A Decent Guide To Promoting Your Tribe, Or Yourself.

DeletedUser

Intro.

To Be Honest, I Regularly Glance At The Recruitment Thread. I Don't Run A Tribe, But I Still Like To See Who Is Joining The World Once In A While. However, It Saddens Me To See So Many Posts That Literally Just Say Somthing Along The Lines Of,

"In k67, 150 points, looking for a tribe"

Obama%20facepalm.jpg

If Your Serious About Wanting To Join A Tribe, Don't Post Something Like Above. Whether You Looking For A Tribe Or Promoting One.

Looking For A Tribe
Do I Need To Post On The Public Forums?

No, Is The Short Answer. But Short Answers Aren't Useful In A Guide, Are They?

When Starting In Tribal Wars, You Can Just Either Rely On Pure Skill To Get You Noticed, Send Mails To Tribes Around You, Or Look On The Forums And Post In This Recruitment Thread. All Of These Ways Are Good, And Sometimes You Can Adopt All Of Them, But It Doesn't Hurt To Post On the Forums, Right?
Ow.jpg

OK, What Should I Write About?

1. Your In Game Name.
2. Your Location (In Game And In Real Life If You Want!).
3. Experience.
>How Long Have You Been Playing?
>Skills (Back-timing, Sniping Ect.)
>You Best TW Worlds
4. A Bit About Your Self.
5. Your Expectations.

Experience

If You Thinking, "But I'm New To Tribal Wars, I Have No Experience!". Don't Worry. No Really. Many New Tribes Won't Mind Your Lack Of Experience, As Long As You Are Willing To Learn. BUT, If You Don't Have Any Experience, Put It In Your Post. You Don't Want To Join A Tribe Where They Think You Know How To Play Only For Them To Find Out You Don't, That Would Be Bad :(

mike-jacobsen-bad-chewie-l.gif

If You Do Have Any Experience, Say It, Even If It Is A Little.

Your Expectations

If Your New To Tribal Wars, You May Have No Expectations, Or You May...
Some More Experienced PLayers Will Have Expectations, Probably. Like For Example,

'Tribe Needs To Be Run With A Council, In A Democratic Way...'

If You Do Have Any Expectations, Put Them Down As Well.

Ok, So I've Got Everything Written Down, I'm Going To Post Now!

Stop.png

Check Your Post For Any Grammatical, Spelling And Other Mistakes In Your Post. A Smaller Percentage Of Tribes Will Respond If Your Post Looks Like This;

'HI, lookin 4 trib that iz aroound k67. i am experieced an a amasing player.'

Be Aware Of What You've Written Before You Post.

Your Layout...

...Is Also Crucial. Attract Tribes With Smart Fonts And Simple Colorings. Not Just Random Fonts And Colors All Over The Page. Use Pictures As Well If You Like, But They Must Be Relevant. Also, I Wouldn't Recommend You Use Spoilers For The Pictures, (Unless They Are Quite Large), Some People Can Miss The Pictures If They Are In Spoilers, So Making Them Immediately Viewable, But Also No To Large And Not Too Striking, That Would Be Ok. Also, Using Links To Past World Stats Is Always Usefully For Proof Of Experience.

One more Thing On Layouts. Your Title. This Is The First Thing People Will See. So Make Sure It Is Relevant, But Not Boring. I Would Recommend Putting You In Game Name, Continent And What The Post Is About On The Title. But You Could Put Something More Creative And Funny To Attract Attention.

So Thats Is It For Part One, I Will Do Part Two Tomorrow :D
Any Comments And Suggestion Are Appreciated!

Click's XD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Recruiting

Do I Need To Post On The Public Forums?

Like When Looking For A Tribe, The Answer Is No. But You Are Probably More Recommended Posting Here To Advertise A Tribe, Rather Than Looking For One, Well, Thats My Opinion. When Recruiting You Can Just Invite People Around, Rely On Your Skill To Get People Asking To Join Or Post In The Forums. (Or Alternatively Do All 3)!

My Tribe!

First Of Your Tribe Should Follow The Rules Of Tribal Wars.

http://www.tribalwars.us/rules.php

Above Is The Link, But Basically Make Sure Your Tribe Is Not Racist, Sexist, Or Offensive. Whether In Name Or Profile.

Secondly Make Sure You Are Capable Of Running A Tribe In THe Long Run On This World. Don't Start A Tribe If This Is Your First World, Because Unless You Are Uber Good, You Wont Last.

What Should I Put In My Post?

Subject
Tribe Name, And Location

• Tribe Abbreviation
  • Dukes/Barons/Diplomats/Recruiters(Who Should They Contact To Apply?)
  • Restrictions(Do They Need An 'X' Number Of Points, Experience, Skype, Skills, Ect.)
  • Experience(Is This Your First Tribe?, What Worlds Have You Played On Previously?)
  • Tribe COA (If You Want!)

Layout

Use Consistent Colors, Suitable Font, And Other Stuff.

Too Many Colors Will Look Messy
Clashing Colors Are Also Hit Or Miss.

Fonts Can Tell People What Type Of Leader You Can Be, Somtimes.
USING CAPS AND FONTS LIKE THESE MAKE PEOPLE JUDGE YOU AS A VERY STRICT, AGGRESSIVE AND CONTROLLING LEADER.

Using Softer Fonts Have An Opposite Effect.

*Draft*
Will Finish Of Later :D

DeletedUser

1st, and the forums don't use RGB, the color selector is up top by the fonts and sizes...

DeletedUser

1st, and the forums don't use RGB, the color selector is up top by the fonts and sizes...

I Used That Though!!

I've Edited It Now To Match The First Colored Post, But I Still Don't Know Why It Gave Me Some Random Color Format :(
Thanks Though Que?