farm assist

• Thread starter DeletedUser3440
  • Start date

DeletedUser3440

so the option C for farm assistant say "the farm manager will use the last successful scout attack information to calculate and send the right about of troops which is needed to pillage all the village's available resources" but it doesn't.
2013-03-07_16-08_Tradewinds.jpg

in the picture it shows i needed only 1 paladin and for scout to pillage 100 resources

2013-03-07_16-09_Tradewinds.jpg

but in the report, the resources total up to 2217 resources. which need 28 light carvery to pillage it all. is this a bug or just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1446

It counts the resources that are being produced also;)

and perhaps is all troops you have in village...

DeletedUser3214

FA always sends the most amount of troops that will allow for full hauls at the time of attack (it calculates pits with the scouts too) - but if you don't click on lc and other troop types you want to use in the box above it will never use them to farm

Nauzhror

Reaction score
FA always sends the most amount of troops that will allow for full hauls at the time of attack (it calculates pits with the scouts too) - but if you don't click on lc and other troop types you want to use in the box above it will never use them to farm

Sort of.

C doesn't send amounts that get full hauls, it sends 1 extra, so as to empty the village. That's the main thing I personally dislike about C actually.

DeletedUser3214

It saves time versus using farm scripts, especially when it comes to larger accounts. Whenever I need to farm on an older world I thank inno for making FA, but whether its as useful in startup is definitely debatable....

DeletedUser

I've found it more useful in startup than later-world, actually. I can just hotkey it up with TWFR on a later world, but I find it a lot easier to use FA in startup and not have to submit reports with almost the same results (minus, of course, the one extra unit the C sends...whoop dee doo :p).

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I've found it more useful in startup than later-world, actually. I can just hotkey it up with TWFR on a later world, but I find it a lot easier to use FA in startup and not have to submit reports with almost the same results (minus, of course, the one extra unit the C sends...whoop dee doo :p).

The one extra unit is actually a really big deal at startup. Later on it isn't.

Sending 2 lc instead of 1 a couple hundred times makes your farming horribly inefficient. However sending 50 instead of 49 20 times is negligible.

As such I find "A" and "B" to be far far more useful than "C" during startup.

TWFR though has the same flaw, it sends 1 extra troop as well. As such I refuse to use either one at startup.

DeletedUser

Depends on your activity, how many farms are available, etc. I won't dispute that it's less efficient, but I do think it varies in degree of inefficiency based on more factors than simply the time of the game.

DeletedUser

I think there is two resons for this
1.‎ the resources that you can haul it is only (341 iron)
Because : Hiding place is level 7 :)
2.‎ and you don't have enough troops

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I think there is two resons for this
1.‎ the resources that you can haul it is only (341 iron)
Because : Hiding place is level 7 :)
2.‎ and you don't have enough troops

FA takes hiding place into account. You never see res that is in the hiding place when scouting, and FA's "estimated res" doesn't include res that is protected by the villages hiding place either.

DeletedUser

wat is the point of the possible res box, it seems rather useless.
I dont like how it gives you the wrong information. when i have never seen the possible res box be accurate.
and why doesnt th FA display the resources that were last scouted? instead of the misinformation that i have obviously paid for. or have i missed something and could it please be explained.

DeletedUser3214

When you scout villages it therefore knows the level of resource buildings and the amount of resources currently in the village. From that, it will calculate the amount of time that has passed since you scouted and amount of time from sending an attack till it lands for how many resources will be in a village when the attack lands (hourly rate + amount at village when scouted)... If you get any non-full hauls that is due to other players farming and not the fault of FA. For mid/late game it generally is spot on as there is less competition for farming, but in startup it will almost always be a fraction of your total haul ability.

DeletedUser

thank you. i am getting the hang of farm assistant. its really frustrating and time consuming when the FA is wrong. including other farmers, my areas are still fairly new. so the accuracy of it now makes sense.