- Reaction score
It's time to send out your mercenaries again to show them that their defensive structures are no match for your armies! The Castle Assault event is making its grand return!
The assault launches: February 10th, 2021 at approx. 14:00 pm
All attacks must cease by: February 24th, 2021 at 14:00 pm
Participating worlds: All except classic, speed, non-premium
You can join the assault via the village overview or the burning castle icon in the top right corner.
In this event you will be grouped up with 49 other players from your world. On the event screen you will see the castle that is currently under attack and the armies besieging it. Your job will be to use the mercenaries at your command t reinforce the besieging troops and help them bring the castle down. Your available bands of mercenaries are displayed on the event screen. New mercenaries will be recruited to join your army every 30 minutes, to a maximum of 16. Every time you decide to reinforce one branch of the besieging army one group of mercenaries will be sent from your pool and increase the progress bar by four points. Once enough Mercenaries have been allocated the specific branch of your army will fulfill their duties and bring support or attack the castle.
There are three kinds of armies to reinforce:
- Assault: Knights, footmen and other soldiers. The main attacking forces. When the progress bar is full, 1 to 5 damage (plus bombardment bonus) will be dealt to the castle.
- Naval Supply: Ships to support the other armies with supplies. When the progress bar is full, it adds 50% of completion to the Assault and Bombardment bar.
- Bombardment: Catapults and trebuchets used to softening up the strong defensive walls of the castle. When the progress bar is full, it deals 1 point of damage to the castle and raise the damage dealt by Assault by 3 points
Once the castle reaches zero health points (HP) it is destroyed. The medals contained inside the castle are distributed equally among all participating players and your army moves on to the next castle. Which will hold even more medals inside! Medals are also awarded depending on your position in the individual rankings. The more you contribute to the branches of the besieging army, the more medals you will be awarded with when the respective army is executing the command.
When a castle is below 10 HP, you also have the possibility to raid it. This will deal one point of damage to it immediately and grant extra medals. Every fourth destroyed castle will yield additional bonus medals for your group.
If you are part of a tribe, each medal that you earn will also be counted toward the general tribe progress. Once the amount of medals gathered by your tribe reaches a defined amount, a bonus for the whole tribe will be activated for 48 hours! For this iteration of the event four improvements were made to this feature:
- You can now contribute additional medals as often as you want, but this will come at increasing costs. These costs are reset every day. Keep in mind that donated medals are only added to the tribe gauge and not to your personal total.
- The three stages from lowest to highest required amount are: +10% recruitment speed, -10& coin cost and +10% resource production.
- Depending on your tribe limit, the third stage is unlocked at 7500 x the tribe limit. Stage 2 at half of that, stage 1 at a fourth of that.
- When donating medals your tribe you now have a 50% chance to get at least one additional mercenary, up to a maximum of five. With this you are able to go above the mercenary maximum, but cannot purchase additional mercenaries until you have gone below the maximum again.
Power To The Medal
Your hard earned medals can be used in our event shop to gain powerful items. The items exchanged for medals during the event will remain in your inventory when the event ends. So you can keep some for future use.
Once the event ends, you will still have 24 hours to access the event shop and use your medal, via the event screen. After that, the event screen will be inaccessible, the medals removed and the event shop closed. Please note that when you transfer to a casual world your medals will not be transferred!
Now go and bring down that castle! For glory! ... and Medals.
We are looking forward to your feedback, which you can leave in this thread.
The Tribal Wars Team