World ending/World2 questions

DeletedUser

When is a world over and how does that usually progress? Does the world just fill up and one alliance dominates like 80% of the world and its over? I'm sure there are a lot of crazy things that can lead up to that though.

Will most people keep playing both worlds when world 2 starts or do a lot quit world 1? Thanks for any input.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
When is a world over and how does that usually progress? Does the world just fill up and one alliance dominates like 80% of the world and its over?

Generally, yes, that is how a world is closed/ended. To date only one world (on an English server) has been closed, that world is W12 on .net and it was open for approximately three years before closing.

DeletedUser

oh cool, so i guess there is time to catch up then in world 1, never would have imagined they go for that long.

DeletedUser

I'm about to break top 100 and I started on September 16th, world 1 opened in late May/early june. You have plenty of time

DeletedUser

Closing of worlds

We're also aware that a lot of players are interested in how worlds end or are won and so would like to explain a little more about that.

Stage 1:

Once a world has roughly less than 1000 players, we run a survey to see if players would like half price coins/packets.

Stage 2:

When the world reaches less than 500 players we run a second survey with the option to reduce coin/packet costs further to 1/3rd of the standard cost.

Stage 3:

When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination* we will start the endgame phase. This involves closing the world to new registrations (if not already done), preventing players from starting over after being conquered and reducing coin/packet coins to 25% of the standard cost.

We then give the winning tribe three months to either finish by eliminating all opposition and thus end the world early (DNY did this) otherwise the world will be closed and whichever tribe has the most points will be declared the winner. If players wish for a world to continue past the 3 months, the dominating tribe must split up into smaller, warring factions.

We will be starting the end game phase on another world by the end of this month.

* domination - Percentage of player owned villages owned by a tribe.

The above is a rough idea of how worlds end on the .net server, and could apply here as well. As you can see, W1 is not even close :).

DeletedUser

Well, UK7/NET54 are announced... we're still waiting. :p W53/W6 came out too........ I think W52 too in that period

DeletedUser

And US2 hasn't even been announced while W54/W7 just got announced.............................................................

Nauzhror

Reaction score
This is what W12 looked like at the end...

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=78917

This world is also closed and will be finished within a week I hope. Under 100 villages left to be nobled. I know cause I played here from the start. It took us a little over 2 years to finish this one I believe.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=102268

W27's a different beast though, as soon as people were able to leave tribes the decent players basically all joined the same tribe.

DeletedUser

W27 isn't even comparable to W12. Firstly the size of it is not even on the same scale - whereas W12 filled all 99 continents. That world will be closing soon unless any major changes occur. Other worlds are closing because they are dominated by 4 allies - that in my books doesn't warrant the closure, its ridiculous. Fight to the end or don't claim to be world winners like most of them are. If I was in any of the other world winning tribes than DNY (which) I was - I would be embarrassed.

Anyway W2 will have identical settings to UK7 and EN54.

DeletedUser

Most of world 12 was barbs, look at the maps, 90% of some continents were just players that quit, I wouldn't really brag about world 12.

Rednecks is still a terrible player and he got rank 1 at the end.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
W27 isn't even comparable to W12. Firstly the size of it is not even on the same scale - whereas W12 filled all 99 continents.

There's 100 continents, not 99.

RatedRR said:
That world will be closing soon unless any major changes occur. Other worlds are closing because they are dominated by 4 allies - that in my books doesn't warrant the closure, its ridiculous. Fight to the end or don't claim to be world winners like most of them are. If I was in any of the other world winning tribes than DNY (which) I was - I would be embarrassed.

W27 is closing the same way W12 did, not through any sort of alliances. Shadow has all od the top 44 players, and control 22.19% of the world's villages. That doesn't sound like much but when W12 closed DNY only had 27.57% of W12's villages (the rest were abandoned).

RatedRR said:
Anyway W2 will have identical settings to UK7 and EN54.

Funny enough you flamed me for stating that very thing about a week ago.

DeletedUser

It'll be the same basic.

I'm fairly sure innogames is intelligent, considering they have built quite an empire of games to this date, so they will not make it a church (as uk7 and en54), seeing as the first world was a church on .us

DeletedUser

But there are also worlds opening with other config which are not speed 1 for instance... I think nothing is sure and I like it that way...

Wish you all well