Forum "Thanks" Mod

DeletedUser

Hi,

I've been reading posts & threads on the forums and some are really good and useful, i would like to suggest
a "Thanks" Mod to be installed on these forums so that users can be thanked for their Tutorials/suggestions/help
threads instead of spamming "thanks" and replies like that.

To a certain degree this encourages users to post more on the forums and this would give them a small incentive
by having a "How Many People Thanked" on their profile where they can see how many people thanked them and
appreciated their posts.

This forum runs on vB 3.8.x and here is the mod for this version:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=165673

Regards,
MagicTallGuy

DeletedUser1093

If you click the
reputation.gif
you can +rep them for their post. It could be a bit more ovbious though.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but what would you rather do, click and few buttons and write something so that they
get +Rep or just click the thanks button which does not need to refresh the page or anything?

DeletedUser

Yeah, but what would you rather do, click and few buttons and write something so that they
get +Rep or just click the thanks button which does not need to refresh the page or anything?
I personally like the reputation way better than a "thanks." I like the "thanks" method but rep stays with you. I think it's fun to look at rep :D

DeletedUser1093

You don't have to write anything, it's just 2 clicks.

DeletedUser

yeah, it isn't much work. plus you can write a message with it in addition to the person a lot faster than sending a pm to them, and they would also know what it's linked to a lot more easily.

DeletedUser

Then what about incorporating the reputation system with the Thanks system?

When ever someone clicks thanks it add's +1 to your reputation

@TheHeirtotheThrone in the reputation system it shows: "Your comments on this post:"
that's the little bit that you have to fill in, thanks system would be 1 click on the say page and that's it.

DeletedUser1093

@TheHeirtotheThrone in the reputation system it shows: "Your comments on this post:"
that's the little bit that you have to fill in, thanks system would be 1 click on the say page and that's it.

It's an option, you don't have to fill it in, just leave it blank if you are too lazy to type.

DeletedUser

Meh, I think a self typed "Thanks" is worth more than a "click" thanks, come on it's not that much of an effort.