2013 Winter Event Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 419875

Please use this thread for any and all discussions for the 2013 Winter Event.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
I realise that only 1 prize can be active at a single time. However, will I be able to use the Overabundance/Overabundance II whilst a different prize is active?

DeletedUser

I realise that only 1 prize can be active at a single time. However, will I be able to use the Overabundance/Overabundance II whilst a different prize is active?

Similarly, if I had say, 10 overabundances, could I use it, mint coins, use it again, mint coins, etc 10 times in a row, or can I only use it once every 10 hours?

Deleted User - 419875

To answer both your questions, the answer is yes. And you dont have to wait the 10 hours.

Deleted User - 419875

Event start: 18.12.13

Last Merchant spawn: 08.01.14

Event end: 15.01.14 After this time it will no longer be possible to use steel, or activate prizes, and all existing prizes will disappear.

DeletedUser4881

Event start: 18.12.13

Last Merchant spawn: 08.01.14

Event end: 15.01.14 After this time it will no longer be possible to use steel, or activate prizes,
and all existing prizes will disappear.

+1 for my reading skills right.

Sounds just like the easter event. Except the pioneer s were pointwhores.

DeletedUser

So, I have a 1.4m account where I need just over 1.3m steel to make one spin...

We can all agree that there is only one good buff right? Recruitment speed is great, but it only lasts 10h so you gain basically nothing.

We can also come to the conclusion that it's only beneficial if you get the Overabundance II buff on your first spin. Which is a stretch.

I have 156 vills, so at most I could make 62.4m ress (which is assuming that I have a full leveled wh on every village, which I do not).

62.4-13=49.4

49.4 ress is great sure, but that's only if I get it as my first spin which is assuming a lot (which we have already done). But you have to count in the fact that I would have to send 118 market runs. In the time were I could send those runs I could have instead sent out farms, which probably would have given me 30m resources. Sending farms also is a lot easier.

So in conclusion I think it's fair to say that this event is a failure. I can't even imagine what you would have ot go trhough if you had over 10m points. Meanwhile I have a 600p account on a swedish server where I have already spinned the wheel 4 times. But even if I would get the best buffs during those spins I can't really do anything, because I wont get my money back if I use any buff. Maybe it'll benefit me if I use the buffs in last minute when I might have like 20-30k points (being very generous here with the numbers as you can see).

So yeah, empty your wallets guys. The only way to actually benefit from this is using PP. I don't think that the meaning of an "event" is to earn money, but to cater to the players during holidays, so the people at innogames can go die in a malicious fire.

Example of innogames system:
http://gyazo.com/3cda6c4c76401298480f0f62b2453cf5

DeletedUser

To answer both your questions, the answer is yes. And you dont have to wait the 10 hours.

I believe this to be false. Ingame it says we can use it once per day.

Secondly, I agree with joffess above. The xmas event is practically a scam. It costs me 15million resources to spin once. If I got overabundance 2 on my first spin, then I would receive ~500,000*170=85,000,000 resources. SO I would need to get it at least once ever 5 spins for it to be profitable in terms of resource trading. Perhaps I am wrong, as details regarding odds have not been disclosed, but I presume the chances are probably closer to 1/15 or less.

But if you have those generous people who are willing to fork over 5000pp, now then it might be worth it. 5kpp = 50 spins = 750million resources=3 weeks of farming - and that would be with looter of the day most days. You'd have to be handicapped to not gain ranks. 5k pp would = ~3 overabundances? = 50 spins = ~15 noblemen = 15 villages. So pp can now buy points.

Sweeney

Royal Guardian W17
Reaction score
I agree with the above, it's not worth attacking them or trading with them. IMO the merchant camps should be less defended, and it shouldn't cost as much steel to spin/buy the bonuses.

DeletedUser

From reports I have seen, I would guess the troops used are the same? And that 70,000 of either unit have roughly the same stats as 70kspears AND 70k swords.

Only thing that got me is that the wall dropped a lot more than it should in simulator.

Long story short, I hope my enemies are killing all their nukes lol.

Deleted User - 419875

Dear players,

Thanks for all the feedback we have received regarding the Winter Event. We've heard from some of you that the start of the event was unfair and agree. The outcome of some of the prizes were not as intended. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

To make sure that everyone has a chance to enjoy the event and the bonuses provided, we have given all players enough free steel to use the event tombola about 3 times.

Happy holidays to everyone.

Your Tribal Wars Team

DeletedUser3007

my make no sense breakdown...

Resources Sent
Steel Received

and only takes 16,736,000 to spin once yay

so id need to send from every single village once, plus another 500 more villages after they are home. all to possibly get only 10% faster building time, which my villages are basically fully built.

as for wasting nukes to gamble for the prize... 80k troops, even if they were militia power still kills a few nukes.
im sure the guard are much stronger than the actual mercenaries.
per nuke costs
860200 wood
584000 clay
1061000 iron

multiply by 7 or so nukes
6021400 wood
4088000 clay
7427000 iron

all those res and time to gamble for a prize that will possibly fill your coffers only 30%...
put less time into this and more into farming and your payout will be much higher.
and is a 100% chance of getting res, not the 12% chance you actually have here.

had these buffs been more rewarding and for longer periods of time, I'd clear 100 of them.
numbers reveal to me its just not worth the time and possible loss for a payout that is surely
received in another way. im sure some have gotten lucky with the buffs, but not everyone does.

at 1860 villages, i can farm this much.
Plunder the most resources in this world.
Last achieved: on 02.11.2013 (707.775.351 resources)

30% of my warehouse space is 669,600,000
ill stick to my farming

feedback time...
buffs should last longer
buffs should be savable, activate whenever we want in the future.
actual work that goes into getting a buff shouldn't be greater than what you can do on your own. whats the point?
i miss jesse

===================================
update

oh its 50% :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.