Bot Protection Good thing or not???

DeletedUser188

Since the new version is online there is this new bot Protection thing. If you ask me a VERY good thing to find betrayers quicker! But is there a need to ask a player 4-5 times a day for Bot protection??? For me this is to much, especially if you openend many tabs for balancing ressources, sending fakes or nukes, and timing NOBLES or even if you want to snipe, and then there comes this Bot Protection. I think it's not good that they ask for it that much because for at least 99% this system just sucks and can cause negative effects!
Isn't there a possibility to decrease the number of Bot Protections a day?
What's your opinion to it?
Discuss!!!!

DeletedUser

I Really Don't Like It. Its Annoying... I Wouldn't Mind It Every Time I Log On, But Not Randomly When I Am Playing!

DeletedUser

Yeah it has gotten me on balancer and bookmarking too. Messes the whole process up

DeletedUser188

yeah it's exactly that!
i think it's a good think, but it is simply too often and that sucks

DeletedUser1381

it would make our lives easier if they just got rid of the bot protection yes? Well too bad we have cheaters lurking around.. They could be anywhere :D so it is agreed bot protection stays as is lol :p

DeletedUser

As far as I am aware, only a tiny proportion of gamers use bots to cheat in this game. I don't see the point in heavily affecting 99.9% of the ingame players because 0.1% (this is an estimate - probably a much lower number) cheat. I've missed snipes and nuke launches on .net due to this addition to the game. They could catch botters before this, so why put it in now?

DeletedUser

i cant remember, but i think it had me do it right as i was trying to send nobles at a guy... =/

messed up some timing, had to recall and send again...

DeletedUser

one and only time i have gotten a bot check though... the one time i needed the attacks sent on time... LOL

DeletedUser

In my oppinion, the bot protection is a good thing, and I explain why: Some players have knowledge of hacks and bots, and If they use it, they will be top in every world they join! The bot protection is a weapon against these guys ;)

DeletedUser188

In my oppinion, the bot protection is a good thing, and I explain why: Some players have knowledge of hacks and bots, and If they use it, they will be top in every world they join! The bot protection is a weapon against these guys ;)

we know this but it's not necessar to test ever player every 2 hours he i online

DeletedUser1381

right ;) they should make it so it pops up less sense it randomly appears.

DeletedUser188

maybe some other moderators can write about it what they think...

DeletedUser

Well. It only happened once when I was about to send a noble train. It didn't hurt. Though if it would have been a backtime...

DeletedUser

Well. It only happened once when I was about to send a noble train. It didn't hurt. Though if it would have been a backtime...

This. Seriously.

The bot detector is no more than a minor annoyance most of the time - but in those moments when you have a very specific time frame in which to complete an action, it could be devestating.

In that case it presents the probability that it is itself causing far more harm than it is preventing. I do not know if there is a way to code it so that it does not come up from certain windows - such as from the rally point or on the attack confirmation window -but outside of that (uneducated, I admit) suggestion I have nothing more positive to suggest.