Forum Improvement Thread

DeletedUser

To all those that care to read this post:

I recently stole all of [user]OFLOW[/user]'s forum ability's...took a while, but i got there.

Following that i made some small improvements to some area's of the forum, as well as a a little add-on or two. My goal is to make the forums looking better for everyone, and bring some of those member In-Game that don't know about the forum here.

I will be setting this thread on my notification list, and hope that many ideas will put forth to bring more life to the forums.

There is no specific way to post your ideas, but they have to follow a few rules for them to be considered:

• Your idea must be a benefit to everyone in the community and not just yourself.
  • Ideas have to be realistic and feasible, everything will be looked over and if they can be implemented then i will do all i can for them.
  • What are the uses of your idea? (Note out the pro's and con's)

Come on then, let me see all your ideas, GO GO GO

InK

DeletedUser

Addtional 'Premade' Sub-Forums.

Suggestion for Premade forums-

At the moment the servers premade forum section houses one sub-forum, a player market. The premade tribes posts are left within the normal premade forum, most, but not all are labeled with the world they are taking place in. I was thinking, for the forum to stay tidy and perhaps clearer, to add more sub-forums;
World x
World x +1
World x +2
(x being the number of the next world upcoming, for example at the time of this post, world 4)

This would mean any new and existing premade tribe advertised would be sorted or posted into the correct sub-forum.

Also another small suggestion connected to this one would be to after the world is launched, moving all the premades into the 'Recruitment & Applying to tribes' section for the world.

And another suggestion, would be to perhaps also implement additional sub-forums in the 'Recruitment & Applying to tribes' forums, with;
'Tribes'
'New Players'
'Co-Players'
This is for the same reasons really as my previous suggestion.

Pro's
  • Clearer forums
  • More efficient
  • Easier and Quicker to search for tribes
  • Can easily look for what you want to find

Con's
  • More clicks
  • More work for mods

DeletedUser

And another suggestion, would be to perhaps also implement additional sub-forums in the 'Recruitment & Applying to tribes' forums, with;
'Tribes'
'New Players'
'Co-Players'

Pro's
  • Clearer forums
  • More efficient

Con's
  • More clicks
  • More work for mods

Now i like this, but if this is what you are thinking about:
w3forum.jpg

It will fill up that area, and maybe make it less appealing to others. Also what will each of these contain?

Tribes
New Players
Co-Players

I am having a slow day, so my mind is not up for thinking
:blush:

If it is welcomed, then i have no problem getting it implemented if possible.

DeletedUser

Suggestion for Premade forums-

At the moment the servers premade forum section houses one sub-forum, a player market. The premade tribes posts are left within the normal premade forum, most, but not all are labeled with the world they are taking place in. I was thinking, for the forum to stay tidy and perhaps clearer, to add more sub-forums;
World x
World x +1
World x +2
(x being the number of the next world upcoming, for example at the time of this post, world 4)

This would mean any new and existing premade tribe advertised would be sorted or posted into the correct sub-forum.

Also another small suggestion connected to this one would be to after the world is launched, moving all the premades into the 'Recruitment & Applying to tribes' section for the world.

'Tribes'
'New Players'
'Co-Players'

Pro's
  • Clearer forums
  • More efficient

Con's
  • More clicks
  • More work for mods

Epic suggestion, this should be implemented as faster as possible in my opinion ;)

DeletedUser

w3forum.jpg

It will fill up that area, and maybe make it less appealing to others. Also what will each of these contain?

Tribes
New Players
Co-Players

I thought having the sub-forums actually like sub-sub-forums. So they are sub-forums of 'Recruitment & Applying to tribes'. But I don't know if that is possible. So perhaps just remove the forum Recruitment & Applying to tribes' entirely, and put in the 3 others. If that makes sense :/...

DeletedUser

Yes, sub-forums can go into sub-forums (they just look the same as sub-forums in forums). The main concern i had though was what the community thought, if i see some positive feedback, i will be willing to open a poll for a final decision.

DeletedUser

I agee with the sub-forums for premade based on worlds (though I think it should purely be for the next 2 worlds at any one time, and possibly a Past Premade sub-forum). However, I don't think there should be more sections in the world boards, as most people don't read those on all the other servers, purely the PnP area, so I would have thought that for now it would be best to leave that be?

DeletedUser

w3forum.jpg

Tribes
New Players
Co-Players

Thats pretty good you're idea Inga!

DeletedUser

I agee with the sub-forums for premade based on worlds (though I think it should purely be for the next 2 worlds at any one time, and possibly a Past Premade sub-forum).

I want to see what others think of this idea before implementing it

However, I don't think there should be more sections in the world boards, as most people don't read those on all the other servers, purely the PnP area, so I would have thought that for now it would be best to leave that be?

Same as above, i didn't mind the idea, but i want to see how popular it is.

Thats pretty good you're idea Inga!

Just to get this out, the idea was from [user]Click Here to Win[/user]

DeletedUser

Yes, Premades should be sorted by world. The bugs reporting/tech support section should be brought to be shown on the main forum page (its own forum) so its easier to find and more obvious when people come to the forums.

DeletedUser

I have a few more, small improvement ideas that could be implemented. :)

Script Sub-Forums
The first one would be to add sub-forums to the scripts section, these could be;
- Approved
- Requests
- Questions

The main script forum therefore would be for scripts not yet approved waiting for approval or denial.

Pro's
  • Cleaner Forums
  • Easier to Search

Con's
  • More Clicks
  • Responsibility to move threads added

Staff Introduction Thread Names
What I mean by this is to have the thread names changed to match the member of staff's role within the forums. It would look like this;

Senior InGame Moderator: Aliyah. <3 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Aliyah

Staff Assistant: Que? - Yeah, It's Caleb ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Que?

Elder Moderator:* InK's Intro ( 1 2 3)
Inga no Kusari

Moderator: SmashNasty ( 1 2 3)
The SmashNasty

InGame Moderator:** jesseiam2 ( 1 2)
jesseiam2

Moderator: Move Along, Nothing to See Here
u6s5l.

* I couldn't be bothered to highlight InK's name in a rainbow, so I left it, but imagine it with the correct font color.
** I edited this threads original name to make abit more sense.

Pro's
  • Clear
  • Quicker to know staff roles
  • Less clicks to find out staff roles

Con's
  • Responsibility to change/edit thread title

DeletedUser

The script section more than has sections visible to the mod only. Seeing that the section is barely active adding more sub-forums would be pointless at this stage.

DeletedUser

The script section more than has sections visible to the mod only. Seeing that the section is barely active adding more sub-forums would be pointless at this stage.

Yeah, good point, I didn't think about that :).

What do you think of the other idea?

DeletedUser

Being perfectly honest with you, I couldn't care less, I rarely if ever look at that forum section a simple:
"Senior InGame Moderator - Aliyah"
Or similar would suffice in my opinion for naming the introduction thread, however, mods like to put a personalized title as can be expect (and as I would do) so it seems to work fine as it is. Although I do think that only actively moderating account should have their threads in there. Past or mods on a break should be moved to a hidden sub-forum.

DeletedUser

Click forum leaders it tells you exactly what each member of staff is. (Only the ones listed of course) :D

DeletedUser

Click forum leaders it tells you exactly what each member of staff is. (Only the ones listed of course) :D

I know, but it was really a suggestion so if there is a new member of staff, or a new player joins the server, they can see thier intro thread and link the roles to the person, without having to look at a different page...

DeletedUser

You can also tell as you will get used to the colours for each different type of staff member.

Also it does say under their name what they do. I think it would not be worth implementing as there are many places where this information is readily available for people to see.

DeletedUser

Reply to Click Here To Win

I have a few more, small improvement ideas that could be implemented. :)

Script Sub-Forums
The first one would be to add sub-forums to the scripts section, these could be;
- Approved
- Requests
- Questions

The main script forum therefore would be for scripts not yet approved waiting for approval or denial.

Pro's
  • Cleaner Forums
  • Easier to Search

Con's
  • More Clicks
  • Responsibility to move threads added

I like the idea, but the prefixes have been added due to the fact that we don't get much activity in that area.

Staff Introduction Thread Names
What I mean by this is to have the thread names changed to match the member of staff's role within the forums. It would look like this;

Senior InGame Moderator: Aliyah. <3 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Aliyah

Staff Assistant: Que? - Yeah, It's Caleb ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Que?

Elder Moderator:* InK's Intro ( 1 2 3)
Inga no Kusari

Moderator: SmashNasty ( 1 2 3)
The SmashNasty

InGame Moderator:** jesseiam2 ( 1 2)
jesseiam2

Moderator: Move Along, Nothing to See Here
u6s5l.

* I couldn't be bothered to highlight InK's name in a rainbow, so I left it, but imagine it with the correct font color.
** I edited this threads original name to make abit more sense.

Pro's
  • Clear
  • Quicker to know staff roles
  • Less clicks to find out staff roles

Con's
  • Responsibility to change/edit thread title

Not so keen on this one, i see how it would point out who does what within the team, but it could cause quite a few issues:

Setting up the preset titles
- Easy to do, but if some need removing or adding it could cause problems

Some of them would cause large titles - Annoying as hell :(

DeletedUser

Well the staff intro thread titles should just be their name and position... I think that makes the most sense.