming send 30% less troops? this may be a tough one :p
have to go on ur test world and see maybe.

This should be accounted for.

DeletedUser

"the haul bonus.. does this factor in the amount sent for C farming?
have to go on ur test world and see maybe."

If it is mathematically correct, you would be sending a shade over 3/4 as many troops.

Let N be the number of troops sent, H be the haul capacity you normally get, and A be the amount of resources to haul. The formula is N * H = A. Solving for the number needed gives N = A / H. If we increase by 30%, the original formula is N * H * 1.3 = A. Solving for N again gives N = A / H / 1.3. It doesn't matter what A or H are, since they are the same both times, so the new N = the old N / 1.3, which is around 77%. So if you needed to send 100 before, send 77 when it's active.

DeletedUser329

I'm assuming that 'new commands' means commands done after the buff was activated?

Yes

"the haul bonus.. does this factor in the amount sent for C farming?
have to go on ur test world and see maybe."

If it is mathematically correct, you would be sending a shade over 3/4 as many troops.

Let N be the number of troops sent, H be the haul capacity you normally get, and A be the amount of resources to haul. The formula is N * H = A. Solving for the number needed gives N = A / H. If we increase by 30%, the original formula is N * H * 1.3 = A. Solving for N again gives N = A / H / 1.3. It doesn't matter what A or H are, since they are the same both times, so the new N = the old N / 1.3, which is around 77%. So if you needed to send 100 before, send 77 when it's active.

Well thankfully you don't have to do that every command, as it should be accounted for within FA :)