World 1 will be updated to 7.0: Discussion

DeletedUser

Yeah its easier but it takes away from what made this game so fun to play... strategy.... just my opinion but it does pretty much everything for you..

i remember back in the day you had to do pretty much everything yourself. which made things ten times harder and ten times more fun when you were successful.

DeletedUser

Update

Here to post my thoughts about the new update,

I'll admit that most of the time it will take some time to adjust to a upgrade. But i am not really pleased about the update. In this i mean the visual stuff and major changes in where items are standing.

We've all been used to the old version and i don't think it is a good thing to change the entire setting. I admit that the visual stuff looks better but its not making the TW better to use. Normally you would see in a quick vieuw where you should be. Because of the changes and colours i think this is not upgrading the way of playing.

The pictures in the reports look nice but are not important, i think they are going to be a bit annoying if you'll get used to them. Personally i don't want to see pictures but only results of battle.

Then to be a little possitive to :), i do like the 'dragging' part on the tw MAP, that is very usefull.

I've just seen this update a little bit so.... my opinion might change a bit, if that happends i am sure to post this.

I understand that someone will not like my message :), but you've asked a opinion, and i'll try to be fair with motivation.

I hope there is a way to set the old grafics back,

Corsleutel
~AD~ property

DeletedUser

The pictures in the reports look nice but are not important, i think they are going to be a bit annoying if you'll get used to them. Personally i don't want to see pictures but only results of battle.

Go to Settings and set "Classic graphics" to a yes (tick)

I hope there is a way to set the old grafics back

This can be done by going to:

Settings > Path for CSS file = "/oldstyle.css"

Note: All 7.0 features will stay the same, only the style will be returned.

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot!,

a little question, there is no way to set the location of the mail/forum etc. back to the original locations?

Corsleutel
~AD~ property

DeletedUser

I don't play US w1, but I am going to give some feedback here as to the updates (as they will be the same as the ones on .net).

Positives:

Better Map options. By this I mean:
- Being able to show 20x20 or 30x30 grids, as opposed to 15x15 grid (the old highest setting), which helps a fair amount.
- Scrolling map.
- Being able to make notes on villages.
- Being able to highlight specific villages.

War Section.
- Great addition to the game.

Notebook.
- The tabs is a useful feature.

Quickbar.
- Having scripts centralised on each line is brilliant imo.

Negatives:

- Slower loading time. Not just me, but several others too.

- Overview. It used to be nice being able to see when the tribe profile/overview gets changed. But with the diplomacy markings showing up every time it gets changed, it spams the Overview up, which is really annoying when a lot of the time this is for marking, and in new tribes especially this just gets people saying "why do we have an NAP/alliance with this tribe?" or "we can't war them :S" on the internal forums.

Account Manager.
- Trying to scrounge more money out of us when we are paying possibly £4 a month ($5-$6) already. Asking for double that for extra stuff is rediculous, in my opinion.
- Mass Recruitment system seems stupid. Scripts do this fine, and tribalwars would lose 100s of players if they blocked those scripts, or made them illegal. Why have that as an extra feature when scripts the same sort of thing already?
- Automatic Building. This appears to be breaking previous rules set by the staff (at least on .net). I am confused as to why this is now a feature, when previously scripts were not allowed to do this.
- Automatic trading routes. Most people wouldn't use this, I wouldn't have thought. I'm always sending to different villages, so it seems pointless to me.

- Non Quick-Bar layouts. The top was better before it got changed. I also dislike the friends bit at the bottom.

- Pictures. Although this is able to be removed, it is just a real pain imo.

On a side note, the start-up thing causes major lag until it gets closed. Which I would like to see fixed.

A lot more negatives than positives from the update, in my opinion.

and where the heck are friends?
Bar at the very bottom.

DeletedUser548

I mostly want the "Overviews" menu back in the same place :S

Otherwise then that and the rest of the menu changes, (And the village options on the map) I don't mind 7.0

DeletedUser

I like V7.0 except for AM. But no one really cares what I like.