How do you get rid of a duke from tribe?

DeletedUser

cause i'd really like to know and the sooner the better.

DeletedUser173

There's only two ways...

1) Assuming you are the duke, you must first set another member as duke, and then remove the status from yourself.

2) If you just want to get out of a crap tribe, (e.g. a tribe with only a member or two) you must disband the tribe. (go to properties, disband tribe)

DeletedUser

thanks, i was wondering how because one of my tribe members(the tribe i created) completely reset everything on the ranking page/thing, and i have no idea how he got into it, because yesterday i was duke and today i'm a baron and i'm pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, you really shouldn't set duke rights to others.
Just if you know them well.

DeletedUser173

Okay, you really shouldn't set duke rights to others.
Just if you know them well.

Because the only differences between barons and dukes are that dukes can change other dukes' position and can disband, it is unecessary to have more than 1 duke in the first place...

DeletedUser

it is unecessary to have more than 1 duke in the first place...

I have been duke in a tribe that had 3 dukes, but the reason for that was we were different time zones and we trusted each other.

And by having 3 dukes, meaning a leader was always online, which came in handy more than once

DeletedUser173

I have been duke in a tribe that had 3 dukes, but the reason for that was we were different time zones and we trusted each other.

And by having 3 dukes, meaning a leader was always online, which came in handy more than once

The point was that those leaders could have been baron status as well, and it would have made no difference because they would still have all the same privies and powers... It's not like someone's gonna need to disband the tribe at any given point in the day.

DeletedUser

I absolutly agree with Who am.
The 2 others could also just be baron's.
Where is the different? They just couldn't change the position of other duke's.
I will never ever lead a tribe where are other duke's than me.

DeletedUser

Maybe they were friends, and all wanted to have a check on the other two?

DeletedUser

Having more than 1 duke also is beneficial if something happens and that duke does not return.

I have a co-duke on my other world and it works very well and smoothly. We both have different strengths and weaknesses and offset each other well. It works for some, but not all.

DeletedUser

My tribes have been more successful when I solo-duked. Just depends on skills/weaknesses as Jessei said though.

DeletedUser

If im not mistaken a baron is a leader too??

DeletedUser

Like Who Am said, a baron is a duke without disbanding the tribe :D

And there is really no need to disband the tribe.

Each tribe is different. Most tribes, a baron isnt a duke without disbanding privs. If you are looking from a privs perspective only, then yes, there is little difference. But a duke can strip all of any privs they wish Baron are a leader in the tribe, but the final say rests with the duke. Some tribes divide total tribal duties among Dukes, Barons, and selected others.

It really all depends on the hierarchical nature of the tribe. In some tribes baron is a worthless title, in others baron is an equal.