World 22 Newsletter

DeletedUser707

World 22 Newsletter

In this newsletter I will have an update on the current war going on in W22. Along with an Interview with one of the top tribes dukes. Along with a couple other extra stuff I have put together on the side. I hope you guys enjoy it and please leave suggestions below as I plan to make this a month thing if possible. So your suggestion will only make it better every month. With that said, if you would like to do an Interview with me please apply. No requirements are needed, the goal is to let the world know what kind of players are playing on W22 with the interview.

Updated War Stats&Maps

Here is updated war stats, and map of the current war on W22 (If there are more wars going on, please update me and I will update the newsletter)

Screen_Shot_2016_01_28_at_10.png

Side 1:
Tribes: NL², NL³
Side 2:
Tribes: NDH, NDT, No Way, SALT, NoSalt, APOC

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 32
Side 2: 45
Difference: 13

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 186,167
Side 2: 252,939
Difference: 66,772

chart

Interview with Brockasmith

1)What is your history, what worlds you played, any success leading tribes in the past?

1. I have been playing since fall of 2008 or 2009 when Gingerageous introduced me to the game during college. I started playing on .Net around w13 and played until w67. During that time, I had stints as a co-player on the German and Croatian servers. I didn't start playing on .US until w17. I used w19, w20, and w21 to farm PP while we finished up w17 where the tribe I was in won and I took 11th after starting several months into the world. It was a blast and I met a lot of great ppl.

I've been Duke or Baron of tribes several dozen times--most of them ending in disaster haha! The last few worlds I've played have ended pretty well, though.

2)what were your expectations for W22 when you started this world, vs what the expectations are now mid game?

2. When NL3 entered w22, we had a chip on our shoulder. Roughly 15 of the w17 winners from Blaze formed a new tribe. We did something special on w17. We had an alliance that lasted 2/3rds of the world and we merged together for a peaceful victory. It's the first world I've played where one of the two tribes didn't backstab the other. Decept was an honorable ally.

In addition to the 15, we recruited another 20 top-tier players that we had played w on other worlds and servers. About 20 of the original 35 are left, and it's fun leading a tribe of veterans that don't require a lot of maintenance. They make me look better than I am every day.

For w22, we wanted to take a different path. We wanted to fight the biggest baddest guy around. So we've done that from day one. We've declared on the rank #2 tribe twice (different ones), and a couple other top 10 tribes.

My expectations are the same. We want to win the world through conquest not hugs.

3) What would be some advise you would give to a new comer who is looking to lead a tribe for the first time. How would you advise him leadership wise.

3. Be honorable, be honest with your tribe and others, and maintain TW best practices when it comes to things like Barb Nobling. Respect other tribes, their players and their leaders. Keep the good and active players, teach those that aren't but want to be, and build friendships with your tribe. NL3 is successful because we've become friends. I've talked to many of them every day for more than a year. That's awesome. Great TW tribes build a family. Focus on that. If you have veteran players, treat them like it. They know what thy are doing, get out of their way.

Second: if you or your tribe is going down in a world, Make sure it hurts the person taking you down. Stack. Snipe. Pre-noble. Re-noble until you have 0 troops left. When it's over, congratulate and thank your opponent.

4) If you could pick any four players on the US server to do a 5v5 match with who would they be?

4. This is really hard because I've played with a lot of the great players on this server. I think the four I would draft are Sweeney, DanEx, Pelinjo, Gingerageous.

There's a lot of runner ups though: takis240, poisonous, rapscillo, aminimouse, so.simple, warmonster, joshen, Baron Sacha, digs, dangyouashy, etc. I'd play any world with them any time.

5) Lastly tell the world about yourself, give us some interesting facts that only players in your tribe would know about you. Give W22/US server a little insight into your world.

5. I'm a 27 year old Roman Catholic husband and father of two boys (2 and 1), and am an attorney for a venture capital fund in the Midwest. We have investments in more than 50 high growth start-ups that I love. I own a small eCommerce company, and work as a local political advisor. My days are normally long and my nights are longer. I blow off steam by sniping trains, cat nuking villages, and drinking scotch. I look forward to meeting those of you I don't know in a future world. Say hi.

Top Ten Opponents Defeated

001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is a great read! I'd love to see this become a monthly thing, it really captures what happened in the world for when players look back.

DeletedUser707

I will be happy to make this a monthly thing as long as players in W22 take part in it. I will need a new player to interview every month. So start talking to your friends in game, tell them to visit the forums and if they think they have an interesting story to tell to contact me for an interview :)

~ Jimmy

DeletedUser

Maybe interview a leader of NDH if they will do it. NoobBeGone is pretty well spoken. Also I'd be fine if this was bi-monthly in case things don't change quick enough for it to be monthly. Definitely would like to see this continue though.

DeletedUser707

If someone messages him in game and gives him my skype, or get me his skype I would be happy to interview him.