A Statistical Undertaking

• Thread starter DeletedUser2638
  • Start date

DeletedUser2638

Hello Humans! Hello Fellow Tribal Wars Players!

I have a proposition for an undertaking that I would like to undertake. It has occurred to me, for some time now, that someone should make a statistical model of troop count vs. points. This is something that I would like to undertake.

My friend and I have a google account through which, with the help of google docs, we will post public graphs of troops count vs. points, up through 20-30k pts.
EXAMPLE

I think this would be both interesting and useful information to compile, and could potentially help out with strategies and guides after a reasonable amount of data has been complied., as well as being quite interesting. This could eventually be expanded further to include ratios of offense to defense, ratios of troops (eg. sp-sw-ax-ram, etc.), levels of buildings in village vs. pts, and maybe even the most common defensive/offensive builds.

The only challenge to doing this is that we need large amounts of accurate data. What I would ask is that you take a picture of your screen with the classical village overview open, and then send a link of the picture to me, along with a list of the stats, in a way that I will later disclose, and then I can input them into an excel spreadsheet

To protect your privacy, feel free to block out your village name and coordinates, and know that I will not share the information with anyone, but I am interested in everything else on the page, if not now then later as this project, and my fellow conspirators, progress forward.

Keep in mind that you can refuse to send anything, but that will not only make this endeavor less accurate, but useless as well. If I do not receive data, then I will have no choice but to quit, as no data will result in inaccurate results.

Also, if I do this, do not complain, as my co-conspiritors will be giving our time freely, for the fun of statistics and tribal wars combined, but we are only humans and would have to input the data into the graphs, and this will take time.

I have not started this yet, as I wanted to gauge the interest first.

Is this something that you guys would be interested in helping with and sending me data for.
Also, do you have any suggestions or questions for me?

Thanks!

HumanInDisguise

Edit 1:
I will compare data in the form of a chart or graph; such as a bar graph, box and whisker plot, or pie graph.
I will compare data with averages or with percentages and then compare that date to other data.
I will only give individual user data out anonymously.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Not real useful to be honest.

I've always thought people aiming for point:troop ratios was what screwed their start up. Just run everything 24/7, ratios don't matter.

If player A and B start at the same time and a week later they have:

A: 1,500 points 3,200 troops

B: 800 points 2,400 troops

A is doing better, it doesn't matter that B has three times as many troops as points while A barely has double.

DeletedUser2638

True, one of the reasons I am asking.

I want to do some statistics on something, and figured TW would be fun and possibly helpful, as opposed to, say, the average price of everything at the grocery store, which would be boring to collect.

If no one is interested, then i won't, but thought I would check and see, though I do agree with you on startup as to activity.

Would this be useful later on in the game, do you think?

DeletedUser

You have a valid point Nauz. but sometimes I wish you weren't quite so quick to shoot down efforts to expand on what knowledge we already have.

As you say Chris, the more data and how accurate it is will be your basis. With that in mind, am I missing something extra that you are looking for or would you not simply be quicker and probably better informed by checking the world stats. pages at regular intervals over a sustained period of time.

Coupling the no.'s of each type of troop in existence once or twice a day at a set time and cross referenced with the no. of players on the world.
Those two sets of figures are always available and current, though we cannot work backwards through them and find the changes as far as I am aware. The average points per village can also be found there as well.

There are several ways this information could be presented that would generate, if nothing else, several new topics of conversation for Nauz. to take pot shots at.:smack:

pssst. ... Nauz. come back to the UK forums, man ... we can't hold a grudge for UK9 much longer and at least we have heard of you over there.(kid:p)

DeletedUser2638

Pete, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that!

That would work well, and give me plenty of data, at least for starters. That would also work for later on in a world.

Perhaps I should start with World 5?

DeletedUser

If you want to go really deeply into it ( math fiend that you are) 2 particular phrases spring to mind.

When looking for help ... 1) Go to the source. + 2) .... Start at the top.

By all means, start with US5 as your first test to see if you can provide some interesting facts to analyse but perhaps if you talk to 1 or 2 members of the dev. team before hand they provide you with some suggestions that even Inno. might be interested in.

That aside, they will certainly be able to give you more details as to when and how often the figures are updated and once you have put some time and effort into this you might even be able to persuade them to give you some of their copies of the same sort of information they almost certainly hold regarding past worlds.
If you harbour the hope that they might then why not track the figures in a similar way from the start in order that you will have similar data to compare like with like, if they do.

The ratio changes between def. and attack troops over the years as TW has developed might even give some credence to Nauz. when he tosses out , " I revolutionized start up" once a Nauz. time line is added.
( There are ways and means to interest everybody , you just need the right hook )

I wonder do Typhi or Nino come looking if you mention their names?;)

GL, with the plan Chris and as Monty Python says, 'Don't let the(m) grind you down!'