Top 20 Tribes

DeletedUser

Already have a top players thread, might as well get a top tribe going :)

35w9_zps659d3ea3.png

DeletedUser3744

.V. came from casual world. Most of their players are excellent first-stage tw players. Almost all tribes in the top 20 are good in that way. It will be interesting (like all worlds) to see which tribes, if any, can excel in the mid stage of the game when fighting is more of a component.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
.V. came from casual world. Most of their players are excellent first-stage tw players. Almost all tribes in the top 20 are good in that way.

I don't think most of the current top 20 tribes have players that are good at startup. Most of them are likely recruiting players based solely on their amount of points as opposed to how much they're farming or how many troops they have.

A much better indicator in my opinion is which tribes have the most ODD at this stage.

That might seem silly, but the only way to have ODD at this stage is to have done the dodge quest, and generally speaking the players that reach that quest the earliest are building things in the proper order for long-term growth as opposed to very short-term growth.

DeletedUser3744

I don't think most of the current top 20 tribes have players that are good at startup. Most of them are likely recruiting players based solely on their amount of points as opposed to how much they're farming or how many troops they have.

A much better indicator in my opinion is which tribes have the most ODD at this stage.

That might seem silly, but the only way to have ODD at this stage is to have done the dodge quest, and generally speaking the players that reach that quest the earliest are building things in the proper order for long-term growth as opposed to very short-term growth.

That's a good point. I guess i assumed if one was high in points this early in the game it meant they were good at micro-farming as it takes resources to build those villas :)

DeletedUser

If you've done the dodge quest means you've actually created swordmen - which is for most stronger players at startup a pity of all the iron it asks. This will in most cases slow you down when going for a large amount of light cavalry in order to be able to farm when the BP ends. If you've got the largest amount of LC in that stage, you will be able to get all the resources from all the player-owned villages the quickest, which means you'll get a better position (since you are able to build more LC and farm a lot more) than most other players.

Don't get me wrong - farming is not the essence of the game. But it's the thing that gets ya higher in the leaderboards in the first nobling phase.

This is actually why I think that the rankings at this particular moment won't show what a player can achieve. ;)
The stronger farmers will after some time get up to the players who are just going for a quick rush to the academy - who have normally most points in startup until +- 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
If you've done the dodge quest means you've actually created swordmen - which is for most stronger players at startup a pity of all the iron it asks. This will in most cases slow you down when going for a large amount of light cavalry in order to be able to farm when the BP ends.

I disagree. Spears are not able to farm effectively on their own because they die at 0 luck unless you send at least 32. As such you need axes or swords to send along with them to split them up into smaller farming parties. Axes are fairly expensive to research, swords on the other hand don't need to be researched.

Startup does indeed revolve around farming, but making swords is the fastest way to reach stable and research lc.

I am almost certain I will be the first player with lc on this world, I have 60 swords right now and was the first player to complete the sword quest on this world.

I also fully expect to be the rank 1 player at 1,000 points, and to be the first to noble. You can noble rush without neglecting troops, it's just not something very many people do all that well at.

DeletedUser931

I think it's pretty clear that .V. are the best tribe on this world, at least at start up. Currently rank 1 by a strong margin, highest average points per village in the top 20, highest ODA, and have the top player in the world, they have more top 20 players than any other tribe at this time.

Really they are just superior in every aspect. Well done .V.

DeletedUser

I think it's pretty clear that .V. are the best tribe on this world, at least at start up. Currently rank 1 by a strong margin, highest average points per village in the top 20, highest ODA, and have the top player in the world, they have more top 20 players than any other tribe at this time.

Really they are just superior in every aspect. Well done .V.

I really hope your being sarcastic. If not, you need to re-define your definition of superior, and top.

A bit off topic, but sorting players by ODA shows who has hit the most spikes :cool: How unlucky are these guys:

I've hit a few spikes, and have no ODA. For these players to kill that amount of troops, they can't be microfarming. So while they might be unlucky in some way, its hard to say how much more they have been than others. They have just made terrible decisions in not farming in small groups. Sending all your troops at a barbarian village is stupid and should never be done. That is what they must have done to get that ODA.

DeletedUser931

Would I be sarcastic? All the evidence suggests that .V. are the best at the moment, if you really disagree, give me some reasons why.

PS: I see your tribe is really struggling LOL, you must just be jealous.

PPS: quote this post for an example of spoiler codes here.

DeletedUser

I've hit a few spikes, and have no ODA. For these players to kill that amount of troops, they can't be microfarming. So while they might be unlucky in some way, its hard to say how much more they have been than others. They have just made terrible decisions in not farming in small groups. Sending all your troops at a barbarian village is stupid and should never be done. That is what they must have done to get that ODA.

When typing that post, instead of writing "How unlucky are these guys?" I was going to write "How stupid can you get?" but I thought that insulting a 10 players from 8 separate tribes wasn't a bright idea.

So if any of the players I mentioned read this, spike eddiecesc and not me ;)

Edit:

3. CAOS
8. CHAOS

Anyone know whether these tribes are some sort of family or is it just a case of an unimaginative leadership? :rolleyes:

I realize due to the victory conditions that a family tribe would be pointless (pointless if either branch actually intended to win). But the have very similar names and they're in the same area.. Seems a little too coincidental.

DeletedUser

When typing that post, instead of writing "How unlucky are these guys?" I was going to write "How stupid can you get?" but I thought that insulting a 10 players from 8 separate tribes wasn't a bright idea.

So if any of the players I mentioned read this, spike eddiecesc and not me ;)

Edit:

3. CAOS
8. CHAOS

Anyone know whether these tribes are some sort of family or is it just a case of an unimaginative leadership? :rolleyes:

I realize due to the victory conditions that a family tribe would be pointless (pointless if either branch actually intended to win). But the have very similar names and they're in the same area.. Seems a little too coincidental.

Yes Chaos and Caos are family tribe... They are the winner of world 5 US version...

DeletedUser

Well currently like everyone is saying .V. has the best average best ODA and they are the number 1 tribe and I believe they deserve that position FOR NOW... What they are doing is pretty impressive..

DeletedUser

I disagree. Spears are not able to farm effectively on their own because they die at 0 luck unless you send at least 32. As such you need axes or swords to send along with them to split them up into smaller farming parties. Axes are fairly expensive to research, swords on the other hand don't need to be researched.

Startup does indeed revolve around farming, but making swords is the fastest way to reach stable and research lc.

I am almost certain I will be the first player with lc on this world, I have 60 swords right now and was the first player to complete the sword quest on this world.

I also fully expect to be the rank 1 player at 1,000 points, and to be the first to noble. You can noble rush without neglecting troops, it's just not something very many people do all that well at.

Thanks for sharing your view - it's not the thing I'd do and maybe, just maybe, that's one of the things that makes me a bit lagging behind in the first 2 weeks - @ the .nl server. ;)
Lots of players @.nl skip the swords at startup though - and I'm pretty sure of it that most of the players here won't be able to catch up with us Dutchmen - just a guess while looking at the US8 rankings and how most of the players grow/what they noble... ^.^
Doesn't matter to me however, since I normally show up at the top after the first nobling phase.

Won't be doing that @ us9 though :p
I'm only playing for the flags I could use since I've recently started @ US8 ^.^

DeletedUser

Lots of players @.nl skip the swords at startup though - and I'm pretty sure of it that most of the players here won't be able to catch up with us Dutchmen - just a guess while looking at the US8 rankings and how most of the players grow/what they noble... ^.^
Doesn't matter to me however, since I normally show up at the top after the first nobling phase.

False.

Only the bad ones skip the sword quest. All the good start up players got them a craving for some swords to play for their team. Apart from that I am 100% sure that the top on this world could kick Dutchmen asses all day, all night. One thing you should keep in mind is that it makes no sense to judge a world based on the growth rates of a previous one.

DeletedUser

False.

Only the bad ones skip the sword quest. All the good start up players got them a craving for some swords to play for their team. Apart from that I am 100% sure that the top on this world could kick Dutchmen asses all day, all night. One thing you should keep in mind is that it makes no sense to judge a world based on the groth rates of a previous one.

It was just a guess, like I said. ;)
Fine, I might overestimate the Dutch server. It's just the things I've seen during the first month of my stay here - surely I can't give evidence for something like this. It's just my personal opinion - based on the things I've seen, thus I haven't got any strong facts.

DeletedUser

It was just a guess, like I said. ;)
Fine, I might overestimate the Dutch server. It's just the things I've seen during the first month of my stay here - surely I can't give evidence for something like this. It's just my personal opinion - based on the things I've seen, thus I haven't got any strong facts.

Take it from me then.

I ranked 1 on 11 .nl worlds and played top 3 on several .net and .co.uk worlds. Worlds with the same players that I know are playing here. I think it's safe to say that I can compare both a bit.

DeletedUser

Take it from me then.

I ranked 1 on 11 .nl worlds and played top 3 on several .net and .co.uk worlds. Worlds with the same players that I know are playing here. I think it's safe to say that I can compare both a bit.

That means we are even in .nl!

DeletedUser

So anyone have any more thoughts now that some of the pointwhores are slowing down, and the ppwhores are speeding up?