Create a foregein trib

DeletedUser

Is there any problem if a group of portugueses come to the world 4 and create a trib just for portuguese players?

DeletedUser

The team of Polish also be preparing the world for 4: D

DeletedUser

cool, but i heard that if that happen, the trib would be disbanded

is that true?

DeletedUser1446

Yes it is... You can make your own tribe and stuff... But don´t use the internal forum...because if you use the one in the game it must be written in English...

Also you can´t tell someone "You can´t enter because you´re not Portuguese..." But you can tell "The tribe is full sorry!"

More question ask me in private;)

Or add my skype ZE-CMD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser329

From the rules :

§8) Language

Tribal Wars is an English game. The use of other languages in game is forbidden. This means all profiles, mails, forum posts and any other publication must be in English.

A short phrase in another language is permitted, provided that this is translated to English either directly following or preceding it.

Creating a tribe exclusively for one nationality or language is strictly forbidden and may result in the tribe being disbanded.

Support tickets must also be created in English, otherwise we will not reply.

CLICK FOR FULL RULES

You are welcome to make a tribe but it must not be exclusively for one nationality , therefore you would have to be open to recruiting people not of your nationality , and all communication must be in English .

<3

DeletedUser

So basically, do not say your tribe is for portuguese people only... lol i mean, we all know how MagicX was mainly Romanian players, etc... just know you do have a chance at being disbanded if the staff feel you are being biased against other nationalities... am I right Aliyah?

But as Killerspear said, if your forums are not going to be in English, then use an external forums, as in-game communication must be in the language of the server... this being the US server, that language is English.

DeletedUser

this being the US server, that language is English.

Americans have yet to come up with their own language beyond "hillbilly" :p

Jokes aside, if you recruit for a premade, and set it up so you don't recruit ingame, you can in theory have a 100% portugese tribe without there being any issue with it, as you will have done recruitment via something other than ingame and/or the .us forums most likely. So you'd in effect have a 100% portugese tribe; you just can't advertise it as such, and still need english on the profile and in the forums.

DeletedUser548

Americans have yet to come up with their own language beyond "hillbilly" :p

Did you know there was a petition to make "Gangster English" an actual language? It failed. That would've been a language unique to Americans.

DeletedUser

If Gangster English became an official language, I would leave America...

and in my city, other languages like Spanish or Spanglish or Portu-Spanish or w/e mixes, are spoken more than English... lol

DeletedUser

so
ican create the trib, if inside, in the intern forum we speak english, and we have all in english?

am i rigth?

DeletedUser1327

Aliyah said:
Creating a tribe exclusively for one nationality or language is strictly forbidden and may result in the tribe being disbanded.

So you can't.

:(

DeletedUser1446

I already gave you a good answer on this thread kajo

DeletedUser

Yep but I wouldn't ever announce the name on the forum cause then the staff would know.

DeletedUser

The rules do not allow a single-nationality tribe. This means you cannot, under any circumstances, create a tribe only for Portuguese players.

Also, reading the rule §9) Miscellaneous:
(...)
  • Encouraging or tricking others into breaking the rules is strictly prohibited.

-----

Breaching the rules is forbidden by itself, however breaching the rules by your own choice (and knowing you're breaching them) is a lot worse.

DeletedUser

To clear things up:
declining a player to you tribe because you dont like him - Legal
declining a player to you tribe because he is not your nationality - Illegal

Kajo,
If you want to create a tribe with all your friends who happen to speak Portuguese I don't see a problem. I just want it to be clear that making a tribe stricktly for Portuguese people is against the rules.

DeletedUser

To clear things up:

Kajo,
If you want to create a tribe with all your friends who happen to speak Portuguese I don't see a problem. I just want it to be clear that making a tribe stricktly for Portuguese people is against the rules.

thanks, thats what i wanted to hear

DeletedUser

To clear things up:

Kajo,

I know it's illegal to deny a player access to your tribe because he is a different ethnicity etc.
But say you had a tribe of only Portuguese players.
Could you deny someone access because they don't speak Portuguese, and that would make it much more difficult to communicate?

Also..

What if he chooses to "dislike" a player simply because they do not share a nationality?
Is that legal?

As in: "I dislike you because you're not American, and therefore I am not going to let you into my tribe."
If someone had some form of ethnocentrism then it's perfectly feasible for that to be a true statement.
Would it be legal, or illegal?