I have a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Chess's name implies nothing about the type of pieces that should be used. The name "Tribal Wars" does indeed limk with a certain culture and period of history. There aren't "tribes" in the time period you're referring to (near-future).

And when you're 30 you'll look back at comments like that and laugh at yourself.

I do realize there aren't "tribes", but surely one can argue for certain fictions to be made.
When I'm 30, I'll take great care in ensuring that these posts aren't dredged up to avoid laughing at myself.

DeletedUser

How could you have the game without paladins, that wouldn't make any sense.

This Is Where I Will Point Out, You Can Play Without Paladins (There Are Worlds With Settings To Not Have Them) So It Does Make Sense.

DeletedUser

Seeeee, I Am Not Making Up My Knowledge, I Do Know Know How To Play :p

DeletedUser

Chess's name implies nothing about the type of pieces that should be used. The name "Tribal Wars" does indeed limk with a certain culture and period of history. There aren't "tribes" in the time period you're referring to (near-future).

So, because we left the bronze age meant that bronze no longer existed? Just because we've moved onto something better (in this case, near-future time period and style) doesn't mean the concept of tribes must cease existing.

DeletedUser

And when you're 30 you'll look back at comments like that and laugh at yourself.

Whenever I read anything I wrote when I was younger, I remain very straight-faced. But that might be because I'm normally a very serious person who doesn't smile at all. I am including a picture so you can see this for yourself.

l_3db26e2f1c9cc46575516497f408163d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wouldn't the things you are suggesting force fields etc change the criteria etc and the name as it is no longer medieval but future so it would have to be called future wars which hasn't got the same ring or fun in my opinion

DeletedUser

I Think Most Of Us Agree That It Would Be Too Much Of A Change For It To Succeed As An "Add On".

But Maybe As A New Type Of Game, But I Myself Prefer The Old Time Of Battle's. The Future Kind Of Things Are Totally Appealing To Me

DeletedUser

Na, I Talked To Him A Bit, Yea He Was Annoying, But Was Kind Enough Once Spoken To In A Proper Way

DeletedUser173

Oh my, I'm somewhat shocked that this thread wasn't closed some time ago...

"I don't like the medieval period, so you should change the entire game layout of tribalwars to satisfy me."

Why do you bother taking the time to complain about how stupid the setting of the game is, just look for a game that satisfies your taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.