Forum ideas and discussion

DeletedUser

I posted a suggestion for a new world in the suggestion section but it looks like the moderators aren't looking there?

DeletedUser

I posted a suggestion for a new world in the suggestion section but it looks like the moderators aren't looking there?

We do look at everything, however this particular thread is about the forums and not new worlds. What ideas do you have for increasing forum activity? What would you like to see on the forums?

DeletedUser

We do look at everything, however this particular thread is about the forums and not new worlds. What ideas do you have for increasing forum activity? What would you like to see on the forums?

You could go to work for me a couple of days a week so that I have time to visit here. ;)

DeletedUser3214

I think we should do more competitions in the GFX area or just in general (like those quizzes and now the short story essay). Even if its not for premium (or not as much?) its potentially a good motivator for people to put something on the forum for others to see and comment on. Also, we should have a section for some other popular games that people play (console games, mmorg's, etc).

DeletedUser

More competitions aren't nescessarry.

The problem is the lack of good players, good players often look much at the forums and post their war stats.
If you open good worlds like i suggested, you attract more pro's and that will increase the forum visit rate aswell.

DeletedUser3007

ich bin its not lack of good players, its lack of players in general.
on a full net world you can have 100 ks worth of players. our average world on the us has 10-12 max?
so do the math, with 10x less space, thats 10x less players playing, 10x less players posting on the forums.

we need to attract the community in different ways to accommodate the size difference..

elixir's idea of being more contests is perfect to increase forum activity. this is a good idea cuz you can
have many types of contests to reach out to a larger audience.

another idea would be a blogger for the server. this could all be done by 1 person since the worlds are small.
id check forums more myself to see worldly comparisons and breakdowns if they were stickied right on top of the forums.

DeletedUser

I would agree with Ice Cold, we simply lack players period. Good, bad, noob, pro, doesn't matter.

But in terms of forum activity, far less than 1% of all players actively post on the forums. This is way smaller than most games. This tells me that the players either do not know the forums exist, or they do not find value in coming here. Tribal Wars is a social game, players in tribes talk to each other on skype or via mails or via internal forums. These forums can become a far more social place and can enhance the game. The key is to figure out how.

I want to provide that experience for all of you. I am asking for you to tell me what you want, so I can help you all get it. I am your advocate to see things added and changed. I can't do everything you all ask for, but without knowing what you want, I do not even have a place to start. I played this game for a long time myself and I know what things I enjoy, but you all are not me. How can I make your experience better?

DeletedUser3214

Not sure this is really what your looking for in ideas, but what if the forum account was linked to your real TW account name (when you create one it is making both the ign and forum account)? If I recall correctly, I had to make a separate account for the forums... If the forum was linked then it may remind some people that there is a forum and they should use it (maybe?). I've played other games where accounts are not linked to the forums and the % of players posting is only comprised of the most "elite" and super active. Games like tribalwars that rely on communication have a forum ingame, so it would make sense to have it linked to the externals aswell.

As for some actual changes, maybe speed worlds every once and awhile could attract players. I don't know if thats economically plausible, but I have a lot of friends who came to .uk due to the speed worlds (and .uk is bigger than .us even though the .us is much larger in demographics for players on this game)

DeletedUser

By doing contests, people will only join for gaining premium points. In that case they will only read the contest section of the forums. For the increase of forum activity you really need to attract more players. You could try advertising on other tribalwars servers or somewhere else?

DeletedUser

Part of the reason so few people post on the forums is probably because they're very confusing. When I first found out there was a forum for this game a few months ago, I made an account and started looking around, and I didn't understand how the forum was organized because the same thread was in multiple places, and the same title/sub-title is used several times, and theres so many different sections and topics on the first page. I also couldn't make any posts for some reason. That was frustrating, and I gave up and haven't been back here until jessiam2 sent the mail message about the forums.

DeletedUser

Part of the reason so few people post on the forums is probably because they're very confusing. When I first found out there was a forum for this game a few months ago, I made an account and started looking around, and I didn't understand how the forum was organized because the same thread was in multiple places, and the same title/sub-title is used several times, and theres so many different sections and topics on the first page. I also couldn't make any posts for some reason. That was frustrating, and I gave up and haven't been back here until jessiam2 sent the mail message about the forums.

This is good feedback and will be fixed hopefully with the forum changes I plan to make.