Creative Writing Competition Contenders - Vote now!

Which is the best

• Entry 1

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 4

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Entry 5

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

twimg_zps67cc0c96.png

The entries have all been reviewed. Unfortunately a couple had to be disqualified because they did not meet the criteria. But here are the contenders for the competition. The rules are that you CANNOT tell anyone which one is yours or try to get votes from others. It has to be a natural selection. Players found asking for votes will be disqualified. The voting will be open for 1 week after which a winner will be chosen. Ties will be broken by me.

Here are your contenders:

DeletedUser

Entry 1

The noble Knight was tired. The rest of village celebrated his victory of conquering the barbarian village of Tuska. He could not celebrate, for he was just doing what needed to be done to protect his village. He did not savor the killing of other men. Even if that other man was nothing more than a barbarian. This latest battle was brutal. The barbarians were very poor and had very few iron weapons. They never stood a chance as his army of five thousand strong swept through the village. His life had been one conquer after another, one battle led to the next, one victory led to the next. A never ending cycle.

He rested near the base of the statue of Aaron the Great, as he listened to children playing a game of some sort. They knew nothing of the secrets of battle. They knew not of what it was like to ram a village wall to the ground, while women and children screamed in terror. He was thankful that he was born into nobility. That insured a fairly comfortable existence here in the outskirts of the kingdom. Luck had been on his side all of his life, now it was time to step down before his luck ran out.

Tonight he would go to bed and praise the gods that he would be around for the birth of his first born. That should happen at any time now. Tomorrow he would go to the village forum and announce his retirement. At thirty eight summers old, he still had plenty of life to live. He would perhaps open a shop or something. His only goal right now was to watch his child grow up. If it were to be a boy then he would teach him to hunt, fish and fight. He was not sure what to do if it were to be a girl. Thinking back to his womanizing younger years, he realized with a cold shiver down his spine, that daughters are the gods punishment for being a man. He would kill anyone that looked at a daughter of his with a twinkle in his eye. He chuckled at the thought of putting an arrow in the twinkling eye. It was now time to enjoy the good life. It could not come soon enough.

His good friend Samuel hobbled up to the statue, where the great night was resting. Samuel and the knight had been friends since birth. Samuel took a spear to the leg in order to prevent the spear from piercing the armor of the knight, thus ending Samuel's military career. Now he was the finest Fletcher in all of the kingdom.

"Someday they will have one of these statues built for you" Samuel said.

"That will never happen, the sculptor will go mad from my ugliness" the knight chuckled as he walked over to his horse.

"Care to join me for some ale at the tavern" Samuel asked

"I care not," the knight answered, "I intend to go home and have a warm meal with my wife"

The knight then climbed up onto his favorite horse. Just as he got mounted the children that were playing the game ran over screaming and giggling around the horse. The horse then became spooked and the knight was not ready for the horse to rear up, and fell backwards off the horse. This had happened countless times and the knight was not worried when his head landed with a dull thump on the corner of the statues base. He would never take another breath.

Samuel stood there with the children dumbfounded as the horse ran away from the scene. He knew right away that the mighty knight was dead. He was in shock. Part of him was terribly saddened because his dearest friend was gone, gone for ever. The other part was kind of glad because now he would not have to tell the knight that the child that his wife carried, was most likely his.

Entry 2

THIS ENTRY HAS NOW BEEN DISQUALIFIED, PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR IT, VOTES FOR THIS WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

DeletedUser

Entry 3

There once was a man by the name of Lord Carter. He was a nobleman, but this wasn't always true. Lord Carter began as an outcast on the island of Rockfell. His father died when he was only a boy. His mother left him alone in the wilderness shortly after. Fortunately for Carter, luck was on his side. Throughout the years, Lord Carter discovered the secrets of the wildness where he roamed. He discovered iron. After a vast number of years spent wandering the wild, Carter stumbled upon a large barbarian encampment. He took refuge among the barbarians, and to his surprise they accepted him as their own. He brought along his greatest discovery, iron. The barbarians treated him like a God. A statue was quickly erected in his honor. Carter worked day and night and eventually created what is known as the first ram. He also added the first iron weapons and armor to the barbarian arsenal. The barbarians were a violent group and often went on raids of nearby cities and towns. Lord Carter, now growing old, decided to accompany his fellow barbarian brethren on one of their journeys. This became a normal routine for Carter, almost like a game. Lord Carter eventually created a large empire throughout the region. He would conquer town after town, city after city. A man with absolute power is most certainly bound to have enemies. Lord Carter created the forum of the four. A group of Lord Carter's four most trusted men. These men would protect their ruler at any cost, even if it meant expending their own lives. These men knew the true meaning of loyalty. Lord Carter became the most respected and most sought after man in all of Rockfell. Along with his four brothers in arms from the barbarian encampment in which he was raised, Lord Carter expanded his empire to rule all of Middle Earth.

Entry 4

Aquarius

Just a few hours ago, I was sitting on the couch in my living room trying to watch my favorite TV series. The weather outside reminded me that spring was approaching. With a little LUCK, this spring will be better than the last ones. But then I began to see rain clouds approaching my house, the temperature began to drop, and the sky began to darken.

Commercials. I really hate them. I must spend at least half my time in front of the TV watching them, and for some strange reason they think I am interested in slimming women's clothing. Someone needs to invent commercials that fit the desires of the viewer. Recalling my past experience with marketing, they would definitely sell more if they shows ads specific to each viewer, kind of like how the ancient roman merchants attracted specific people to buy their goods in the FORUM.

Just as my last thought landed, a huge lighting bolt RAMMED my house.

Black.

I mean pitch black.

No more commercials. No more Mike Farell. The air was filled with electricity that smelled like burnt IRON.

The only light there was came from my aquarium.

There I was, with heavy rainclouds and rolling thunder outside, trying to figure out if I was more angry for missing my TV series or that I just lost power.

As the lightning flickered outside I saw one of my many fishes in my aquarium playing some kind of GAME with another fish. I have small schooling fishes and bigger ones. The big one froze like a STATUE as the smaller ones circled him. I do not know the SECRET of fish language but it looked to me like they were having fun. After a minute or so, I noticed that one of the small stones in my aquarium was obviously very important. The big fish refused to move himself from it, while the smaller fishes playfully attacked the larger fish. This reminded me of a childhood game I played called king of the hill.

The smaller fish could not defeat the bigger one, so I guess he CONQUERED the hill.

The size difference between the fishes caught my attention as I watched them play. It was very NOBLE of the big fish not to swallow the smaller ones, as they would have easily fit inside his mouth. I left that BARBARIC thought as fast as it came to me, as fish cannibalism is not exactly the most charming thing to think about.

Soon after the power came back on and I realized that my TV series had ended. I glanced at my watch and realized that three hours had passed!

I've spent three hours with my fishes. I never knew that their life could make my time so fast.

Entry 5

The Football Game

Last week, I visited a football game of the St Louis Rams. They lost, but they didn't have bad luck, they were out of shape and played uncoordinated like Barbarians. All visitors were disapointed, especially the women on my left, who looked like a noble. She was so cute, that she conquered my heart by storm. Normally, my heart feels like a statue consisting of iron, but she made me feel totally different. I'll meet her again in the forum of our city hall, but I have to keep it as a secret, otherwise my girlfriend will be very angry.

DeletedUser2328

#1 is by far the best in the creative writing contest! I myself am a writer, and have written and sold several articles in the past. Good luck in the contest my friend! Nick

DeletedUser

I understand and agree with the DQ.. but also appreciate the rogue author, perhaps the work was is poor taste. if a mere tech foul, could we see it?

DeletedUser

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the winners of the 1st Tribal Wars US Server Creative Writing Competition (1st TWUSSCWC for short :p ) are as follows.

In third place, YTritonY - winner of 200 PP

In second place, Elixir - winner of 400 PP

And in first place with more than half the vote, Aaron the Great - winner of 600 PP and a custom forum title!

All winners, please PM me with the username to credit your PP to! Congrats to all winners!