Announcements Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Could you possibly make discussion threads for Announcements topics like the smiley ones, and link them on the Announcements posts - like they do over in .net? It works well :dip:

DeletedUser

I do indeed have a lot to say about smileys.

:rules: I believe that this smiley is a fantastic idea, as it means that non-moderators and wannabe-moderators can use it to warn rule-breakers that they are breaking the rules, thus potentially saving the moderators a job as the player may decide to edit/remove his post.

HOWEVER, it also could start an argument as to whether someone broke the rules or not, thus derailing a thread. As such, I believe that it needs to be thoroughly discussed as to whether this could be a potential problem in practice, or not, which requires a discussion thread based on the announcement.

Ok, that is the first new smiley covered.

:smack: I believe that this smiley does more bad than good. It promotes the idea of violence, and given that is an issue throughout the States and Europe (the States being the focus here due to the server), it highlights domestic violence, which depresses me. Again, this needs discussion, in my opinion.

So, is it possible to have said thread now? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

for the longest time i thought :smack: was two noobs doing it

DeletedUser1214

:rules: I believe that this smiley is a fantastic idea, as it means that non-moderators and wannabe-moderators can use it to warn rule-breakers that they are breaking the rules, thus potentially saving the moderators a job as the player may decide to edit/remove his post.

HOWEVER, it also could start an argument as to whether someone broke the rules or not, thus derailing a thread. As such, I believe that it needs to be thoroughly discussed as to whether this could be a potential problem in practice, or not, which requires a discussion thread based on the announcement.

:smack: I believe that this smiley does more bad than good. It promotes the idea of violence, and given that is an issue throughout the States and Europe (the States being the focus here due to the server), it highlights domestic violence, which depresses me. Again, this needs discussion, in my opinion.

Posting for the sake of posting much?

You do not actually care at all about this, but are just adding to your post count.

You have been seen stating how much you "love" this: :smack: and it wouldn't be hard to assume that you love :rules: this just as much.

So stop trolling on purpose as you wasting both ours and the moderators valuable time. That is all.

DeletedUser

:smack:
From now on I will use that smiley when I reply to one of your posts. :D

DeletedUser

You have been seen stating how much you "love" this: :smack: and it wouldn't be hard to assume that you love :rules: this just as much.

Ignoring the troll, I will respond to the one bit which is relevant ;)

It wouldn't be hard to assume I do indeed like :rules:.
Indeed, I said "I believe that this smiley is a fantastic idea" in the very post you commented :rolleyes:

Having thought a little more about the smileys, that is when I saw those issues :)

DeletedUser329

]

I actually thought the same when I saw the smilies , but I think they are fun and like anything else should be used wisely in conjunction with the rules.

This doesn't require an announcement debate of any kind :smack:

<3

DeletedUser1214

]

I actually thought the same when I saw the smilies , but I think they are fun and like anything else should be used wisely in conjunction with the rules.

This doesn't require an announcement debate of any kind :smack:

<3

Troll... anyway wish we had some smilies that were similar to the emoticons used on skype.

DeletedUser

Yes.. thats actually the first decent idea i think you've come up with

DeletedUser

[02:23:00] Fordy/Sonic: I go on .us for one day moan about the smileys and the next day theres a announcement saying theres more :D

I win :D

DeletedUser

[02:23:00] Fordy/Sonic: I go on .us for one day moan about the smileys and the next day theres a announcement saying theres more :D

I win :D

I make one thread about having a discussion on the topic, the elder says there is no point, and it ends up being discussed over 3-4 threads instead :|

DeletedUser

Troll... anyway wish we had some smilies that were similar to the emoticons used on skype.

Please don't have a whine, but i am not sure if Skype smilies are allowed to be part of the forum, link with URL is one thing, but having them loaded onto the server might be breaking the rules a bit. :eek:

And yes, i know you said "like" the ones used on skype, but i thought i might aswell say that and await all the weird responses. :D

DeletedUser

Would a thread which had a list of urls for skype-esque smileys for people to use be allowed?

DeletedUser

I won't answer that as it will need to go through OFLOW, and all that

DeletedUser1214

Yes.. thats actually the first decent idea i think you've come up with

It's because I love skype emoticons that much (again, I am not saying to get skype emoticon's but just something similar, for now I'll content myself with the newly available smilies).

Please don't have a whine, but i am not sure if Skype smilies are allowed to be part of the forum, link with URL is one thing, but having them loaded onto the server might be breaking the rules a bit. :eek:

And yes, i know you said "like" the ones used on skype, but i thought i might aswell say that and await all the weird responses. :D

I am not whining. I merely want to make a suggestion to help out the busy life of forum staff. As a sign of good faith I neither trolled nor spammed something useless. I nearly did flame you for that first part of your comment then I got to the second part and was like "oh... damnit"

I agree. And I'm still in shock.

:smack: Your one to talk. I am very helpful when I want to be. I am merely putting up this fake image of a troll for fun on these forums... ;)

I won't answer that as it will need to go through OFLOW, and all that

Thanks Ben?/InK. Please keep us informed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.