A Taste Of Ticket

DeletedUser

In a bid to liven up a naturally fairly boring and uneventful external forum I've decided to create these threads on specific established top 15 Ranked tribes in order to try and provoke discussion and give you lovely people something to read. These topics will include my personal opinions, general facts, some statistics and hopefully some points for musing over. This is my first attempt at any posts of this nature, so please be gentle with me! Here it goes:

-------------------------------------------------------

Just The Ticket

Fact File

- Name: Tribe Tag Deemed Inappropriate
- Tag: Ticket
- ODA Rank: 6
- Members: 43
- Have the highest average points per player of any of the 8 largest tribes in their continent.
- Rank 6 in All ODA, ODD and ODT Rankings
- Seem to prefer a strong leadership, just 1 Duke, 1 Baron and 1 Recruitor.
- 90% of their members are located in K54 with the rest on the close borders in neighbouring continents.

First Impression

As far as their Continent is concerned I don't see many immediate threats. They've got a fairly Freak free area and look to be able to beat off any of the current competition that surround them, seem well equipped to deal with problems and their ODA isn't something to be ashamed of. I'd say its enough to have cleared plenty of farms, but not too much to have depleted troops too considerably. Their Duke seems to be very much on the ball and I remain positive on this tribe. It seems they are organised and although they are fairly compact, they seem to be able to deal with it well.

As you can see, Ticket are a well ranked tribe. The average points per player may be slightly lower than their potential due to their spacing as some players are fairly close together and resources must be stretched in areas. My only faults with the tribe as a set up are this tightness and lack of space as well as a few members they seem to be carrying. If a couple of the players who aren't picking up the slack were dropped, Ticket would be a much more intimidating force in their area.

A few points from this map, the spacing issue which is going to be a recurring theme for this group of players can be seen but also their distance from other top tribes. They are the only really organised force in their area and seem to be well motivated to take control of their position.

Interview With e2ekiel

Me: Hey there E2ekiel! Thanks for taking the time to talk to me.
First question, how long have you been playing tribal wars and would you consider yourself an 'experienced' player of the game?

E2e: Experienced? Nah, I mean, I know what I'm doing, sure, but it's not like I've been playing for years and years. I think I know the game well enough to not be considered a noob though. Not a "newb" either. (Yes there is a difference). I've been playing since October 2010 on the .us server, and I played on World 18 of the .net server for a few months a long time ago, but that's it.

Me: That's very modest of you, you seem to be well clued up from what I can see! How have you found W4 as a world to play so far then?

E2e: In comparison to what I'm used to, not having churches and archers makes things much simpler and much easier. This world has a lot more foreign players though, and they're good, so the competition here is a bit more elevated compared to where I've played before.

Me: Fair enough, I was never really a fan of churches, it made the game more complicated than it needed to be in my opinion! If your tribe did not exist, which of the current top 15 tribes would you have requested an invitation to?

E2e: My top choices would have been Beware, ~XB~, or PERV. Beware is a good bunch from what I've seen and they're somewhat close to my area. ~XB~ is also a good group, I know several of them from World 1. PERV I'm just now getting to know a little better, but still have a lot to learn about them.

Me: You've got a good number of noble targets within your 21x21, are you happy with your positioning so far or have you hit any trouble yet in your area? I notice you've only picked up a healthy amount of ODA and no ODD so it can't be too bad!

E2e: Yeah, my 7x7 is full of barbs and inactives that are practically worthless, but outside of that, people aren't too bad. I've attacked my fair share of players in the area, but none of them seem to have the desire to retaliate. The area itself however is questionable. Farms are sporadic, there's just not a lot of them, as opposed to, say, K55, where there's a lot more villages compacted.

Me: Well its good to see you're completely aware of everyone there. Are there any tribes or players in the top ranks that have particularly impressed you here in W4? Which players or tribes do you think will struggle to survive in the coming months of this developing world?

E2e: I usually don't flame other tribes or people, but, uh, this is unavoidable. F-LEG L-LEG LEG-ALEG-B (how many are there?) I personally do not like family tribes at all, especially when there's more than 2 or 3, it's just a sad excuse for mass-recruiting. You take a good look at Freaks, and they seem to have things set for them, but I don't see them lasting. I don't know why, but I just don't. I still haven't seen too much to have more than a negative response for this question. We'll see.

Me: Ok then let's move on to your tribe, is this your first time leading a tribe? (If not, would you like to let us know of any past tribes you've led?)

E2e: First time being Duke, but I'm Baron/Diplomat currently on World 1. Tribe name is S.S, currently ranked 3 and still catching up.

Me: So then what's your favourite and least favourite thing about leading a tribe like Ticket and from a leader's perspective, how have you found your tribes progression in this world up to this point?

E2e: The beginning was rough, but I've found a great group of players that know what they're doing. I think now we've got everything where it needs to be though. My favorite part is the fact that everyone works well together, and we all coordinate, no one is only looking out for themselves. My least favorite part: Due to the rough start, recruiting didn't exactly go as planned, and now our members are a lot closer together than I would have liked to see, but we're fixing this, and it isn't too much of a problem anymore.

Me: Yes I noticed you were fairly compacted as a tribe goes, its good to see you're tackling the issue though! Have you found leading a tribe has effected your individual performance and success in this world so far?

E2e: I haven't seen any real difference, so I would say no.

Me: What's the most important lesson you've learned as far as managing a top tribe is concerned?

E2e: Don't rush recruitment. You may not be a top tribe in the beginning, but even if you find all the best players in your area, it's too much. Take the best of the best, then leave the rest to be used as farms. And expand as necessary, and it's a much "healthier" way to reach a top rank.

Me: Are there any players, or tribes, in this world that you, or your tribe, have come to a conflict with so far that are worth mentioning?

E2e: Nothing too serious. Maybe soon, but obviously, future plans are confidential. We've had some smalll fights, but most things were resolved by either threats and attacks(the more likely method) or diplomacy (not so much).

Me: You have the 5th best Average points per player of the top 20 tribes although are ranked 3rd in the world. Does this worry you or is it a statistic that you feel will even out with time?

E2e: I'm sure it will even out, but I could care less. Average points aren't too important to me as long as players are keeping up their troop counts.

Me: At the time of this interview you have the number 1 ranked player in the world, a good first ennoblement it seems. Tell us how much of an impact having a player so well ranked has on the rest of your tribe?

E2e: Our player is simply experienced, knows his stuff, and has a lot to offer. He helps us out when we need it, and that's how it works. Aside from the physical asset that this player is, there's also a "morale" boost that comes from it. People get hyped up from having the number one player in their tribe, so it's cool.

Me: With Noble season getting underway, are you confident your tribe will excel and start to expand successfully relatively trouble free or are there players/tribes you might need to watch out for?

E2e: We're basically keeping an eye out on K54. I don't know how much of a problem these tribes will become, but everything, I'm sure, will be dealt with eventually, and I'm positive that the small amount of competition in k54 won't be too much of a problem.

Me: Without giving too much away, have you got a clear plan of where your tribe is going or are you still unsure as to the direction you wish to take?

E2e: Giving you any info here would be giving it away, but, let's just say point-whoring is out of the question.

Me: Do you feel you could gain rank 1 over the coming months and if so how long do you reckon it will take you before your members are working to a standard worthy of that place?

E2e: I think it's a possibility. Some members are working to that standard already, but some aren't, and it could take until well into noble stage before we get everyone up to speed.

Me: If you had the chance to disband one Tribe on this world, which one would it be and why?

E2e: That's a tough question. My first choice would be the "LEG" tribes, considering my dislike for family tribes, but there's like 8 of them. Considering that, I guess I would pick the number 1 tribe.

Me: If you can answer, are you happy with the way your tribe is working together, and are there any areas which you're working to improve?

E2e: I'm content, but not quite ecstatic. There are areas we can improve in still, which are un-named, but I think everything will resolve itself soon, and TANG will be the most cohesive self-supportive tribe here in World 4.

1Me: And finally, should we be looking forward to any tangles with other neighbouring tribes in the near future? The externals could use some wartime PnP!

E2e: Neighboring tribes? Definitely. This is tribal wars, and we're going to be territorial. As far as I'm concerned, K54 belongs to us, and I plan to keep it that way.

Me: Well thank you very much, its great to hear from you and I wish you luck with your tribe in the future. Keep up the good work!

Overall I think this shows that Ticket, with the solid leadership they have and the area they've inhabited, are in a great position to take W4 a step further through the early nobling stages. I've been impressed both with the responsiveness and knowledge of the Duke, who seems to be firmly integrated with his members and knows just what's needed to get them through it, and the majority of the players I've looked at. My only worry is the few players that appear to be dead weight for a tribe of Ticket's potential could drag them back if they're not lost soon.

-------------------------------------------------------

Well there we go, my first thread on a top 15 tribe is complete and I hope you enjoyed reading. Please feel free to comment, correct or criticise any of the thoughts and opinions I've stated. I'd like to thank Ede2 again for his time and for allowing me to create this thread. If you'd like me to continue making posts such as this, please say so below :) Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2069

Next time you make a map please use the option (markers Only)

DeletedUser2069

Nobody leads freaks each member is the leader of them :p you really think one person could control them
They are freaks

DeletedUser

If you want I can help you by making maps. Just hit me up on skype: vytvir1

DeletedUser

Thanks Devilin, will do! I'm aiming at next instalment coming on a week Tuesday as I'm away for a week starting Monday :)

DeletedUser

Hey guys, it's me, the interviewee (is that a word?) of this whole thing, just a quick update:

Our tribe tag "TANG" has been deemed inappropriate by tw support..idk how on earth, but apparently it is

I guess someone reported it for some reason (and I have some extreme dislike for that person right now :smack:) but we will have a name change to something else, so Tenique, make sure you update when it changes

Good job on this btw, very nice

DeletedUser

Thanks for the compliments and I'll update it when it changes e2ekiel! :)

DeletedUser2069

Our tribe tag "TANG" has been deemed inappropriate by tw support..idk how on earth, but apparently it is

I could tell you how :p

Since every time I seen it it was the first thing to come to mind :D

DeletedUser

well thats cause me and you are *^(& buddies but besides that everyone acts like we arent a super power ;(

DeletedUser

I think my team gets the next interview

Yep, PERV will be my next scoop :)

Hey Tenique, can you do the same thing for ~XB~???

I can do and I intend to :) As said earlier, I go away for a week starting today so I won't be on the forums, just on the blackberry in game. I'll get started on other tribes after I get back! :)

what about nood :( no one ever remembers us :(

I remember you, check my map, you're tribe are on it. I intend to include Nood as well my friend!

DeletedUser

Thank you sir when the time comes you can reach me through pm here or ig my igm is the same