Change log 8.20 discussion

• Thread starter Deleted User - 419875
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 419875

In the 8.20 update we changed all the places where you see the edit icon to easily rename something to all use the same standard system in an accessible way. Prior to this, each location was implemented differently and had a lot of problems. For example, if your session had expired or your internet connection / server had problems the renaming would just silently failing without telling you. While this will likely have broken some existing scripts, in the future it will be much easier for scripts to hook into renaming things because everything is done in the same way, so it shouldn't take long for script authors to update their scripts.

As a reminder, we do bring updates onto our Beta server before normal worlds, and even have a Sandbox world there to which scripters can apply to join and be granted some free villages and so on for testing. It is the responsibility of script authors to keep their scripts compatible with the game.

Deleted User - 419875

Market graphs

contrary to what we announced in the changelog, we decided to wait a some days longer with activating the market graphs. This is for a couple reasons:

-so we can gather more data for trend creation before activation

-it'll give us some time to iron out a couple of remaining issues

DeletedUser3007

- Removed "edit groups" link from all overviews. The functionality previously accessible under "edit groups" can now be accessed on the Groups Overview screen at the top of the page.

so we are removing features that players use on a normal basis....

suppose i have 45 villages, with 4 nobles each. none of them are grouped.
before this option was removed, id simply go to combined overviews, then edit groups,
click noble group, click noble icon to sort nobles, then check off vills with nobles and save.
overall time taking about 30 seconds to do.

now without this feature how do you suppose i group my noble villages?

suppose i want to redo tons of my village builds. using the groups overview which shows absolutely
no troop information, or village information for that matter, how can i do ANYTHING that i need to?

ive been using this for 5 years now, and without it i wouldn't have played. without grouping properly
there is no way to maintain your villages.

Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization.
Sun Tzu

glad my world is finishing up soon... i couldn't play like this. mandatory deleting of our reports,
removing features that everyone uses, making new ones that aren't even used (inventory),
challenges that reward players for sitting still... what is going on with TW? are you guys trying
to make this game suck to push players to TW 2? LOL

Deleted User - 419875

Dear players,

We prepared a video talking about the 8.20 update, what our thoughts were behind some features and what happened with the update. You can check it out here!

If you want more info about the update, you can read more here!

We hope it will help you understand some of our decisions.

Your Tribal Wars Team

DeletedUser3007

im still waiting to hear something on the edit groups.
how are players supposed to mass group villages?

DeletedUser

the update video explains they are aware of scripts not working with the current update and are working to resolve these issues. if these scripts errors are a known problem, why not fix them in the beta or before the update is released instead of slowing players progress while the problems are corrected? at least focus on scripts that are approved for all/most servers.

Ice Cold makes a good point about all the grouping features removed also. i especially miss the ability to at least see the type of bonus village on the group overview page. there are times i use the bonus icon for quickly grouping new conquers on the group overview page. now i would have to click on each individual village to see a bonus type.

DeletedUser3007

my icons are still there, in which screen were they removed from?

DeletedUser

Group overview page does not show bonus type of village. Other overviews still show though.

I would sort group overview page by number of groups per village. This way all new conquers or villages with zero groups would be at top allowing quick new grouping. I usually select where I want a defensive village then all the rest will be offensive or built based on a bonus feature of the village. The group overview page allowed me to accurately group villages before troop builds even started.

DeletedUser3007

yes i understand now. and that is correct the groups overview page doesn't show any information needed to group properly.
only grouping from that 1 screen really makes it a pain.

DeletedUser

edit groups

- Removed "edit groups" link from all overviews. bring this back havnt nobled a villa or really played since all this dont work and no fixes yet

DeletedUser3517

I too previously used the edit groups option and want to see it back as soon as possible.

DeletedUser

I also used the edit groups option and would like to have it back also I think it makes it hard for the newer players not to have the option

Deleted User - 419875

Thank you for your feedback, All of your comments will be passed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.