Any plans to nerf Bonfire?

DeletedUser

I don't need to state the obvious about bonfire. Defensive power is rediculous ... If you need proof go simulate how many nukes it takes to kill 500 spears 1800 cats with bonfire protection going.

I am just curious if there are plans to change it, or is this ignorance going to continue?

Seriously considering quitting this game if this is continually ignored.

DeletedUser

Here is an example:

Attacker Units: 0 0 6500 0 2500 0 300 0 0 0 0 792.500 505.000 945.000 18.000
Losses: 0 0 6500 0 2500 0 300 0 0 0 0 792.500 505.000 945.000 18.000
Defender Units: 300 0 0 0 0 0 0 1800 1 0 0 591.020 729.020 183.040 14.710
Losses: 52 0 0 0 0 0 0 312 0 0 0 102.440 126.360 31.720 2.548

decent size nuke barely DENTS the bonfire pally setup

But if you take away bonfire pally you get this:

Attacker Units: 0 0 6500 0 2500 0 300 0 0 0 0 792.500 505.000 945.000 18.000
Losses: 0 0 1309 0 503 0 60 0 0 0 0 159.415 101.570 190.110 3.621
Defender Units: 300 0 0 0 0 0 0 1800 0 0 0 591.000 729.000 183.000 14.700
Losses: 300 0 0 0 0 0 0 1800 0 0 0 591.000 729.000 183.000 14.700

DeletedUser1446

If it is changed it will be for future worlds... I don´t like it either but for example in us4 it will be till the end..

DeletedUser

Everytime I attack someone now, i get messages like "it will take you 10 nukes to take my villages, GO BONFIRE" ... pathetic ... how can they ignore it? its blatantly stupid. Starting to wonder if the developers are too.

DeletedUser1327

Cats are the best defensive units, but they are too slow both in move and in production!

DeletedUser

that explains nothing ... the reasoning for its defensive power being sooo strong is mind boggling ...

DeletedUser

Worlds can be started without any paladin weapons and without a paladin at all. Some players prefer to play with the weapons, others do not. Watch for the settings of future worlds and perhaps you will see one that fits more to your liking.

To your point, try running into a village with 18,000 cats and a paladin (or sometimes more). There is no cracking that with any reasonable effort. You go around, noble everything else, then finish off the stacked one.

DeletedUser

To your point, try running into a village with 18,000 cats and a paladin (or sometimes more). There is no cracking that with any reasonable effort. You go around, noble everything else, then finish off the stacked one.

And you think it's that easy? On .net world 25 I had attacks going everywhere left right and centre, that wasn't a pally item world, but my point is that we wouldn't have had the time or troops to go "Ooh, go round it, take 12 more of his villages before this one"

DeletedUser

This setting just livens up the game a little in my eyes.

Sure, early on it's a pain. But if you apply tactics, you can work around bonfires. Plus, you can use them yourself as a tribe to make a player about to be opped impossible to eliminate. I've used that tactic very effectively before when leading a tribe, and have equally gotten around bonfire stacks through intelligent faking and co-ordinated trains.

Just learn to adapt to the settings of the world you chose to play. Nobody has stopped you from joining a world without enhanced weapons, after all :)

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The setting's not going anywhere, and has managed to do exactly what it was intended to do when added; help newbies by strengthening the defender.

DeletedUser

The setting's not going anywhere, and has managed to do exactly what it was intended to do when added; help newbies by strengthening the defender.

Attacker has:
Pally weapon when attacking
Troops

Deff:
Troops
INCREASED pally weapon
Walls
Support

Uhh yeah, they have plenty.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Attacker has:
Pally weapon when attacking
Troops

Deff:
Troops
INCREASED pally weapon
Walls
Support

Uhh yeah, they have plenty.

Doesn't change that the intent of the bonfire is to give them an even larger advantage. The goal was that by doing so good players would have less of an advantage over newbies, thus raising the retention rate.

DeletedUser1327

that explains nothing ... the reasoning for its defensive power being sooo strong is mind boggling ...

Cats kill some more troops of the simple defenses, but you need more of a month to make a cat's village (in speed 1 servers) and 3 weeks to make a simple defensive village (in the same speed)!
There is something else, too: Cats without paladin weapons are nothing!

DeletedUser

And you think it's that easy? On .net world 25 I had attacks going everywhere left right and centre, that wasn't a pally item world, but my point is that we wouldn't have had the time or troops to go "Ooh, go round it, take 12 more of his villages before this one"

Actually, yes I do, because I have done it and will have to do it again I am sure. And read Googly's post, I couldnt have stated it better.

DeletedUser

Actually, yes I do, because I have done it and will have to do it again I am sure. And read Googly's post, I couldnt have stated it better.

Alright :) I won't question your game tactics, I am both lazy and stubborn. I see a village I want, I fight till I get it, no going round. Or, I get rimmed... either one has both happened to me :D

But yeah, According to Nauzhror, it adds the bonus for noobs... But what about in later game stage? That is some crippling power right there. .. ... There are tons of people who would argue to get rid of the Bonfire, or even reduce its power, as it is wayyyy overdosed. There are those that will defend the power of the bonfire, Most of those players are mainly turtles, noobs or people who haven't experienced the attackers side of the bonfire.

DeletedUser

Alright :) I won't question your game tactics, I am both lazy and stubborn. I see a village I want, I fight till I get it, no going round. Or, I get rimmed... either one has both happened to me :D

But yeah, According to Nauzhror, it adds the bonus for noobs... But what about in later game stage? That is some crippling power right there. .. ... There are tons of people who would argue to get rid of the Bonfire, or even reduce its power, as it is wayyyy overdosed. There are those that will defend the power of the bonfire, Most of those players are mainly turtles, noobs or people who haven't experienced the attackers side of the bonfire.

No doubt, they are quite the pain in the rear to run into in later stages of the game. Not sure anyone wants to have to sacrifice hundreds of nukes on a single villages cause its superstacked, but thats the way the settings for that world is, so we have to just deal with it. That is also why there are worlds that start without paladin weapons. You have a choice of what kind of world to play. Personally, I am not put off when I find the superstacked village because where there are superstacks, somewhere there are empty villages. Also, it takes longer to build defense than offense so when I destroy those troops, it leaves me with the advantage.

Turtles are on every world, but I dont think I have ever seen (and maybe someone else has) a world won by a tribe of turtles. :)

New signature :p

lol

DeletedUser

I like the weapons, just not the bonfire. Again, hundreds would agree with me... We want the weapons, just not the bonfire. So saying join a non-weapon world is the wrong terminology. But, shut up and put up, eyhh ;)

DeletedUser

I like the weapons, just not the bonfire. Again, hundreds would agree with me... We want the weapons, just not the bonfire. So saying join a non-weapon world is the wrong terminology. But, shut up and put up, eyhh ;)

Then, you're best off looking for a world with old paladin weapons. Which still come out from time to time. That has everything you want - as you can see, there are settings for everybody :)